Withered

Cactus

Woohyun's Pov

 

I'm moving to another country. I'll miss hyung and her a lot. At last, she still didn't say those three words. I love you, but I have to go. Hyung will take care of you. I bought a pot of cactus for her and leave a note:

Put me in a place where the sun comes in well, and just don't forget about me once a month. Give me just enough water. I might seem heartless because of my cold appearance. I might seem dark because I'm covered with thorns. But don't worry. Because pretty flowers will bloom out of me. On days when your heart is hurt, when tears fall for no reason,remember me. I'll be a small comfort to you.

 

Your Pov

*I let him go without holding him back. I let him go without dropping a tear. I'm letting him go...

Does it hurt because I'm still loving you? At last, you didn't say those three words.*

You lie on the sill and touch the thorn on the cactus,you pull away from the stab, but you slow down and find your psychological pain is torturing you more than the physical pain. You prop yourself up, a tear roll down your cheek and drops down to the cactus. 

I'll try my best to let you go. I'll force myself to stop thinking about you. I'll be strong and carry on.*

 

Sunggyu's Pov

Woohyun is leaving you. My heart broke when I saw you crying for months in front of a little cactus. I embrace you as much as I can. You sob silently in my arms.Hush... Don't cry. You still have me. 

 

A slanting ray shines down on the cactus. A beautiful flower bloomed.

You sit on the swing moving back and forth with your feet. Sunggyu bend down in front of you and cup your face. He press his lips softly on your forehead.  Sunggyu holds your hands and pull you up. It's been two years after Woohyun left. During these two years, Sunggyu cheer you up and tells you stories. He entered your heart little by little. Sunggyu is always by your side. He never left you alone.

 

Woohyun's Pov

Two years. I finally got a chance to come back. I miss you so much. I want you. I need to see her now. I have something to tell her. I drag my lagguage and walk on the familiar streets. I turn into a lane and walk to a door automatically. When I was going to press the door bell. Someone pat my back and I turn around. Hyung is holding her hand. My heart sank. I want to smile at them from the bottom of my heart.But once I see her holding hyung's hand I fake a smile. I ask them" Are you dating?" She answer "Yes" with a delightful smile on her face. My heart skip a couple of beats. Sunggyu rub his nose on hers. They're such a perfect couple...

 

That day you can feel Woohyun peeks at you very often, he looks sad. You turn away quickly everytime when he peeks at you. Sunggyu knew you will be vacillated if you look at Woohyun any more. Sunggyu squeeze your hand and look affectionatly into your eyes. You can tell Sunggyu is worry about you changing your mind in any second, but you slowly get close to his face and push your lips on his, showing him you will not change your mind. Woohyun lower his head and look away.

 

Woohyun's Pov

I'm blessed to have you as my best friend. It's my loss that I haven't said I Love You earlier. The longest distance is when you stand in front of me but I can't have you. It's a kind of happiness to see you being happy. I'll let go of you but you will stay on my mind.

 

Woohyun drag his lagguage and leave the lane. He brush pass a sill where a withered cactus stands.