The Swan Prince's Bride 3

The Swan Prince's Bride

---------------------------------------------------------------------
"She's 15 years old. She can take care of herself now. Do not worry", her mother reassured the worried father. He slowly nodded and watched Aera disappear down the street. He was so used to sending her off that he couldn't it help it but worry for her safety.

When Aera reached the park, she realized that if she had walked through it, she'd be at school faster. Her father usually didn't take her through the park because of the rumors. He always took her around it.

The park didn't look as dangerous as her father made it seem. Mostly everything can be seen in sight. She could see a big pond in the distant and some more trees. As she walked throuhgh the park, she saw that it was quite peaceful. Birds were chirping from up the trees and she could hear a few ducks quacking from the pond. Looking over to the pond, she walked over to a tree nearby. The pond was quite big and it stretched all the way to the other side of the park where the playground was. She was supposed to be at school, but there was something about that pond. The water seemed crystal blue, like a tropical ocean.

Walking closer, she studied the pond. Since it was her first time in that park, she didn't know if the pond was man-made or not.  It seemed so magical that she suddenly felt lightheaded. Her vision began blurring and she felt her legs weaken. Falling down on the grass, her eyes slowly closed.

That was the first time he had seen her. Before he can reach over to touch her, he heard his mother shout from afar, "Jinki-ah! You better not touch her!" It wasn't as if he was going to harm her or anything.

They were in their world and he had found her sleeping by the pond near his castle when he was practicing archery.

When his mother realized he wasn't going to listen to her, she marched over and pulled him by the ear. "What did I just say?!" His mother scolded as he yelled in pain.

"But mom, she's really pretty!!"

She let go of him and said, "She's too young for you." Pouting, he quietly said, "She doesn't look too young..." His mother adjusted her dress as she began walking away saying, "If you want her as your bride, you're going to have to wait until she is of age." His face lit up asking her, "Really?? Okay! Remember you said that!" Watching her son run back to continue his archery lesson, his mother turned to the servants and told them to send the girl back to the real world.

Deep in her heart, she assumed he would forget about this strange girl who had appeared out of nowhere. She didn't think he'd take her words so seriously.

As a year passed, his mother would see him near the pond watching, hoping, waiting for the girl. Sometimes, he would even go into the pond to look for her. He brought himself into the real world and waited there in hopes of meeting the girl, but every girl he saw, it wasn't the right one. Wondering outside of the park into the streets, he was approached by a business-looking man.

"Excuse me, but are you interested in singing and dancing??"

Jinki stared at the man for awhile. Then the man handed him a card with numbers and letters on it saying, "Give me a call if you are." Quickly, Jinki asked, "Wait! W-will I meet girls from doing that stuff??" The confused man didn't know how to answer him, but he replied, "Well...I guess you will be able to do that..."

After that, he became a singer along with his fellow friends from his world in search for that girl he had been waiting for to make her his bride.

"Prince Jinki- I mean, Onew-hyung, are you still doing this only to search for that girl?" The lily fairy asked as they stepped off the stage after performing a song. The prince chuckled wiping his sweat away with a towel saying, "Taemin-ah...", he took a breath, "That girl is someone I am still looking for, but....this has become something important to me...hasn't it?" The young fairy nodded his head.

Opening her eyes, she awoke in her dark room. She gasped as she remembered falling asleep nearby the pond and not going to school. Flipping the lights on, she looked to see what she was wearing. It was the same clothes she had worn earlier and it wasn't that nightgown she had dreamed of wearing. She scoffed to herself. Relieved, she said, "It was just a dream..." But the question of her attending school that day or not still stood there, unanswered.

When she made her way to school, she decided not to go through the park again and went around it instead. Her college was a lot further than her high school, but she never minded the long walks.

"Oh, there you are, Aera-ssi!!"

Aera looked up and saw Suhyun running over to her. Suhyun was a few months younger than her. Since Aera didn't want Suhyun to call her "unnie", Suhyun just stuck with calling her Aera-ssi. 

"What is it?" Aera asked.

"Where were you yesterday??" 

"...I....wasn't feeling well..."

Though she had lied, she wondered to herself where she had been. Maybe waking up and going to the park was all just a dream and she had slept the whole day. Nothing seemed to be making sense anymore. It wasn't as if she was on drugs or anything. Something was strange.

"Oh...ok, well, I found a job at a coffee shop at a hotel! I'll be going there after class. Wanna come??" Suhyun insisted, "You need a job too, don't you? If you go, I can help get you one there too." 

Aera agreed and met up with Suhyun after their classes. As they made their way to the hotel Suhyun was talking, she told Aera, "Westin Chosun! It's that nice hotel where well-known celebrities go! You've heard about it, haven't you??" Aera nodded and said, "That's a bit far, isn't it?" They stopped at a bus stop and waited with a few other people. Then Suhyun replied, "Kinda, but that's why we'll be taking the bus there!" 

When they finally arrived to the hotel, Aera felt a little misplaced since the place was so fancy and full of rich business people from all over the world.

"You're Lee Suhyun, right?" A man in an apron around his late 20's asked. 

Suhyun nodded and said with confidence, "This is Yang Aera, my friend. Can you give her a job too??" The man examined Aera up and down and then answered, "...There better be no slacking off." Aera and Suhyun both nodded as he handed them their aprons. "Today, Meri will train you both. Tomorrow, you will be on your own." The two girls looked at eachother and prepared themselves to work. 

"Turn on the blender and let it blend for about ten seconds. If you let it blend too long, the coffee will be too soggy. You got it?" Meri, a small fair-sized girl, asked as she dried her hands with a towel. The girls nodded. Then Meri told them, "Okay, good. Aera-ssi will take the register and Suhyun-ssi will make the drinks."

This wasn't Aera's first job, so she wasn't so nervous about dealing with customers and money. After Meri had went to the back room, Suhyun whispered loud enough for only Aera to hear, "She's a bit bossy, isn't she??" They chuckled as they stood there waiting for a customer.

The man from before walked to the front where they were and told them, "Uhhh, there's going to be some sort of....singers coming here so be on your best behavior. If they come here or something, don't forget to tell them about our buy one get one free until 5pm special. If you mess things up..." Suddenly, they heard screamings and loud footsteps walk in from the entrance. They looked and saw five young boys being led in by a taller man. The man walked over to the front desk while the boys adjusted the straps of their bags. As Aera looked, they seemed to look familiar. One of the boys looked over and caught her staring. Quickly, she looked away and back at her manager. The man, standing next to her, continued, "Anyway, don't mess things up or you'll be terminated." He finally walked away, leaving Suhyun and Aera out in the front by themselves. When she looked back at the boys, she noticed that one boy was still staring over at her. 

"Oh, my god!!"

Aera turned and saw Suhyun covering . Excitedly, Suhyun ran over and stood next to Aera. "That's SHINee!! Hold me, Aera-ssi! Hold me!!" Her friend gripped onto her arm.

At that moment, she finally figured out who that boy was. He was from her dream. Trying to shake that dream out of her mind, she looked back up and saw the boy watching her with careful eyes. Even when they began walking towards the elevator, his eyes were glued onto her, not wanting to leave her sight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you to all subscribers and comments. lol this story hardly gets comments so i'm very thankful~