~4~

A Year In Korea: My Return

When Michelle woke up, she was laying on a chair with her head on someone's lap.

She checked the time to see it was 10 in the morning. Wow I didn't know I slept so a few hours already. Wait! Who am I laying on?

She looked up to see who it was. She silently gasped. Dongwoon? She noticed his eyes were also closed with scratches and blood stains on his shirt and face.

Michelle was too shocked to know what to say. She quietly got up and left, but Dongwoon tugged onto her wrist and opened his eyes.

"Where are you going?" Michelle looked back.

"I-I have to go home." She can feel her heart racing and that same bubbly feeling she had for Dongwoon began to surface again.

She could not look directly in his eyes. "I'll take you."

She shook her head. "You need to get these wounds treated before you get an infection."

He leaned in closer. "Can you treat them for me? You are a doctor right?" He smirked.

It made Michelle go crazy. I can't have feelings for him. I'm getting married to JaeJoong soon.

"S-sorry, but my shift was over." She fixed her gaze on the floor.

Dongwoon pretended his head started to hurt. "My head....it's in throbbing pain."

Michelle, still being the gullible knind girl she is rushed to Dongwoon. "Are you okay? Here, let me bring you to my office and we take some X-rays."

Michelle held onto Dongwoon's arm to support him. I'm not letting you leave me like you did six years ago.

When they reached her office, Dongwoon made sure the door were locked. Michelle got out her equipment and realized Dongwoon tricked her.

She was slightly angry and tried to leave, but he blocked her way.

He sat her down on a chair. "I want to know.

"You want to know what?" Michelle blinked.

"Why did you leave? We were suppose to be on a date that day. Why did you leave me? I waited for you for six years."

Michelle sighed and looked in the other direction. "Well, since I'm not Korean nor am I a citizen in this country, I needed a visa to study here. It turns out that my visa had a problem so I had to leave."

"But why didn't you come back? Why didn't you reply to my letters?"

"You never sent me anything. I tried to come back, but it took a while for me to get a new visa because of the controversy from last time. By the time I got one, I was already in medical school."

Dongwoon hugged Michelle. "You know my feelings for you never changed. I still love you. Can we be together now?"

Michelle pushed him away. "Sorry, Woonie. I'm getting married."

The color in Dongwoon's face drained. I can't believe this.

"Why didn't you wait for me?"

"I didn't think you would actually wait for me. You never sent me letters nor called."

"I did. I called you everyday with the same number you left me, but no one picked up so I thought you changed your number. I sent you a few letters every week, but you never replied."

"My number did change, but my address didn't. I never got any letters from you. You could have asked Doojoon or Annie, I still had close contact with them."

Dongwoon's eyes shifted away. "Ever since Beast disbanded, I never contacted them. It was just recent I saw them and they invited me to their wedding."

There was an awkward moment of silence until someone knocked on the door.

Michelle went to unlock the door and open it. "JaeJoong?! I didn't know you would visit me today."

JaeJoong walked in and kissed her cheek."Do I need an excuse to visit my wife? I know you probably forgot to eat breakfast so I bought you something."

Michelle smiled at how caring and sweet he is. Then she remembered Dongwoon was still here.

"Oh were you taking care of a patient? Maybe I should come later and wait outside."

"No it's fine. He was about to leave." Dongwoon got up and left. "See you later Dr. Lee." He said.