nine

Withering Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Struggling. She had been trying to keep herself awake for the past 40 minutes. Slap her cheeks, pinch her skin, shake her head; she swore she did all she could to get her eyes opened. To her dismay, her eyelids kept falling; continuously yawning. She would occasionally rest her chin on top of her palm for support but soon it could not carry the weight and lets her chin fall off.  

Class was too boring that she almost fell asleep in the process of reading the book. Never did she took interest in studying the past lives of dead people.

History , she thought.

It took her another 10 minutes to finally get knocked off. Head slightly tilted, rested on the wooden table, eyes shut and saliva about to drool. A tap awakened her. It was supposed to annoy her; nonetheless, she was thankful. If that tap didn't wake her up, her professor's scream would ─ or if she was unlucky, maybe a slap on the arm.

"Quit sleeping on History class," Luhan whispered.

"I tried though." She sighed.

Luhan faced front again. He was sitting in front of Ara. Wonder how he was able to find out she was sleeping?   A week ago, he casually fiddled with his phone. Apparently, the professor was careless about people using their gadgets in class. Sleeping and eating on the other hand, he did not approve.

While fiddling, he would check his inbox, his social media accounts and sometimes open the camera and use it as a mirror. He moved his head left and right, up and down, scrutinizing his facial features. Quite vain actually, he thought about himself. In the midst of checking himself out, his cam caught a glimpse of a person behind his back; which so happened to be Ara.

Yawning, eyes fluttering to close; she probably wished the classroom is her bedroom right now. He knew that she wasn't sleepy because she stayed up late the night before. It was unlike her. He knew she was sleepy because she's bored with the subject ─ or just History to be specific.

After the quick discovery, he would often check on Ara through his phone. This time, he took a picture of them as if they were taking a selca. He smiled; he pouted; he furrowed his eyebrows; he made a duck face; he basically did every single facial expression he knew, while the girl at the back remained clueless of the stolen photos he took.

Some embarrassing shots of Ara filled his gallery. She had derp shots, yawning, and simply an emotionless expression. Appearance didn't matter. Derp or well-taken, he still found her cute.

"Looks like somebody fell aslee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter