Moving on...

Moving on
 

[In the park]

 

SCREECHING!!!

 

CRASH!!!

 

I can hear the birds chirping above me.

 

I opened my eyes and immediately covered them with my left hand to block the afternoon sun overheard.

 

My head is still throbbing.

 

I got up and sat upright, looking around the park.

 

It felt so surreal.

 

I craned my neck to look for the object of my desire.

 

Still no sign of him.

 

In the distant, I can hear women screaming.

 

My chest tighten all of a sudden.

 

Then the pressure went away.

 

A wind blew across my face.

 

Ji ~

 

I could almost swear I heard his name.

 

A large crowd seemed to gather around a busy intersection across the park.

 

Where is he?

 

My headache is starting to grow.

 

I felt cold all of a sudden.

 

It's the middle of autumn I supposed.

 

But the unusual rainy weather made the road slippery.

 

I knew this because my own car skidded a few times on the wet road surface.

 

I decided to call him.

 

*You're my heart heart heart heart heartttttttbreaker!!!*

 

XX : Dae-goo-se-yo.

 

SR : Oo-di-yah?

 

XX : Seungri?

 

SR : Yes. It's me.  Where are you?  Are you coming?

 

XX : Me?

 

SR : Yes you.  Are you still coming to meet me in the park?  I am already here hyung!

 

XX : Where are you exactly?

 

I looked around before continuing.

 

SR : Under a big shady tree, sitting on a picnic mat on the far side of the park opposite of the intersection. 

 

XX : What are you wearing?

 

SR : Black skinny jeans with red button front shirt.

 

XX : Red shirt?

 

SR : Yah red shirt.  Actually I don't even remember ever owning a red shirt.  I could almost swore that I wore a white button front shirt when I left the house earlier.

 

XX : Oh I see....

 

SR :  Hyung!  You haven't answered my question!  Are you on the way here?  How much longer do I have to wait?  My head is killing me.  Please get me some aspirin on your way here.

 

XX : Err....okay....just wait for me...don't go wandering around or follow strange men!

 

SR : Strange men?  Hyung!  You are the strangest man I knew! 

 

XX : *chuckles*  You lil imp!  I guess you are right.....Just.....stay put maknae-ah......I am really close by.....just wait for me....please.....

 

SR : Okay hyung.....I promise....you are acting all weird today.....

 

I hang up the phone.

 

The crowd had grown with the addition of an ambulance and police car.

 

A yellow police cordon line was set up.

 

Even paparazzi was seen busy clicking away for their ricebowls.

 

I rubbed my temples to soothe my headache.

 

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder.

 

I turned around.

 

There he was.

 

Looking ever so handsome.

 

Gel up mohawk hairdo.

 

Green hoody with some dark red spots for patterns and paired with black skinny jeans.

 

Accessorized with a black winged adidas hightop sneakers.

 

SR : Hyung! What are you doing here?

 

YB : I came by to see you.

 

SR : Me?  Where is Jiyong hyung?

 

YB hyung did not say another word.

 

Though my headache seemed to have gotten worse by the minute, I noticed that his eyes were turning red.

 

YB hyung was looking at me intently.

 

Almost seemed like he was studying me closely.

 

SR : Hyung...why are you looking at me like that?

YB : Why?  Does it bother you?

 

SR : Not exactly.  It's not like the way Jiyong hyung stares at me.  Now THAT is kinda creepy.  You know?  All those years of staring at me during tv interviews and such.

 

YB gave a soft chuckle in agreement.

 

Jiyong does have such a weird habit when it comes to his maknae.

 

Does?

 

Correction : Did      *YB thought to himself*

 

He reached over and held my right hand

 

Tightly.

 

SR : Hyung....tell me what's wrong?  You are acting really strange right now...

 

YB : Nothings wrong maknae...

 

SR : You are lying!  I can see it in your eyes.  They are turning red.  Oh my god!  Are you crying?

