Chapter One

I Wanna Love?

"Tst tst tst! You're just gonna sit here all alone?"

I looked up at the boy that now stood in front of me. With his arms folded and mouthed twisted into a smirk; he shook his head from side to side. "Me?" I said, "Are you...talking to me?" I had seen this guy before, because we go to school together; but this was the first time we had ever spoke.

"Yeah, I'm talking to you. You're the only person sitting here on this bench. Who else would it be?" He chuckled.

He had a point. However, I was confused. This guy, Lee Chanhee; he is one of cool kids. Even though thousands of students go to our university, everyone worshiped the ground he and his crew walked on...with their stupid expensive, fancy shoes; I must add. Yeah, this guy had some reputation. He was the school pimp. Well, not "pimp" pimp, but he did get a lot of girls. Even my girlfriend would talk to me about his handsomeness. Somehow, in the midst of all that cool, he still managed to be the class clown. I know because we have the same English class and this guy never stops goofing around. It doesn't bother me much, but how does he manage to get all the girls with that goofy personality of his? Hmph, this guy with his eye smile and expensive clothes...standing here his teeth at me.

"Hey, I'm just kidding. Relax." He sat down beside me, "You're...Choi Jonghyun, huh?"

"Yeah," I replied "That's me." I could feel my eyebrows furl. Am I upset? I'm not sure but I know for a fact that I'm uncomfortable. "What do you want?" I said. He repositioned himself to slightly face me. While leaning in close, he whispered, "I need your help. I'm failing English and I need your help." His tone was serious. His face was serious. He was serious.

"You can't be serious..." I said.

"Yeah, I am." He responded with a wide smile. "I heard that you were one of the best in our class. I mean, you're a freshman in a junior class. I don't even know how that's possible but you did it," he chuckled, "You're in the tutoring program, right? I was just wondering if you could help me out a little?" he finished.

I don't like this guy. I have nothing against him, but I just don't like him. He's just too...playful. How will we ever get anything done when he's busy making stupid jokes and showing off his dumb eye smile. But here is my real dilemma: I have to help him. No really, I have to help. I'm in a tutor program and if I don't make my five person quota by the end of the semester, I'll get dismissed from the program. Well, that and the fact that I'm not allowed to reject anyone who asks for tutor sessions. He'll only be the 4th person, but that makes it easier to reach five. Hopefully, it'll be worth it.

Chanhee shifted in his seat and scratched his head lightly. "You don't have to if you really don't want to." He said with a forced, yet deflating, smile. "What? No. I'll do it." I nodded, admittedly quite stern. "Really!" He bounced, "I'm so relieved. By the look on your face, it seems like you hated me!" he laughed.

I blinked. "When do you want to meet?"

"As soon as possible!" He said joyfully. "Maybe even right now? Since we have a test tomorrow." 

Right now? Ugh, this guy is unbelievable. "Do you really want to do it right now?" I asked.

"Well not at this very moment... I forgot to ask you the major part..." he said, "Both my friends and I need tutoring. We tossed a coin to see who would be the one to ask you this favor. Byunghun lost, as usual, but he isn't good with strangers." He rambled, "He's actually quite timid so I volunteered instead and-"

"WAIT. YOU WANT ME TO TUTOR ALL OF YOU?"

"Well, yeah!" Chanhee chuckled. "I know it sounds like a lot but trust me there will be a good reward for you in the end."

A reward? Money. It's going to be money. "I can't take a reward for it." I stated with a sigh, " have to do it for free. It's a policy we have." I couldn't help but to think how much this .

"Oh, really?" He laughed, "Wow, that !" He suddenly stood and motioned me to follow him. "I'm sure we'll figure out how to reward you in a way that won't interfere with that policy of yours. But until then let's meet up with them."

I have no desire to meet these guys. I've seen them around and I can tell they aren't my crowd. They are cool and very well known around this place. Oh, and rich, we can't forget rich. Me, I'm none of that. I'm a bit well...nerdy. I read si-fi magizines and talk to my best friend through a string phone made out of cups. And yet, for some reason I find myself standing and walking right beside him as if we've known each other way longer than these last ten minutes. It bugs me to say it, but no matter how hard I try I can't hate this guy. What is there to hate? He's super ing friendly; way different than the image and rumors. Even right now as he's babbling along about nothing, I'm curious. What are these guys really like?

Eventually we reached an empty hallway, well partitually empty because I could here an uproar coming from the classroom in the back. It has to be them. We continued to walk forward, when I felt myself approaching with caution.

Chanhee laughed, "You don't have to creep around the corner! C'mon! What's wrong with you?" I didn't know what to do so I just nodded and tried my best to relax. I dont think it worked because before I know it I was 'creeping around', as Chanhee would call it. I sighed. Why am I so awkward?

The door suddenly flew open and a head peeked out. "He's here! And he brought that one kid with him!" He shouted behind him.

"Oh, is that umm 'Byunghun'?" I whispered to Chanhee as we walked down hall. "No," he replied "That's Yoo Changhyun."

"Yoo Changhyun?" 

"Yeah, Changhyun is a really good kid. In fact he's a freshman, like you. If you didn't take so many upperclassmen subjects you'd probably know him." Chanhee chuckled, "I'm sure you two will become fast friends nonetheless"

Friends? We have nothing in common and I'm just here because I have to be; and also because I'm curious but that doesn't really count! I have no interest in being friends with any of them as I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Fast friends; like that would ever happen.