EunKyung

Alive

I kept trudging through the snow, looking for something that I didn't know of. The wind kept whipping my hair around my face like a whirlwind, and I felt faint. A sudden gust of wind swept me off of my feet, and I fell onto the snow. Trying to stay concious, I shielded my eyes from the intense flurry. Squinting my eyes, I spotted a figure running through the snow, a boy about my age, who was only wearing a light sweater and jeans, seemingly looking for someone, or something. As he came closer, he began to change, slowly hunching over, his head becoming more angular and sharp, and his arms and legs turning into four legs of a wild animal: a wolf. It or he then spotted me, and started running towards me. Every step it took, the snowstorm slowly died down until it was nothing but a slight winter breeze. It stopped a couple of feet away from me and suddenly began to change again. A full grown wolf slowly began morphing into what seemed like a normal teenage boy. He looked extremely pale and blue, and his once burning eyes seemed to have died from the snow. The boy said something unintelligable, something like a wolf's cry and I strained to process what he had said when suddenly, he collapsed onto the snow. My eyes widened as I scooted over to wake him up. I opened my mouth but no sound came out. I shook the boy but nothing was happening. I began to feel more alive as the boy in my arms slowly became colder and colder. 

 

"AGHHHHH!" I screamed. "What is your problem man! Watch where you fling that ruler!" I yelled to the student next to me as a stray foot long ruler whizzed by my head. He smirked and returned to his phone when the teacher interrupted and told the class the assignment of this week. 

"This assignment is due next Monday by the end of class." she said as she passed around a packet of rubrics and guidelines. "You must work with at least one other person to get full credit. Don't forget! Next Monday!" she completed as the bell rang. 

As I packed up my stuff, the ruler flinging boy asked, "Hey, you wanna work together?" 

Rolling my eyes, I replied "Not after today where you almost decapitated me with your 'amazing ruler catapulting skills.'"

I walked away and he grabbed my arm, saying "Hey, you know it will never happen again right? Besides, I reallllllllllly wanna work with you on this." I wasn't fazed at this approach. I thought He's another one of those grade hungy boys who say they wanna work with me out of pure innocence but actally just end up wanting the credit for the work they had never actually done... But  you know what? If he's that desperate and such, well let me show him what working with me is like...

Sighing, I said, "Rule number one: Don't talk. Rule number two: 3 meter distance minimum and rule number three: Do what I assign you without complaining."

"So yes? YES? YESSSS!!" He said. "I'm Jongin by the way, but you can call me Kai if you want." He stuck out his hand, but I gave him the are you serious? look and he backed away, hands on his head. 

"Meet me at picnic table 13 outside today at 12 o'clock sharp. Bring your lunch if your hungry, and don't be late." I ordered.

"Sure lady, like I'm just gonn-"

"Oops, maybe I chose the wrong partner..." I said, walking away and glancing at Jongin's shocked face, trying to supress a laugh.

"N-n-n-no... Err no I didn't mean that." he said, as I kept walking,"I mean, uhhh... Sure! Yeah! 12 o'clock today! Yep! Yeah I'll see you there!" 

Hehe... welcome to my world, where Park Eunkyung rules solely over people like you!