Chapter 1

Beautiful Smile

It had been around six hours since he got in the recording cabin, he sighed for the whoknowsalreadyhowmany time and fixed his eyes on the paper on his hand. He accomodated his headphones before a slow melody filled his ears, unconsciously, he started tapping the floor with his feet.  His voice filled the room with a warm feeling, the soft and husky tone was touching and filled with emotions. One could actually feel the pain the man was transmitting through the lyrics and his voice, and more than one tear made his way through the production staff's cheeks. 

The song ended and he smiled for himself, knowing the effect his voice had over people. His smiled grew even more when he heard a voice echoed in the recording cabin.

"That's it Kyuhyun! That's what we were looking for!" his manager sounded very pleased, "That would be all for today, you can take the rest of the day."

Kyuhyun beamed in happiness, he was expecting to get home early today.

"Thank you." he quickly took off his headphones and grab his things, bidding goodbye to the production staff and his manager. 

The drive back home was quite fast, there wasn't a lot of traffic. All the way home, Kyuhyun couldn't stop smiling, he had been waiting for this day. He was originally having the day schedule-free, but his manager called him early in the morning claiming that there was an emergency and they had to record some songs over again. He was mad at the beginning, but there was nothing he could do; he had to go. His manager promised they would finished really fast, so he could calm down.

He was dead tired, it had been a pretty rough week since his last album had just come out two weeks ago and had been attending variety shows, fanmeetings, radio interviews and such and he wanted to rest a while. He convinced his manager to give this day in particular to get it free, and it didn't turned out how it should. But he had something to do and it couldn't wait another day, or week, or month. Who knows when would he get another free day.

He opened his apartment slowly, attempting to be as silent as he could and avoid the door to screech.

I'll give her a surprise. She must be sulking in her room.

He tiptoed all the way through the living room and the end of the little hall that took him to his room, the bathroom and another door. He opened the door enough to see a bulge under the covers and smirked when he saw a little light from behind the bulge. He took a deep breath before the completely opened the door.

"Oh, man. Sooyeonn is already asleep! Guess I won't be able to take her to her favorite place in the world!" he shouted filled with sarcasm. He glanced at the bulge and saw it moving a little bit. "I was hoping I could redeem myself today, since my beautiful daughter is turning 10 and soon I won't be spoiling her so much."

"DADDY!" he smiled wide when he saw her little daughter jumping off the bed and running to hug him "I'm not growing up! You don't have to stop spoiling me!" 

He laughed at his daughter's words, he wasn't meaning it, he could spoiled her until he was in bankrupt. He kneeled down so he could return the hug properly. When he pulled a bit, he saw little tears in the corner of Sooyeon's brown orbs.

"Sweety, I didn't mean it. You know you'll be my baby forever." he took away the tears threating to fall before he pinched her pinky cheeks. He laughed at his daughter's squeak.

"Daddy you meannie!" Kyuhyun grabbed her small hands with his notably bigger ones and swang them side to side while smiling happily. He loved when his little daughter pouted like that.

"Why don't you go get ready, Sooyeon?" he suggested. "It's your bithday, remember? There'a a special presentation today."

Her eyes immediately sparkled with excitement. Sooyeon quickly started digging in her closet looking for something to wear. She could be 9 (actually, 10) but having Kyuhyun as a father awakened her fashion sense at an early age. She had to help his unfashioned father look decent when he went to trips, she didn't accept his father going around the airport with a Minecraft t-shirt, jeans and tennis.

Kyuhyun was lying down on his daughter's bed, his arms covering his eyes as he relaxed a moment before heading out again. He knew Sooyeon would take a little time to get ready since she always tried to look the best and it gave him time to rest his eyes.

It wasn't even five minutes when Kyuhyun drifted to dreamland.

*-*-*-*-*-*

Kyuhyun saw a large crowd gathered in front of the theater that night and hold Seoyoon's little hand. Didn't want her to get lost in the multitude. He accomodated his and Seoyoon's coats and made his way between the paparazzi that knew celebrities would attend the special presentation of The Nutcracker, it was mostly exclusive to high class since the performers were all foreigners and they -sort of- diverted from their way to Japan. It had coincidentially came across Seoyoon's birthday and Kyuhyun knew this was the perfect gift for her.

