Chapter 2

Oppa, I Love You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I know it's too fast to update! but i'm still in my holiday! and i have a lot of times to write beside my ideas came to me quickly. hehe. So here we go the chapter 2~

 

It was probably too much. No. She looked fantastic.

 

Looking into the full length mirror in Sulli’s bedroom Krystal couldn’t quite convince her. Krystal had spent more time getting ready that morning than Sulli did, and Sulli was a bridesmaid!

 

Of course Sulli had basically just stepped into the elegant gold shift style bridesmaid dress, clipped a few strategic locks of hair back, and applied a little make up with practiced ease. It took about two minutes for Sulli to look as though she had stepped out of one of her fashion magazines.

 

Krystal on the other hand had subjected herself to over an hour of fidgeting while Sulli tucked, and pinned, and pulled her curls until they looked to be gathered effortlessly away from her face save for a few carefree strands that had escaped.

 

Sulli had also done her make up for her. The finished product, looking back at her from the mirror, was far more dramatic than Krystal had envisioned, but she really did look fantastic. At 5’5” Krystal tended to avoid heels, but she was glad Sulli had insisted on the cute little spiky heels, and anyway Yoong was really tall— definitely six feet.

 

“It isn’t too much. And Yoong oppa is going to flip.” Sulli’s reflection appeared behind her in the mirror. She had always been a little too good at reading Krystal’s expressions.

 

“No. I was just making sure everything was in place.” Krystal denied uselessly as she backed away from the mirror. Further discussion was made blessedly impossible as there was someone knocking on the door.

 

“Are you two ready yet? For crying out loud if we don’t leave now we’ll be late!” Yoong’s exasperated voice sounded from the other side of the door. Sulli was supposed to be early for bridal party photos and Yoong was driving them over so that Sulli could ride with the other girls in the limo after the ceremony. So while they weren’t exactly late they probably did need to leave.

 

“Hold onto your shirt, oppa!” Sulli hollered back as she handed Krystal a beaded purse, and tucked her own clutch under her arm. “We have plenty of time, but let’s go.” Sulli pulled open the door and strolled down the stairs to the front door.

 

Krystal stalled before the doorway. She had never seen Yoong in a suit and tie before. His normal shaggy hair had been trimmed short, and while she loved to watch him habitually brush his hair out of his eyes.

 

This new style made him look … well like an adult. An incredibly hot adult. Krystal took a moment to concentrate on not allowing her tongue to hang out of .

 

Yoong took one look at her and let out a soft whistle.

 

“Krystal Jung… all grown up.” Had he really just whistled at her? What should she say? Why was he staring at her that way? “Are you ready Krys?” Yoong crooked his elbow towards her and Krystal realized that of course—he was waiting for her to move forward.

 

Today was a fairytale, you were the prince
I used to be a damsel in distress
You took me by the hand, and you picked me up at six
Today was a fairytale, today was a fairytale

 

Silently, since she couldn’t trust her voice, Krystal tucked her hand under his arm and allowed herself to be led to the car.

 

At the church Sulli was whisked away for photos leaving Krystal and Yoong with 45 minutes until the ceremony. He looked questioningly down at her feet. “Are those shoes okay for walking? Main Street is only one block that way. I thought we could take a walk and check out the Christmas window displays.”

 

Ridiculously pleased that Yoong had given any thought to spending time with her— even just a walk down Main Street Krystal relied. “The shoes are fine but this wrap isn’t exactly December appropriate.” Krystal pulled the thin wrap closer around her body emphasizing that despite that it was a mild evening there was still quite a chill in the air.

 

Today was a fairytale, I wore a dress
You wore a dark gray t-shirt
You told me I was pretty when I looked like a mess
Today was a fairytale

 

Yoong nodded thoughtfully for half a moment and then wordlessly shrugged out of his wool pea coat and draped it over her shoulders. “Let’s go.” He touched his hand to her back and nudged her towards Main Street.

 

They walked quietly at first. Not touching because Krystal was just about swallowed up in Yoong’s coat, but still they walked side by side close enough for Krystal to smell his cologne.

 

After a few minutes of comfortable silence Yoong said. “So, still thinking about Track and Field in the spring?”

 

“Try outs are right after winter break. I have been running most days at the indoor track at the Y. I like the distance runs the best. I’m working on my mile, but I am practicing sprints too.”

