Listening to Talk

Keo Oneshots

“Taekwoon,” Jaehwan whispers to the man lying beside him. Taekwoon stirs, but ultimately doesn’t say a word back to him. Jaehwan tries again.

“Taekwoon hyung,” he says this time. A soft ‘yes’ sounds from the pile of blankets Taekwoon is currently wrapped in. Jaehwan continues.

“Do you like me?” he asks his bandmate. He can hear the blankets being moved around and Taekwoon ends up facing him.

“Why are you asking me that?” Taekwoon asks instead, making Jaehwan frown into his pillow. The younger sighs as he tries to find Taekwoon’s eyes in the dark of the night.

“I don’t know. I just need to hear it from someone,” Jaehwan says, curling the blanket tighter around his body. 

Taekwoon knows that tone of voice. Jaehwan is feeling insecure again. He probably read rude comments on some website again, talking badly about his nose or body.

People can say such rude things, and even though Taekwoon has worked hard to make sure Jaehwan sees his own beauty, there will always be doubt in the back of the younger’s mind.

“Of course I like you Jaehwan-ah,” Taekwoon replies, hoping it will settle the other’s mind. Jaehwan just sighs again, this time louder.

“You should prove it more often, instead of hitting me and pushing me away all the time,” Jaehwan complains, his hands tightening around the edges of his pillow.

Taekwoon is internally laughing now. So it wasn’t his own looks Jaehwan doubted this time, but instead s’ love for him. 

“I do prove it. Every day I prove it. The way I look at you. I know you can read what my eyes say. You can read me like a book, Jaehwan. That’s a skill no one but you has acquired,” Taekwoon explains.

Jaehwan smiles, a genuine smile that Taekwoon can feel and see even though it’s pitch black. It makes him smile slightly, and he knows Jaehwan can see and feel it too.

“I do read you pretty well, don’t I?” Jaehwan smirks into the night and Taekwoon tries to push his shoulder but ends up getting his hand stuck in a blanket.

“Shut up,” the elder says, although he secretly enjoys that he can communicate with someone without having to speak.

Because even though he has never been good at talking, Jaehwan has never really been good at listening.

 

 

 

+++++

 

 

 

I'm so glad I got some more inspiration for these oneshots. I really love Keo and any story that has them in it. Hopefully my next chapter will be longer and a little more detailed and involved with the other members. Comment and subscribe!!! <3