Drabble?

Angry

"That's not quite-"

 

"Rei, I swear to god, if you say beautiful one more time, I'm going to strangle you."

 

"But the-"

 

"I will hear none of it from a person like you!"

 

If Byakuya Togami's glare could kill, his assigned history project partner would've been dead in the corner for an hour. The young heir wasn't even given the chance to argue, or even bribe, his way out of working with the school's resident retentive, self described, "beauty". After some thought, Togami began to accept his fate, thinking that while the blue haired boy was incredibly smart, he was also exceptionally cute, so an easy A and some eye candy wouldn't be too much of a pain. He was dead wrong. After an hour of nit picking and hushed yelling in the local public library, the last thing Togami wanted was another unnecessary argument. The past ten minutes of silent research was broken when Togami folded the page in his book, causing Rei to almost have a heart attack.

 

"What… did you just do…?" Rei's jaw was dropped as he let his glasses fall from the bridge of his nose.

 

"I bookmarked the page?" Togami quirked his eyebrows.

 

"You've ruined the book though! It isn't a work of art any longer." Rei carefully set his own book down after he had placed a purple striped bookmark between it's pages, a smirk to his lips as he did so. "See? Now you try."

 

Togami fumed with pure rage as delightful images of Rei being slapped into oblivion crossed his mind. "Are you being serious, you lower class filth, who thinks he can tell me what to do?" He harshly grabbed Rei's glasses with a snarl before throwing them into the science fiction section. "I can't take you being a smart any longer! Just shut the up and do your half of the research!"

 

"And you think that just because part of your family's money is sitting in your bank account, you have a higher status than me? Do you know who I am? I am Ryugazaki Rei. I have been the top of all of my classes since middle school, and I am currently a star member of the track team!"

 

A golden haired blonde suddenly appeared, an amused huff escaping Togami at the following encounter. "Hey Rei, have you thought about-"

 

"Not now Nagisa!" The youngest held an angry hand up as he continued the stand off with his project partner. The smaller boy seemed to shrink in his place as he ran off.

 

"I underestimated you," Togami said with a chuckle as he suddenly began to stare intently at his nails.

 

"Wh… What do you mean?"

 

"Well, it'll be a great surprise, I assure you of that. I still think you're an annoying little , but hey, I thought you'd be ugly when you're angry."

 

Now it was Rei's turn to quirk his eyebrows in confusion. "Excuse me?"

 

"What is there to excuse?"

 

"Togami… I don't understand what you mean."

 

"Here, I'll make it simple by using your favorite word," and in that second, the way Togami's eyes stared at Rei from beneath half lidded eyes and a pair of white framed spectacles made Rei's heart skip the slightest beat. "You look beautiful when you're angry."

 

The way Rei fell back in his seat made Togami giggle, something that he'd never admit to doing later on. Letting the younger sit in embarrassment for a moment, Togami left to retrieve the thrown glasses, and he wasn't surprised to return and find Rei's face hidden by a thickly paged text book. Sitting down with the widest grin on his face, Togami returned to his own note taking without a sound. A minute later, he suddenly felt the delicate touch of a finger poke his wrist, and he lazily gazed up to see a hand held out. Togami sighed at knowing that he'd no longer get to keep the red sight seers, however, that state of mind soon jumped from the window.

 

"I think I'll keep them." Togami said in a calm monotone.

 

"You'll what?" Rei peaked out from behind the green hardcover, his face entirely pink.

 

Now what Togami was doing (trying to do) wasn't completely intentional. He'd been raised thinking that if he wanted something, it was his, absolutely no question. He didn't know it at the time, but the tiny, little part of him that secretly wanted the boy with the red glasses in his bed also came up with an incredibly stupid plan.

 

"Your glasses are nice, so I'll take them now. I'm entitled to do stuff like that anyway. Peasants like you don't deserve such pretty things."

 

"If you're trying to make me angry, your chances are at about twenty percent. It's not worth an investment of your time." Just as Togami was about to try something else, the next string of words that left Rei's mouth nearly caused Togami's eyes to pop from their sockets. "Kissing me will give you a more likely chance of getting me angry though."

 

"Did you just…"