Dance

Dance

"Our love story was like a dance. I asked you out if I could, and you said 'yes'. We took it slow. I looked at you with pleasing eyes while you smiled at me. I held your waist with my other hand, securing you so you won't fall. I held your hand with my other hand, holding it tight so I could feel you. We laced our fingers together while we sway. It felt wonderful around you. We danced in every way we can, passionately. As time goes by, your grip felt loose. You weren't looking at me anymore, you were looking the other way. I was trying to look at your way but you said it was nothing. I felt something is wrong. The music wasn't romantic it was changing slowly. The music became sad. As I look at you, you would look at the other way. I felt insecure. You were losing everything we did. I was losing you. But, there is this strong feeling and that is my love for you. Which makes me stronger. Even if there are times that you sweat when you talk to me. I still trust you. You keeo hurting me. Every now and then, you would step on my foot. And there is this thing that made me afraid, shock, desperate, hopeless, loveless, surprised, and it even felt like I died. And this thing came true, these emotions were filled in me. It happened within one turn. I turned you around and when I was about to catch you, you were gone. I saw you with another man. You were dancing with him like we never did before. I stood there, alone. Alone in the midst of the crowd. I deadpanned. I was dumbfounded. I tried to hold back my tears but I failed miserably. I tried to look strong as if I expected this to come. I looked at the both of you. You were smiling at him. And as I scanned his face, he wasn't even caring towards you. I said to myself that whenever you are happy then so am I . But what am I feeling now? I'm happy, am I? I am trying to be happy. For you. The music starts to fade away. I took a glance at you and you were crying. He left you. You caught me looking and you put a on a light smile. I frowned and you gave me a questioning look. I sighed then I heard footsteps of your feet coming closer to me. But the music ended and I left you, without saying something. And that was the end of our love story. Goodbye... remember that I waited for you, please remember that you were my first love and my first heartbreak. I should've known from the very start this would happen. I was too blind. Love is blind, I guess so. Find someone else and I'll find mine too."

I read the letter that was once placed on my bed. I smiled with tears streaming down my cheeks. I knew that he was considerate about it, and me. I felt convinced. I lost him; that thing will never be taken back. He is right. After years of waiting, I should find myself someone...

and I'll be dancing again..