Chapter 2

RUN AWAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two Kims had done eating. Sunggyu paid the meal while Myungsoo went outside to prepare the car.

“Here is your change, Sir.” The young boy one the counter said.

Sunggyu was about to say thanks when the boy cut him, “Umm, do you want to continue your trip tonight?”

Sunggyu tilted his head. “How does he know that I’m on a trip?”

As the boy could read his mind, he continued, “I can guess because I never see you here before. You know, this is countryside. So people know each other.” The boy smiled.

“Aah… Yes, and I’m in hurry. Thank you.”

Sunggyu hurried outside. The boy behind the counter face palmed himself.

“Aigoooo!!” he said loudly.

“What’s the matter, Jongie?”

“Hyung, I forgot to tell the brothers about the forecast.”

The tall boy who called hyung sighed. “I get a bad feeling…”

 

-|-|-

 

Unaware of what would happen, the brothers continued their trip. Myungsoo was still on the wheel. Sunggyu stayed quiet after the dinner.

“Hyung, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I just think about us.”

“What about us? I told you many times. You don’t have to worry. We will be okay.”

Myungsoo looked aside and put one hands on his brother’s shoulder.

“Watch out!” Sunggyu shouted.

A cat ran across the road. The car was slip to the left. Unfortunately, there’s no car from the opposite.

“Be careful. The road is slippery. I don’t want us die just because the stupid cat!” Sunggyu yelled.

“I know.” Myungsoo replied calmly. He had to stay calm on the situation like this. He knew that his brother won’t stop talking about that for a couple minutes ahead.

The car couldn’t move fast because of the snow that started to fall heavily. The sight distance was also getting nearer. For half an hour, they were still on the same countryside.

It was near midnight. The snow covered the area completely. The wind started to blow.

“How far?” Sunggyu asked.

“Uh?”

“How far will we drive? Shouldn’t we just stay here for tonight?”

“I think we can go until the next village. You can sleep first. I’ll wake you up when we’re outside this area.”

“No! Not after you almost kill both of us.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “Not again, hyung. You’re exaggerated. It’s just a little accident. Your driving is even worse than me. We could be killed long ago if you’re on the wheel.” Myungsoo bluntly said.

Sunggyu pouted.

Myungsoo glanced at his brother and started to feel uneasy. He shouldn’t say it. Moreover on the situation like now, where they were on the run with the weather that getting worse by the night.

 

It passed midnight when the storm came. The Kims were still on road. Myungsoo stayed on his word to stop on the next village.

Sunggyu who had hypothermia sat uncomfortably. He rubbed both of his hands to create heat. Myungsoo was still focus on the road. Sunggyu shivered a moment later. The sound of his chattering teeth was heard. Myungsoo stopped the car.

“Cold?”

Sunggyu nodded.

“Here, take this.” Myungsoo took off his coat and asked Sunggyu to wear it.

“B-b-but… y-you-u…?”

“I still have my muffler.”

Sunggyu hesitated but Myungsoo continued, “Take it. We don’t have much time. And I don’t feel like to babysit the sick person now. Just try to sleep.”

Sunggyu didn’t have a choice but obeyed. The car moved again.

The storm didn’t seem to stop anytime soon. The road was now more dangerous. It was dark and no one was in sight.

Actually, Myungsoo was tired too. But he didn’t want to show it to his brother. Sunggyu was now asleep. Or he pretended so. His eyes were closed.

Myungsoo yawned silently. He rubbed his tired eyes, tried to have clearer sig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter