Final

Mine.

           Silence. That’s all that can be heard. Both of them are frozen in their spots. He himself cannot believe what he has said, and neither can his love. His love has tears running down his cheeks and he wonders if he’s crying as well. After what had seemed like forever, his love speaks up. It’s quite, and if he wasn’t so attentive at the moment, he would’ve missed it. All he heard was a small whisper of “Okay”.

            Once again he is infuriated. Was his love not going to fight for what they had? Was he not going to try? All these questions are running through his mind, but he doesn’t ask. His face is blank, his love’s is tearful. After what had seemed like forever, he walks down the hall into their shared room.

            As soon as he gets in, he pulls out his suitcase. He needs time to think, to process what just happened. As he’s packing, out of the corner of his eye, he can see his love standing by the door, face no longer tearful but mixed emotion fixed onto his face. He’s done now. He gets up and zips up the suitcase. He remembers to take his wallet and keys. He walks past his love and heads towards the door. Maybe his love was being a bit bold, or the rush of what just happened had gotten to him, but as he leaves the door he hears a whisper of his love telling him “Make sure you take everything that’s yours”.

---------

            Checking into the hotel, it seems to be fairly okay. He’s called into work and has taken a week off to clear his mind. He didn’t go too far from his home, but it was still a fair distance away. He heads up to the room he had rented and slowly approaches. When he enters, he carelessly throws his bag on the floor and falls onto the bed. There he falls asleep crying and thinking back to the past where they were once happy. The thought of what his love was doing invading his dreams at night.

            When morning approaches and the sun is high in the sky, he decides to get up. After taking a shower and washing his face, he looks in the mirror and sees that he’s a mess. Even after the shower he still looks like he had been crying for hours. Dismissing the feeling, he goes out the door and heads down to the streets of Seoul.

            He walks around for a while and finally decides to get some food from the street stands. After getting his food and drinks, he decides to sit down at the park. Every where he looks, everything he does, he is reminded of the times he shared with his love. Here, he wonders if his love is okay and he wonders what his love is up to. After walking around, going to shopping malls and such, he decides to go back to the hotel. The whole day he aimlessly walked around, trying to waste time. He had gone to all these places, but walks into the hotel room empty handed.

----------

            Three days, three days have passed since the incident and he is woken with a sudden jolt of terror. His dream was hard, it was a nightmare. Within his nightmare, his love had died and the last words to his love were that he wanted them to break up. He’s gotten the message that his love was in a terrible state from a mutual friend, but he brushed it off. At this point, he’s calmed himself down and he’s begun to think. Maybe he can make this work, they can both try. He was sure both of them were willing to, so he decides he should take the chance and do something about it.

            Morning is when he decides to do something. He was up all night thinking about what to say and how to come about it, and now he is still blank. Should he just go wing it? He couldn’t come up with anything anyway. After packing his stuff back up and checking out of the hotel, home is where he heads.

            When he approaches the door, he’s a nervous wreck. He doesn’t know how his love will react, but he’s hoping it will be good. Nervously, he slowly knocks on the door, too scared to use the key he has. After what seemed like an eternity, his love opens the door, shock clearly written on his face.  

----------

            They stare at each other.  His mind completely goes blank and his love is still shocked. He doesn’t snap out of it until his love utters that if he wasn’t going to say anything he was going to close the door. Right when the door is about to close he yells “Wait.”

“I know we haven’t been on the best of terms for the last few weeks. I didn’t mean the things I said to you those nights ago. It slipped out and I couldn’t do anything. I left because you said okay. You should have stopped me, but I’m not blaming you. It’s both of our faults and I think we can go back to what we used to be. Just give me another chance, give us another chance. I miss you, and you miss me. We still love each other, so please let’s try again.”

            His love his crying, endless tears running down his face. He senses this as a good sign. That is until his love tells him “no”.

“I don’t think we should. We had a long run, and maybe we’re at the end of the race. Maybe we should move on. It still hurts from what you have said and I don’t think I’m ready for anything at this point. I love you, but I can’t. It’s too complicated and maybe it’s best if we don’t try anymore. Please, just take everything that’s yours and go.”

            He’s flabbergasted. This isn’t the outcome he wants, neither is he going to take this. They were going to try again, whether his love wants it or not. He knows his love wants to, but is stopping himself. As he thinks of what to say, he doesn’t come up with anything, so he simply pulls his love into his arms. His love is shocked, he stands there, not hugging back but not pulling away either. After standing out the door for minutes his love asks him what he is doing. He replies with “You told me to take everything that’s mine, and last time I checked, you’re mine.”

            That’s when it happens. He proud of himself and he couldn’t be happier with the words and actions he chooses. As tears run down both their faces, his loves buries his face into his neck with a cry of his name, “Sehun”.

            And he’s content. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

a/n: done. sequel? maybe? comment if you want one? 

Comment, upvote, and subscribe! Thanks for reading!

add me as a friend.