Tale of the Aquamarine

Diary of a Wimpy Wife: ExoK Chanyeol edition

Your POV:

 

“Alright class, I've had enough of you Hooligans with your little games!” Ms. Jo screeched. The lady is just about ready to retire if you ask me; in fact, she should have retired years ago! I glanced side ways towards the creepy Yoda across the room.

 

Then again, at least she put a ten meter distance between my beloved Fiance and I. Blehk.

 

“Today, you will all get seating arrangements!” The class groaned, complaints flooding room.

 

“QUIET!” with the slam of her ruler, the noises magically died down. “I will post up the seating arrangement up on the board. If you have any questions or concerns; Please, feel free to shut your mouth”.

 

With a huff, the witch trudged out of the room.

 

Floods of students suddenly surrounded the white board, some murmuring in delight while others wail as they embrace their friend a farewell.

 

I scoffed, leaning back in my seat. Call me careless, but I honestly can not bring my self to give a single damn about who I am seated beside. It's not like I have to communicate with any of the dumb bimbo girls or the immature male toddlers in this hell of a English class. I beg to differ -If everyone would please isolate me and let me remain idle, I would be the happiest girl in the world.

 

Unfortunately, not everyone's willing to sacrifice for my joy.

 

“Hey Mimi, how's your day so far?” Chanyeol grinned as he leaned his head against his right hand, elbow propped up on the desk.

 

I rolled my eyes and forced a smile. “Oh, it was fabulous. Until a certain someone burst my bubble of happiness” I replied staring into his soul.

 

Chanyeol cooed while pinching my cheek, “Aww, who dare upset my Princess Mimi? I'll go beat them up right now!”

 

“No no Channie babe, I don't want to trouble you! I'll just beat them up myse.lf! Infact, why don't I do that right now” I smirked.

 

Before I could even get my hands on Park Yoda, a sudden shriek of despair rang through the atmosphere. Keeping my hold on his neck, I tilt my head in curiosity. Huh, what could Han Sarang be up to now?

 

Han Sarang: The infamous saesang fan of my Fiance. She's been in love with Chanyeol since kindergarden, and since 'ChanMi' was still a thing back then, she naturally grew to hate me. Pulling my hair, pouring a bucket full of water on me, ruining my new dresses: You name it. However I never took any of that to heart, because it wasn't directed towards me as a person. I believed that she only hated my guts for being a 'ship couple' with Chanyeol: That my name could be so gracefully put next to his. The only thing that I can never forgive or forget is that day in March. If any of you wonder why Joo Aein ended up dating Chanyeol, Han Sarang would be your answer. If it wasn't for her, pushing me off of my seat and forcing Aein onto it; If it wasn't for her, sweetmouthing Aein in front of Chanyeol like crazy resulting in that heart breaking kiss; If it wasn't for her, telling Chanyeol lies. Lies regarding the rotten banana in his cabinet, lies regarding his broken pencil... She had blamed it all on me.

 

However, the young Chanyeol laughed all of those off, patting my head while telling me it was okay. I tried telling him it wasn't me, but he just waved it off, claiming that 'It wasn't important anyway'. The blame that really blew it was my lost birthstone -my lost birthstone, which Chanyeol had given to me as a 6th Birthday present, the first present he had ever given me. Since the day I got it, I never dared take it off. Why? Because I was afraid. Afraid that if I ever took it off, I would loose Chanyeol... And so I vowed that for as long as we loved eachother, I would wear the Aquamarine. I vowed and Chanyeol sealed it with a kiss -my first kiss.

 

So that morning when Sarang ripped it off of my neck and ran away, I was too frightened to fight for it -Afraid Chanyeol would see and leave me. I kept my winter jacket on and ignored Chanyeol the entire day at school. Indeed, I did end up finding the necklace. Unfortunately, it was in Chanyeol's hands, tears b his eyes as he bit his bottom lip. In front of him stood Sarang and Aein, Sarang nodding along as Aein spat out blatant lies: 'She never loved you, Oppa! I told her not to but she said she doesn't care about you. Why do you think she ignored you today? I tried to warn her Oppa...'

 

I shook my head as a cried out incoherent words. 'It was a trap! I love you!' I wanted to scream out. But the tears blurred my eyes and the hiccups disabled my ability of speech. Just like that Chanyeol stormed out, dropping the stone onto the ground. I was left all alone, hugging my knees to my chest as I sobbed my eyes out. I should have ended that stupid crush from the moment I saw Chanyeol and Joo Aein lock lips that valentines day. But my stubborn heart would not allow it, and so I was the one to talk to him first, finally saving our friendship. I knew he didn't love me -At least, not the way he loved Aein. But still, I loved him and that's all that mattered -At least, that's what I thought.

 

I remember picking on the birthstone and burying it in my backyard... It was not dug out until 6 years ago when I met my bestfriend Bora. I finally snapped out of unrequited love and decided to put on the necklace once again, but not for the same reason as before. This time, I would put it on and show the world that Park Chanyeol no longer exists in my life, and the meaning of this necklace is long gone. And from that point on, I changed to be the cold, crule Seo Mina.

 

“OH MY FREAKING GOD- Why is it always you?!”

 

I jumped in my seat, as I snapped into reality with a slap across the face by Han Sarang.

 

Before I could even react, Chanyeol did it for me-

 

Looming over the now quivering Sarang, Chanyeol glowered down at her. “Don't you ever touch my fiance. You may have fooled me once, but this time... This time, don't you DARE hurt her...”

 

With a whimper, I was being dragged up my the arm into the embrace of Chanyeol, who picked me up from the ground and out of the class.

 

I could only fight back with what little energy I had left. The painful memories had left a permanent scar... And though the initial injury did not hurt anymore, thinking about it drained me out completely. That was the power Chanyeol had on me... But I will not let him get the chance to hurt me again.

 

Struggling in his arms, he only held on to me tighter.

 

“Let me GO! LET ME-”

 

“You might as well get used to the close proximity if you're going to be my seat partner for the rest of the semester.” Chanyeol grinned widely, for once showing some sincerety.

 

But like I said, I can not let that happen -not over my dead body. “Well, I can't.” and then I let the bomb drop.

 

“Because I have a boyfriend.”

 

 

SO SORRY FOR THE LATE LATE LATEE UPDATEE!! School is killing me TT.TT So how do you like this update? I was so emotional writing this TT.TT why did you have to say that Mina..

 

6+ COMMENTS FOR NEXT UPDATE? (: