___1

It All Started With A Smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris tried to playfully wink at his seatmate but it turned out he’s too bad at it, he ended up ruining it by blinking both eyes. He looked ridiculously funny that it earned a soft chuckle from the girl.

His eyes grew bigger. How could it be possible for someone to look so charming when she’s smiling? His heart was beating so fast at the sight of the girl before him. It was the first time he saw her smiling ever since the first day he met her.

It was precious.

He was addicted to it. He wanted more.

 

---

 

That day, nothing particularly special like other days, Kwon Seoyeon walked to school with a heavy heart. She hated school; always been. It’s not like she hated to study, no. She did well in her study. She scored in most of the subjects and good enough to tutor.

All she hated was the students who went there.

She was one of those students who were too weak to fight for their rights. Consequently, she got picked on by a group of naughty girls in the school like almost every day. Yes, she’s a victim of a bully.

They would ask her for money or ordering her around or finishing homework for them. Because she didn’t have the courage to fight back, she just did whatever she was told.

Of course, not all the students treated her like that. Some would pretend to act nice to her just because she’s good at her study but she wouldn’t fall for their fake personality. For her, they were just hypocrites. She had this big, thick wall built inside her which would be difficult to break; a barrier she drew so that no one could get close to her. She shut herself from the outside world.

Trust – you had to work much harder to earn that from her.

That morning, she felt strangely uneasy like something bad would happen. However, she pushed that feeling aside knowing that she had a few more minutes before the school gate would be closed. She sped up her pace and reached there on time. She bowed to Mr. Park, the disciplinary teacher before heading to class.

As she was passing by a basketball court where a few boys were having a quick game before the bell rang, something hard landed on her head. She winced in pain as she rubbed her head vigorously to ease the pain.

As she looked down, it was a basketball that caused her the pain. A loud laugh erupted from the centre of the court. It didn’t piss her off at all. She’s now used to have that kind of reaction. It was some kind of pleasure to their eyes.

Unlike the others, a very tall, slim guy jogged to her. He was blonde and unrealistically gorgeous. He was like an anime character that came out from a manga book and tran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter