Less Lonely With You.

Less Lonely With You

There was only one reason why Sungmin was friends with Zhoumi.  Because Zhoumi is a useful friend to have.

When Sungmin decides to cut classes, he would ask Zhoumi beforehand to take down notes for him.  Zhoumi would do it willingly.  When Sungmin forgot his wallet or just low in cash, he would borrow money from Zhoumi who wouldn't ask for his money back if Sungmin forgets to pay back.  When something in Sungmin's house got broken like the T.V. or the aircon, he would call Zhoumi to come over his house to fix it up.  Zhoumi always knew how to fix things and if he can't, he has friends and connections, and Sungmin wouldn't have to pay for it.  Sometimes Sungmin would ask Zhoumi to do his assignments and projects because Zhoumi was intelligent too.  Most of all, Sungmin likes the fact that Zhoumi really never asks anything back from Sungmin.

"You should get something for Zhoumi."  Heechul said while he and Sungmin were shopping.

"Why should I?  I don't like him that way."  Sungmin said while his eyes focused on the shirt that the mannequin was wearing. 

"He did a lot of things for you and you haven't done anything for him."

"That's exactly why I'm friends with him.  He does everything that I tell him to do and doesn't ask for anything back."  Then Sungmin turned his attention to the saleslady.  "Excuse me, miss.  Can you take that shirt off from the mannequin?  I'd like to buy it."

"But you should be starting to feel guilty if you're still human and I don't think that shirt fits you."  Heechul said as he watched the saleslady take off the shirt from the mannequin.

"Who says its for me?"  Sungmin followed the saleslady to the cashier.

"Oh.  You are so totally buying that shirt for Zhoumi."  Heechul smirked as he followed Sungmin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"No."

Sungmin can't believe that Zhoumi actually said that. "Why?"  Sungmin just had to ask.  He even decided to give the shirt after Zhoumi is done with the favor but if Zhoumi won't do the favor, then Sungmin doesn't know what the heck he will do to the shirt.

There was a troubled look on Zhoumi's face before he released an uneasy smile.  "Actually, Heechul told me to stop spoiling you and that I had to say no sometimes."

"Heechul?"  Sungmin could feel his own eyebrow twitch at that name.  "And you decide to listen to him?"

Zhoumi gave out a sigh.  "You know what? Forget what I said earlier.  I'll do you assignment, okay?" 

Sungmin instantly brightened up. "Here!!!" He handed his notebook to Zhoumi and a paper bag.

"What's this?"  Zhoumi asked as he stared at the paper bag.  There's no way that the paper bag is related to the assignment.

"I saw it while shopping yesterday.  I just thought it'll look good on you."  Sungmin said casually before walking away.  Zhoumi thought that the shirt was probably the closest thing he'd ever get to thank you because Sungmin never said those words.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next time that Zhoumi received something from Sungmin was a few months later when Zhoumi was admitted to the hospital.  He didn't expect Sungmin to show up with a basket of fruits and notes from classes.

"I figured you could learn and study from the notes I made then  you can tutor me afterward because you explain better than teachers.  I can never understand teachers."  Sungmin would sit right beside Zhoumi on the bed, peeling and slicing fruits and feeding it to Zhoumi who would be busy reading the notes but opens his mouth when a slice of fruit is offered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Stop bothering Zhoumi!!!"  It was Ryeowook.  He said it before Sungmin could leave the schoolgrounds.

"You're just jealous because he pays attention to me but not to you."  Sungmin retorted because he knows that Ryeowook has a crush on Zhoumi but what he doesn't know is if Zhoumi is purposely ignoring Ryeowook or just totally dense.

"Yes, I'm jealous."  Ryeowook easily admitted. "But I'm also concerned for Zhoumi.  You keep asking him to do favors for you that sometimes he barely has time for himself!!! Although his grades are still high but he's losing a lot of sleep trying to make time for all of you absurd requests as he also tries to study for himself.  Sometimes he goes on a forced diet when you forget to pay him back the money you borrowed.  Now, he's in the hospital but you're not letting him rest at all!!! You still go there to make him tutor you!!! You don't even know how to say thank you!!"

"But he never complains."  Sungmin tried to defend himself.  "And I ask him nicely.  I never force him to do it!!!"

"That's because Zhoumi is too nice and doesn't know how to say no and you're just too cruel for taking advantage of his kindness."  With those last words, Ryeowook walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Am I bother?"  Sungmin asked.

"Not at all.  There's not much to do here in the hospital."  Zhoumi replied.

