Goodbye

Last Farewell

A steamed bun guy sat on the riverside, enjoying the beautiful scene in front of his eyes. This place has been his favorite place ever. Wait nope. Not him. TheirThe guy closed his eyes slowly. Feeling the warm breeze of the wind that hit his face smoothly. 

 

Suddenly a warm arm wrapped around his shoulder. He flinched a little at the sudden touch but the feel is familiar and make a smile curved on his small lips. The owner of that warm arm dropped his sight to the guy next to him. He examined every feature of his figure lovingly. That cheek, still round like a bun but a little bit thinner now. He still can't believe that this is the last time he will be this close to the person who now comfortably leans his head on his shoulder.

 

"I thought you will not come." the steamed bun guy said with his eyes still closed enjoying the warmth he gets.

The other guy chuckled. "Impossible. How can I refuse to see my beloved Baozi."

"Ah, of course. My Luhan always knows what to say."

 

***

 

7 years earlier....

"Late late late late!"

Luhan ran across the soccer field with his uniform still unproperly tucked in. His hair becoming messy because of the wind but he doesn't care. He's late for his first class in his new school.

He ran down the corridor and stopped in front of the door with a sign 12-3. He tried to catch his breath while praising himself in his head because he already came to this school the day before, he didn't have to get lost. He opened the door and all of the eyes stared at him. The boys looking at him in a confused way, the girls squealed with tiny voices so the teacher won't hear.

"New student! Come here!" the teacher called him.

Luhan walked slowly inside while scratching his un-itchy hair. He bowed slightly to the whole class and bowed almost 90degrees to the teacher.

"Late on your first day of school, huh." the teacher scoffed.

"I- I'm so- sorry..." he stuttered.

"Fine. Because it's your first day I will let you off the hook. But next time, you will surely get a punishment." the teacher said firmly. "Class, this is Luhan, he's the new transferred student from China."

Luhan smiled and bowed again to the class. 

"Now, take your seat." the teacher waved.

 

Luhan nodded and looked across the room. There's an empty seat right on the very back of the class, near the window. He walked to his seat with the girls' eyes glued to him. He didn't really get nervous because he's kind of... used to it. Back when he still in China, all the girls, too, can't get their eyes off him.

He sat on his seat and realized that he got a company right beside his desk. He's soundly sleeping and his round face looks so cute Luhan can't help but awe.

"Cute." he smiled to himself. "Like a baozi."

Luhan slowly poked his company's cheek and it made him moved a little. He suddenly woke up and his big round eyes looked directly into Luhan's eyes.

"Ah, kkamjjagiya!" he shouted.

The class immediately looked at them and the teacher already put a grumpy face.

"Minseok, Luhan. If you can't stay quite just go outside!"

The guy beside Luhan, who turns out goes by the name Minseok, stands up and bows. "I'm sorry, Ssem. It won't happen again."

The teacher got back to teach and Minseok sat back on his seat. He looked at the person beside him, Luhan, with an annoyed face.

"Who are you?" he asked with an almost whispered voice. He won't take another risk to get caught by the teacher again.

Luhan smiled happily and gave his hand. "Luhan. I'm the new student."

Minseok grabbed his hand and nodded with an "oooh~" sound. Luhan thought it's cute.

"Well, I'm Minseok. By the way, thanks for ruining my nice nap."

 

So that's how they first met. Senior year at school. Just right then, Luhan immediate fall for the steamed bun guy named Minseok whom by destiny will sit beside him for the whole year.

 

***

 

"Do you remember the first time we met?" Luhan removing his arm from his baozi's shoulder and it makes him opened his eyes.

Minseok throw his sight to the beautiful river that spread beautifully in front of him again. "How can I forget. You ruined my nice nap that day. Uh... I just have a long night the day before."

Luhan chuckled. "Well, right that time I immediately fall for you."

Now it Minseok's turn to chuckle. "I know."

 

***

 

"Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere. Just keep your eyes closed. No peeking!"

 

Minseok just sighed by Luhan's word. He had no idea where Luhan would take him but he didn't even care. As long as Luhan's hand still holding his hand like this, he's not afraid. Even if Luhan takes him to jump off a cliff. He himself didn't know why he felt that way towards Luhan. Maybe it's because he never had a best friend before in his life. Luhan was the first. Somehow, he's relieved that it's not someone else.

"Jjan! Now you can open your eyes!"

Minseok slowly opened his eyes and his jaw dropped instantly by the view. Beautiful river, with many trees on the other side of the river. He just realized that he stand right on the side of the river with Luhan hands still holding his hand tight.

"Luhan. Where are we? It's so beautiful!"

Luhan smiled proudly. "My secret hideout. Now it's yours too, okay," he said.

Minseok nodded eagerly, not really paying attention to what Luhan said though, he's too immersed by the sight around him.

"Minseok...."

Luhan pulled Minseok's hand and make Minseok looking at him. Minseok replied with a simple yes but when his eyes met with Luhan's, he didn't know why his heart beating so fast. Luhan's eyes are beautiful and why is he so stupid that he just realized it now. Luhan leaned himself closer to Minseok while closing his eyes and it makes Minseok shivers. He didn't know what to do and chose to close his eyes instead. Just then, he felt a soft lips on his.

"I love you, my Baozi."

That soft yet intriguing voice on his ears enough to make Minseok's heart weak. He opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was Luhan's face. He was so confused when suddenly Luhan burst to laugh.

"I'm sorry, Minseok-ah. But, I really do love you. More than a best friend. I know we are more than that." he said.

Minseok furrowed his eyebrows. "But........ Luhan, it can't....."

"What? You don't love me?" Luhan pouted.

Minseok hurriedly shook his head. "No- It's not-"

Luhan pulled his best friend to his embrace. "Then don't say anything. Just say you love me."

Minseok was taken aback by the sudden act Luhan did but he smiled. "I love you, Luhan."

 

***

 

Silence occurred between them. Many thoughts are going on in their head. Goodbye, is one of the thing in their head. Somehow it hurts them deep inside but that what they have to face sooner or later. But fate decides it to be sooner, or so they thought.

"I see you already in your tux." Minseok stared at the younger by months person beside him.

"Yeah." Luhan looked at his watch. "It still in 5 hours but I have to get ready."

Minseok groaned. "Ah... I envy you for meeting such a very nice girl like her."

"Do you want me to ask my mom to introduce you to one?" Luhan jokes and it makes Minseok laughs.

"That will be nice," Minseok said.

Luhan grabbed Minseok's hand and hold it tight. "But she's nothing compared to my Baozi." said Luhan with a really sad voice. Minseok can hear it so clearly and it makes his heart hurt even more. He never thought that goodbye can be this hard and painful.

"Let's run, Minseok-ah. Let's run from all of this and start a new one."

Minseok run his finger through his beloved Luhan's hair. He looked at him lovingly and shook his head slowly.

"That's not how we deal with problems, Luhan-ah."

Luhan's heart sank immediately when he heard what Minseok said. 7 years. 7 years he's been in love with him and never even for just a second it changed. But then again, Minseok is right. Running away won't solve their problem.

"I love you, Luhan."

"I love you more, my Baozi."

 

Luhan leaned in and kiss his beloved Baozi for the last time. Their last kiss before the eternal goodbye.



 


 

because i really love xiuhan /shy /hides