so...?

So...?

there’s a scowl set between his eyebrows when yet another guy turns around and leaves him with a disgusted look on his face. when he sees yixing and jongdae again he’s going to kill them. this has to be the most stupid and annoying dare to ever have been said and done. why did he even agree and go along with it?

 

out of the corner of his eye luhan sees another guy approach him and when he’s close enough to hear, luhan growls. if he wants to deal with another guy that’s going to metaphorically spit in his direction. his foundation is drying and the red lipstick he had applied feels sticky. luhan just wants the night to be over, and never ever speak of it again.

 

scanning the bar for his friends, luhan slumps against the back of the barstool he’s sitting on, yixing and jongdae is having a blast at their usual corner table watching and probably making fun of luhan in his skimpy dress. he plays with the hem of the black babydoll cut dress when someone slides in to lean against the bar beside him.

 

“hello there, y lady. can i buy you a cocktail?” the deep voice startles him when he looks at the soft face. big doe eyes blinking down lazily at him as the tall lean guy smirks slightly. he’s cute, even with his ears sticking out even more with the snapback he’s wearing presses down on them and even if he seems like an egocentric bastard. luhan kind of wishes he could just go home with him.

 

“before you go any further, you should know i’m not female. i’m male. ” luhan stresses the last word with annoyance at having repeated the line over and over throughout the night.

 

“oh” the guy blinks some more at him before turning his head to look out over the bar, but he stays right beside luhan and the silence resting over them is making him nervous. his hand continuously fiddling with his dress and he almost wants to excuse himself to go to the bathroom to fix his make up or just something, when the guy turns to him again. his eyes still blinking owlishly down at luhan.

 

“so... are you trying to tell me you’d rather i buy you a beer?” flustered luhan gapes at the other for a while, trying to process the response and comes up short of anything to do but nod slowly.

 

“cool.” the guy says with a wide enthusiastic smile before turning around to order a beer for the little pretty thing beside him and luhan almost chokes with how embarrassed and flustered he is. if it weren’t for all the foundation and powder his face is covered in he’d be beet red all over.

 

“i’m chanyeol.” the guy introduces himself when he faces luhan again, hand sticking out to greet and slightly dazed luhan grabs it. “luhan.” he answers with a small smile.

 

“so luhan, is there a special reason why you’re dressed as a woman?” chanyeol is smiling good naturedly at him, making luhan unreasonably nervous and in the end he blurts out, “i just felt like it,” trying to look disinterested in the tall guy, but his shy eyes seems to betray him if the quirk of chanyeol’s lips is anything to go by.

 

“i can’t say it doesn’t suit you, you make a very pretty woman.” luhan curses the day he befriended jongdae and yixing when he feels his cheeks heat up and suddenly the room is very, very hot and not even the short length of his dress helps. “thank you, i guess.” he mutters quietly, reaching for the beer the bartender finally came with. quickly, maybe to prove his manliness, luhan downs half of the bottle.

 

“woah, slow down big guy. wouldn’t want you choking on anything. yet.”  luhan does choke at the cheeky smile that follows the last remark. chanyeol doesn’t even look the slightest flustered. “and what would i might be choking on later?”

 

“well if everything goes like i want it to, my .” no sort of remorse or embarrassment or anything shows on chanyeol’s face, only the wide grin he’s been sporting through most of their short conversation. luhan though, luhan sputters in disbelief. “what!?” he asks incredulously, “and what makes you think it’ll go the way you want?”

 

“because you think i’m cute and endearing. also i make a mean hangover brunch.” luhan’s not even remotely drunk and he wants to point that out but opts to instead stare chanyeol down. “and the fact that i’m a guy slipped your mind?”

 

chanyeol lets out a boisterous laugh and luhan quickly scans the surroundings to see if anyone is listening in to their conversation, luckily no one seems to be. yixing and jongdae has even disappeared. “nope, just don’t care. you’re hot and i’m hot, you do the math.”


“are you real life bi-barney?” again chanyeol laughs too loud and his whole face twitches. “nah, i don’t like suits.” at that luhan cracks a smile and well no one says he has to go home with chanyeol, but chatting some more doesn’t hurt.