"I meant generally as a person."

"No."

"But is it true that you're having a hard time juggling between your studies and tutoring me?  Losing some sleep and even dieting?"

"What's this?  Are you finally feeling guilty?"  Zhoumi chuckled. "I tried saying no once, remember?"

"Well, you should have tried harder.  You should have given out some excuses or something.  Why don't you ever complain? And don't say you like me because I know you don't.  At least not that way."  Sungmin doesn't want Zhoumi confessing to him because that would make him all the more guilty.

"My parents are strict when it comes to grades, Sungmin.  They wouldn't want me to waste time hanging out with friends or go out dating or be in a relationship so you're the only person I've come close to being a friend and my parents are starting to like you since you've been bringing notes over here to the hospital and they saw us studying together.  Also, I like being busy.  It makes me forget how lonely I am and if you're around to bother me, it annoys me sometimes but I feel less lonely."

Their conversation was interrupted when Zhoumi's parents entered the room.  Sungmin and Zhoumi instantly went back to pretending as if they were studying.  Underneath the blankets, Sungmin's hand found Zhoumi's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze as if telling him that he's not alone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Zhoumi got out of the hospital, he found himself less lonely because Sungmin was hanging out with him all the time.  Most of the time they are with Heechul and sometimes with other friends.  It makes him sad though whenever he had to decline an offer to a party or to simply go to the mall to hang out.  His parents wouldn't allow him.

So he was surprised when one day specifically Saturday, his parents told him to stop studying and go out with Sungmin.  "We had a talk with you friend, Sungmin.  He said he'll act as your bodyguard and make sure you won't hang out with a bad crowd.  As long as he's with you and as long as you maintain your grades up, we'll allow you to go out.  But still, no dating."  His father explained.

"Okay."  Zhoumi thought he was dreaming until his feet hurts from walking too much around the mall and his arms hurt from carrying both Heechul and Sungmin's shopping bags.  But it was all worth it because when he got home, Sungmin gave him a massage.

Then Zhoumi found out that he actually has a talent for singing when they decided to go karaoke.  He found out that he could actually dance although not that good when they went to the club.  He found out that he has low tolerance with alcohol which is not surprising since he never drank before.  It's a good thing Zhoumi's parents allowd him to stay overnight at Sungmin's house so they didn't know.  But best of all,  Zhoumi managed to keep his grades high while having fun.

"There's only one thing I haven't tried yet."  Zhoumi stated.

"What is it?"  Sungmin asked because it was always him who would let Zhoumi experience a lot of things for the first time.

"Having a boyfriend."

Sungmin blinked.  "Your parents wouldn't allow that."

"I know but you always do something to make them allow me." Zhoumi felt like their roles have reversed because it was Sungmin who has been spoiling him lately.

"I don't think I can convince them with this matter.  Besides, do you even really like someone?"  Sungmin wondered because Zhoumi never really said about liking or having a crush on anyone and he honestly wouldn't want to set up blind dates for Zhoumi.  Not when he was finally growing some feelings for Zhoumi.

"I think they wouldn't mind if my boyfriend is you.  If you don't mind?"  Zhoumi asked.

"I hope your not asking me to be your boyfriend just for the sake of having an experience."  Sungmin frowned and thought that it was probably karma because he had been using Zhoumi in the past and now, maybe Zhoumi knows about Sungmin's feelings and decided to use it to his advantage.

"It's not for the sake of experience.  It's just that when I see you dancing with Kyuhyun in the club or the way you and Eunhyuk share secrets by whispering or how you let Siwon casually pat your , I'm afraid of losing you to do them.  You're the best thing that happened to me." It was a subtle confession of Zhoumi's feelings and admitting that he was jealous.

"Am I really?"  Sungmin couldn't believe what he was hearing because it sounds too good to be true.  "But I'm selfish, ungrateful and..."  His words were cut off by Zhoumi's lips landing softly on his.

"You just have no idea how much you've changed, Sungmin.  You're not selfish or ungrateful anymore... well, at least not as much as before."  Zhoumi laughed as he was shoved lightly by Sungmin.  "But really, will you go out with me?"  His arms reached out to wrapped around Sungmin's waist loosely.

"Yeah, definitely."  Sungmin leaned his head on Zhoumi's chest and he heard just the way Zhoumi's heart was beating in the same way his own heart was.

THE END

A/N:  If you liked this, then check out my Sungmin's Cuteness Series, I have a ZhoumixSungmin chapter over there ^_^  Comments please?