chapter one

Savior
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter one;
                  reasons why he's perfect

» Letting out an uninterested sigh, his brown orbs stared out of the ice-cracked window as he watched the large snowflakes slowly fall down to the lightly snow-covered ground. He rested his chin on his palm with his elbow on the table. The boy turned his attention away from the window and he twirled his plastic spoon around in his latte, watching the smoke rise up, before taking a gentle sip of the hot liquid. He looked up, watching the couple - who were oddly his friends - be all lovey dovey to themselves while completely ignoring the depressed boy sitting in front of them.

"If they were going to ignore me, why bother inviting me in the first place?" He thought to himself. They kept feeding each other and sharing cute giggles that made the boy want to hurl up his lunch. Letting out a deep sigh, he waited until he finished his drink before laying his money out on the table. The couple finally stopped paying attention to each other and blinked up at the boy as he took his jacket and headed for the cafe exit.

"Wait!" One his friend's called out. "Wait, don't! Come back!" The boy ignored them and continued out of the cafe. Once he was outside, he slipped his jacket on and breathe, looking both ways before he took a random direction.  He rubbed his hands together and took one glance back at the cafe, seeing his friends rush out of the shop before they began looking around. He turned around and quickly popped his hood over his head before turning a corner, disappearing from them. As he walked, he felt his lower lip tremble as tears began to form in his eyes.

"They invited me there to 'make me feel better' when they honestly made me feel worse about myself." He thought and continued to walk, going anywhere his feet took him. "First, it was my aunt commiting suicide a few days ago, then it was a huge and utter crucial break-up when my ex decided to stomp and shred my heart apart. Oh, of course I forgive you for cheating on me when I've been loyal to you the entire 2 yearswe've been together. And you were worried about me being loyal, huh?" The boy suddenly stopped, his eyes slightly widening as he took on his surroundings. He was too into his thoughts to realize where he was walking.

Trees. Nothing but trees. Somehow, some way, this boy ended up walking into a forest.

Turning around, he looked behind him in hopes to see if he could find a way out of the forest. But there was nothing. It was strange, though. He didn't even remember walking into the forest. Was he that into his thoughts to completely forget what he was doing...?

He began to panic a little as he reached up to take his hood down. Looking around, his eyebrows furrowed and he debated whether he should just take out his phone and call his friends. But he honestly didn't want to deal with them.  The boy swallowed thickly and gripped his shirt, feeling the chilly wind blow softly. The loose snow gripping on the surface of the pacted snow began to fly around like dust particles around your feet.

"What...?" He murmured to himself as he continued to look around, feeling his heart begin to race. "Did I...black out or something?" The boy paused, hearing the sound of snow crushing behind him. His heart began to pound faster as the sound got closer to him. Was someone approaching him? The sound suddenly stopped and the boy's eyes widened. Slowly, as if his body had the mind of its own, and faced the figure behind him. His eyes flew open at what he saw. It was human, or so he thought. But it had the figure of one. But it was strange. Whoever, or whatever, it was stood there with a black zip-up hoodie with the hood over the head and a pair of blue jeans with steal toe boots. But the body, the physical body with arms and a face, was something that the boy couldn't see. It was as if someone invisible was standing there, wearing those clothes.

The boy stood there, in both terror and shock, at the thing. His heart had stopped beating and it was as if time had stopped as the thing began to move. Slowly, an invisible hand reached up to push back the hood. The boy let out a fearful gasp and took a step back when a pair of blood red eyes stared intensely at him. His heart kick-started and began to beat wildly in his chest as his eyes widened in pure terror.

"...W-What are you?" The boy murmured. The thing said nothing and simply stared at the other, its gaze hardening by each second that passed by. He noticed that a large butcher's knife began to form in its hand, out of thin air. The boy watched, completely frozen, as he held on to his jacket for some kind of sense of reality.

"What's going on? What is this? Is this a dream? None of this must be real!" He thought to himself. Suddenly, it smiled. No, it wasn't an ordinary smile or grin. It was this dark, sinister smirk that only monsters would wear before they would splatter one's blood on the ground. It smiled, as if it had read the boy's mind. Then it all hit the boy. This is real. The thing standing in front of him is real. The knife it holds is real. What's about to happen - his own death - is real.

"N-No, wait..." The boy said, holding out one hand as he took a step back. The thing continued to grin at him before it slowly began to step closer. The boy had no idea who or what he was dealing with, but he knew that he had to try to escape.

"P-Please...don't! W-What did I do wrong?!" The boy cried out as tears poured down his cheeks. The thing suddenly stopped, the smile disappearing. It watched the tears roll down the boy's cheek in what seemed to be content or curiousity. The boy let out a shaky breathe, watching it watch him. Then, suddenly, the sickening smirk appeared on its face and it launched at him. The boy cried out when it all went silent. Birds near by flew away, as if scared from the scream that left theb oy's lips. A deer nearby perked its head up, his long ears standing up straight in alarm. It stared down at what it had created, grinning more as he stared into the boy's pleading eyes. It watched the crimson blood flow out from the two stab wounds the human took to the chest, - along with the gaping wound on his head from the boy hitting his head on the solid rock when he fell from being jumped on -  staining the pure white snow. It climbed on top of the boy and leaned down close.

"You are living." It whispered. The boy's eyes slowly began to go wide. "That's what you're doing wrong. I'm doing you a favor, can't you see...? Only those in a vulnerable state - such as someone being stuck in a depression - can see me." It chuckled and yanked the knife out of the boy's chest, making him flinch a bit. It traced the tip of the knife along the boy's jawline, chuckling darkly. "And you were one of them. Oddly enough, none of them ever begged me to spare them unlike you did. Although you are surrounded by sadness, you wanted to live." Its gaze hardened. "And I hate living creatures." It raised its knife before it suddenly stopped, raising its head in alarm. Its read eyes widened slightly before giving the human one hard glare. With that done, it got off of the boy before disappearing. Instead of making an effort to more or even to pull out his phone to call 911, the boy laid there in the cold snow that was making his body get colder faster. He could feel the blood draining out of him with each and every passing second.

"Was death as scary as everyone made it seem?" He thought to himself as he laid there on the ground, watching the snow fall. "Can someone actually escape death, or is it just a myth?" He laid there, feeling his heart beat slower in his chest as blood - his own blood - soaked the snow around him. He laid there; relaxed and calm as he bled.

"I'm not scared of death. In fact, I'm comforted at the thought of dying now that I think about it." As h

Please log in to read the full chapter