 

“Does Sulli go with you? Or someone else? It would probably help to have a coach with a stopwatch. I know Choi Minho was really into track back when I went to school there.”

 

Choi Minho was a senior, and he was on the track team.

 

It surprised Krystal that Yoong would remember him since he would have been a sophomore when Yoong was a senior.

 

Minho and Krystal had gone out a few times including the homecoming dance a couple months earlier. They had a good time, but had both agreed that they weren’t seriously interested in each other.

 

“I usually go pretty early, and you know Sulli only wakes up early for important things… like sales, oppa. But I have an old stop watch and can time myself and I do okay.”

 

“So Minho doesn’t take you running?”

 

“Umm… no.” Why were they talking about Choi Minho? Talking about Minho was sort of killing the nice pseudo-date buzz Krystal had going a moment ago.

 

Yoong nodded and checked his watch. “We should probably start back if we want good seats.” Yoong slipped one arm around her waist and turned her around to head back towards the church.

 

“Hey Kid! Look up!” A man a coming out of a shop door grinned and pointed up. Sure enough hanging just over their heads from the awning in front of a consignment shop was a sprig of mistletoe.

 

Time slows down whenever you're around
But can you feel this magic in the air?
It must have been the way you kissed me
Fell in love when I saw you standing there


 

The arm that Yoong had innocently rested around her waist the moment before was now heavy and warm as he drew Krystal closely into his chest. Yoong dipped his face down to hers and whispered “Merry Christmas Krys.” against her lips.

 

It must have been the way
Today was a fairytale
It must have been the way
Today was a fairytale
 

Gently, he brushed his mouth against hers and then slowly and tenderly he was moving his lips with hers. As kisses went it was relatively innocent. Not that Krystal had a lot of experience, but there was no insistence, and no tongue. All the same Krystal felt her stomach flip over and all her bones seemed to want to melt away.

 

Long before she was ready for it to end someone let out a loud wolf whistle, and Yoong pulled away. “We better hurry.”

 

Yoong shoved his hands into his pockets and walked quickly half a step ahead of Krystal all the way back to the church. Krystal was left wondering if something had gone wrong. Personally she thought that was just about as perfect as a kiss could get, but again—she hadn’t had a whole lot of experience.

 

***

 

He was being rude he knew. But he walked faster anyway.

 

The sooner they were surrounded by relatives the easier keeping his hands to himself would be. And until then he made fists in his pockets—just in case.

 

This was trouble.

 

Krystal was his baby sister’s best friend, and he could probably be arrested for the thoughts he was having right now. But the way she looked tonight he was having a very difficult time convincing his body that she was only 16.

 

Sure lately he had been thinking that they might be good together, but not for a few more years. Four years wouldn’t seem like such a big difference when they were a little older. She was still a kid for crying out loud.

 

Of course, he had been younger than she when he was doing a hell of a lot more than some mistletoe kissing, but that was really not the point. Did she have any idea how she looked in that dress?

 

She was basically walking sin. It covered much more than any of the swim suits he had seen her wear year after year, and for that matter it covered more than those skimpy pajama shorts he had been tortured with last summer. And yet somehow it was much more… shall we say….. effective.

 

When they reached the steps to the church Yoong slowed down and fell back into step beside Krystal. “Looks like we made it in time”.

 

“With plenty of time to spare too, oppa.” Krystal seemed a little miffed with him. Although he had been very rude most of the walk back here, so he probably deserved it.

 

Krystal lifted the hem of her dress slightly as she climbed the steps. And that scandalous skirt fell open revealing one long perfect leg clear up to her slim, toned thigh. Yoong stifled a groan.

 

They should have had to ask for ID before selling her that dress. It was a wonder she had time to buy a dress at all let alone find one so…. A horrible thought took root in his brain.

 

Her invite to the wedding had been terribly last minute. Maybe she hadn’t had time buy a new dress. Homecoming couldn’t have been more than 8 or so weeks ago. Maybe that was what the dress from.

 

Sulli had been annoyingly vocal about how cute Krystal and Minho looked together at the dance. It was possible Krystal had bought this siren’s dress for Choi Minho. That particular thought came with a punch to his gut.

 

Choi Minho with his sleek black truck and tinted windows. There wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter