-I-

Heart Of Wax

Hi, you! Thanks for your patience :)

Enjoy!


 

Finally I got divorced with the one I spent my life for six months. All of that was planned by our parents. I didn’t like him and he didn’t like me.

Four months living in hell, on my twenty four years of existence I have never felt so ashamed of myself. I’ve been hurt every single day since the wedding, he took advantage of me once when he came back from ‘work’, he used to hit me, to kick me out of ‘our’ home at midnight.

The day I told him I was pregnant, he went furious, I wasn’t surprised, he called me a , a , saying that I cheated on him, that I slept with another man. He didn’t want this baby, I didn’t want him to be the father but unfortunately he is. I’ve never told him that he was the father, I just wanted to stay away from here.

 

After two weeks of the announcement of my pregnancy, to the bastard of Kris, we got divorced.

 

Nearly on my third month of pregnancy I moved from China and went to Vancouver, Canada. Unfortunately, again, there’s where the Wu family enterprise began and the chances to meet someone of his family there, are high.

 

To be surrounded of kids makes me feel good and energised, I can learn a lot of things thanks to these little persons.

 

“Good morning Ming Li, how was your weekend?”, my voice goes an octave higher than usual, it’s weird but it just comes itself, “Good morning teacher Meili, it was really good! We went to the cinema and watched Doraemon!”, she’s third youngest child on my class.

 

“Really?”, I asked her, she had that glint of her eyes telling me that she wanted to say more things, “Yes! And I went with my cousin”, I grinned in response and tapped her head, “That’s really good, go inside and get ready to begin class, okay?”

 

My mother is chinese but my father is canadian, I was born in Spain, moved to Vancouver, then China and I turned here in Vancouver by myself.

 

Clapping my hands I gained the attention of the kids, “Good morning kids, for the first class we are going to stretch our arms and legs so we grow taller and taller and taller, okay?”

 

As the day passed by, it was time to go back home, one by one all the kids were going with their parent or relatives.

 

Walking through the corridors to the staff room, I bumped with the principal, “Miss Wu”, he greeted me, “Meili Rose, Mr. Park, I am not a Wu anymore”, I smiled at him and he awkwardly coughed.

 

“Then Miss Rose, I would like you to rest for the rest of your pregnancy development”, he reasoned and gave a big smile, he’s like the happier man alive, he’s always smiling.

 

“Okay… I will take my rest on wednesday”, he nodded in agreement, “Do you want to have some coffee?”


 

Wednesday arrived, almost all the kids were crying.

 

“You’re leaving because we are bad kids?”, Jacob asked, I shook my head and motioned him to come closer to me, “You all are angels, little angels whom always make me smile and enjoy every single day”

 

“Then why are you leaving teacher Meili?”, Ming asked with a red nose, I looked around me and all of them were looking at me curious and impatient, “I am having a baby and I need to rest to take care of the baby, I will come back, I promise, yes?”, I explained to the kids, some of them were nodding, some were lost and others were still crying, “Before all of you go out with your parent will you all give me a big hug?”

 

In matter of seconds I was surrounded of arms around my legs and waist, “One day you’ll all meet my little girl, okay?”, they all nodded and rubbed their eyes.

 

All the teachers reunited to the the staff room where they gave me a little party for the baby and some presents for her too.

 

The janitor went inside the room and called for me, “Someone is looking for Ming Li”, he said while pointing to his back, “But Ming Li already went with her parents…”, I murmured to myself confused, I stood up and walked to talk with that relative, before, but, I waved my last good bye to my companions.

 

It’s a man, and tall, Ming is tall too for someone of her age.

 

“Hi, I am Meili, Mings teacher”, he turned around and I swear to God that I was going to faint, or throw a chair to the man standing in front of me.

 

“I am Ming’s cousin, Kevin Li”, I sighed in relief, they’re copies, like, same nose, same eyes, same mouth, same shape of head, well Kris’ hair is blond while Kevin’s is dark, “Someone came to look for Ming before”, he cocked an eyebrow.

 

“Oh…Really?”, I nodded, “Sorry for that”

 

He turned his back to me, and then I noticed that I wasn’t breathing. Meli, he’s not Kris, don’t worry…

 

I caressed the little bump forming on my stomach and smiled, “We’ll be happy even if you don’t have someone to call dad”

 

 

4vo6gBag7OBhKTevUNgl8R30pbs4VIdPm7mft88Y

Jis3EDOXVomxrj58f1j5hYfZqAZPoitszIWPsPA3

So, here's the first chapter.

Thanks for waiting!

Do comment, I won't bite!