She loved being his partner in these kind of events, she loved being photographed by paparazzis and being told she looked cute in her dresses. But most of all, she loved walking side-to-side with his beloved father. She could lift her gazed while they were walking the small stairs to the theather entrance and see his father's beautiful and be proud of him. Because he wasn't just a great singer, he was also a protective, caring and cool dad. Everytime he'll have time, they'll play videogames, watch a movie, or try new recipes (since both of them had zero cooking skills). 

"Daddy" she called slightly pulling Kyuhyun's sleeve with her other hand. Kyuhyun looked down with interrogative eyes ans she smiled "You look handsome tonight!"

Kyuhyun smiled at his adorable daughter and leaned enough to kiss her forehead and whispering "But you're the beauty of the night, I can't compete with you darling."

Seoyoon grinned at his father's words, a light blush tinting her cheeks.

They enter the theater and found another crowd of people, but this ones were dressed pretty well. Kyuhyun quickly found some of his colleagues and both walked towards them. Seoyoon runned to hug a certain brown haired one.

"Ryeowook!" the said man hug the little girl, happy to see her.

"Seoyoon! It's been a while since I saw you" he said, looking at her from head to toe "You look gorgeous!"

She swang her dress a little, showing that it was, indeed, a cute dress.

Ryeowook turned to Kyuhyun and gave a reprobatory look at him.

"You're late."

"It hasn't even started, Wookie."

"What if it had started earlier? Seoyoon would have missed it!" Ryeowook was pretty strict when it came to punctuality, something that really annoyed Kyuhyun, but he prefered to ignored it.

"Calm down, Kyuhyun most have fell asleep when he got home." a black haired man intervened, "By the way, happy birthday Seoyoon."

"Thank you, Yesung." 

"Oh right!" Ryeowook took a little box from his pocket and gave it to Seoyoon. "Here, princess."

She grabbed the box and doubt on opening right there, but she knew Ryeowook would want to see her reaction to his gift. So she opened the box and gasped at what she saw there. Inside the box was a silver necklace with a pendant of a ballerina posing. Seoyoon started jumping in excitement, showing her gift to his father.

"It's so pretty, thank you Ryeowook!" a pair of little arms wrapped around Ryeowook's waist, the ladder smiling gently at the little girl.

"Guys, it's starting." Yesung said, looking how people was slowly getting into the auditorium. 

They all made their way into the big auditorium, people whispering echoed the room. Ryeowook and Yesung bid their goodbyes to the family for the meanwhile, since their sits where far away from Kyuhyun and Seoyoon's. Once on their sits, Seoyoon couldn't wait for the music to start, she had been waiting this show ever since she remembers and she was sure she was going to enjoyed it.

The scenery appears. Her eyes sparkling with anticipation and excitement.

*-*-*-*-*-*

"I want to dance just like her." Kyuhyun looked at his daughter, who was walking in front of him. "You think I will?"

"Sure thing, honey. You've gotten the principal roles in the last three perfomances after all."

"But that's nothing dad!" Seoyoon threw her arms in the air dramatically, Kyuhyun giggled.

They were walking back to their car, that was parked a block from the theater. It was dark, but it was a safe district and they were guards not far away from where they were walking by.

"I want to perform in front of a lot of people, like they do. She looks so beautiful and happy." she reasoned, she truly admired ballerinas. 

They had reached the end of the street, the car at the other side, and were waiting for the walking light to turn green. Kyuhyun was staring at his phone, reading a message from Ryeowook reminding him they had a meeting tomorrow for their album collaboration. 

The walking light turned green.

Kyuhyun hadn't given two steps when the screech of tires against the concrete made him fall on his back. His hand trying to reach for Seoyoon's hand that was beside him.

Or so he thought.

The loud thud. The tires screeching. The scream asking for him. It pierced his heart harder than his ears.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So the last part is just UGH, but sorry. Had a pretty ugly week with college and didn't want this to stay unupdated for so long.

It's also short, lol. But the rest of the chapters might as well keep like one too.

Thanks for the suscriptions! It's really encouraging<3 Love you guys!