Epilogue

Collateral Damage

Sehun frowns, tapping his foot. He better not back out now, Sehun thinks, or I swear I will whip his skinny . Baekhyun clears his throat as time continues to tick bye. Sehun glares at him, and Baekhyun just gives him a look that’s half concern and half condolences.

 

Then, miraculously, the doors open, and Tao sashays down the aisle, smirk on his lips, while something warmer, more familiar, grows in his eyes.

Sehun lets out a breath he didn’t know he was holding. Six years, and you’d think Tao would have the decency to at least be on time for his own wedding.

 

Of course, it had taken five for them to make their not relationship something permanent, Tao slipping the question into a conversation about why Sehun didn’t want to go to clubs anymore. Sehun, unimpressed by the absolute lack of romance, but expecting nothing else, had sighed and muttered an assent that was less than enthusiastic.

 

That night though, when they did things infinitely more interesting than going to a club, Sehun had gasped a fervent I love you, and Tao breathed the words back, sentiment shivering across Sehun’s skin.

 

They say their vows, their friends and families clap nicely, and Sehun wishes they had just eloped like he had suggested, glaring as Baekhyun sheds more tears than necessary, twisting his own wedding band, and looking disgustingly sappy as he smiles at Chanyeol.

 

Their friends had been entirely shocked when they announced their wedding, telling Kyungsoo that he better not upstage them and pop the question to Jongin for a month at least, because they hadn’t even known Sehun and Tao were dating. Their families fared no better, but Sehun didn’t care much; he’d come to realize that Tao was really the only constant he needed in this world.

 

Six years, and things were much the same as they were when they met in college. They still didn’t do anything as ridiculous as make love, and Sehun still thinks that maybe they hate each other sometimes. Theirs still wasn’t a love story, but Sehun wasn’t entirely sure he’d call it a war. After all, love and hate were intimately bound and maybe they both liked it that way.