 

YB hyung couldn't hold back his tears any longer and just let them flow freely down his cheeks.

 

He suddenly pulled me into a bear hug like he always does to me in the past.

 

SR : Hyung.....why are you crying?  What's wrong?  Please tell me?  I can't think straight right now....my head is throbbing like mad.....Please tell me...

 

YB hyung released me after a while and wiped away his tears.

 

He looked at me and studied my face as if he was trying to remember every single details.

 

YB : Maknae...

 

SR : Yes hyung....

 

YB felt his heart break whenever he hear his maknae called him 'hyung'.

 

YB : Do you want to hear a story?

 

SR : Story? Hyung!  Tell me why are you crying first?  The story can wait!

 

GD : Shhhhhhhhh.....If you love me as your hyung....listen to my story....

 

I just nod my head in agreement as it felt like it was about to split open.

 

YB hyung started narrating.

 

There once lived a handsome kid from Gwangju who came to Seoul all by himself to become a singer.


He joined a singing competition to try to be the next Shinhwa.


During his short stint on the competition, another handsome kid from Seoul took noticed of him during the competition.

 

His bff, another handsome kid from Uijeongbu, was busy laughing away watching the program after training and that piqued his curiousity.

 

The kid from Seoul thought that the kid from Gwangju was a lazy bum, for sleeping during inappropriate times during the competition.

 

But on the other hand, the kid from Uijeongbu thought the kid from Gwangju was cocky in a adorable way.  He just can't seemed to hate his guts the same way as his bff did.

 

In the end, the kid from Gwangju was cut from the competition.

 

The kid from Seoul was glad that the kid from Gwangju was kicked out while the kid from Uijeongbu was really upset as he can no longer see that cocky kid from Gwangju on tv. 

 

Then as Fate intervened, the kid from Gwangju got accepted into YGe as a trainee.

 

The same company as the kid from Seoul and Uijeongbu.

 

The kid from Seoul was not pleased.

 

In fact he felt the kid from Gwangju did not deserve a place in YGe.

 

He confided in his bff - a kid from Uijeongbu of his misgivings.

 

However, the kid from Uijeongbu was exhilarated.

 

He told his bff to give the kid from Gwangju a chance and that to rejoice that the both of them are no longer maknaes in YGe.

 

The kid from Seoul said not another word.

 

He would scold the kid from Gwangju at every single moments.

 

At every single thing.

 

His words would cut so deep that grown men could cry.

 

But the kid from Gwangju held on.

 

For his dream of being a singer.


He took it all in his stride.

 

And for that the kid from Uijeongbu was grateful.

 

He showered the kid from Gwangju with whispering s sweet nothings, secret jokes, bearhugs, armchokes and eye-smiles that could melt away the ozone layer.


Another round of elimination.

 

The kid from Gwangju got cut.

 

The kid from Uijeongbu was the only one to send off the kid from Gwangju at the bus terminal.

 

His heart were breaking as he wonder when he would ever see the kid from Gwangju again.

 

But Fate stepped in.

 

The kid from Gwangju was given another chance to prove his worthiness.

 

Between him and another trainee.

 

The kid from Gwangju gave the President 5 reasons why he deserve a place in BB.

 

Then he sang.

 

A small smile appeared on the President's face.

 

A small glimmer of hope reignited in the kid from Uijeongbu's heart.

 

However, the kid from Seoul was not very happy.


Because the kid from Gwangju was chosen.

 

And his favourite dongsaeng was dropped.

 

Three months had passed.

 

The kid from Seoul had not spoken a word to the kid from Gwangju.

 

One fine day Baby Cupid decided to work overtime.

 

The kid from Uijeongbu was busy working out in the gym alone with Master Hwang.

 

The kid from Gwangju was instructed to not work out yet in order to maintain his cute maknae appearance.

 

The kid from Gwangju was left alone in the dorm with the kid from Seoul.

 

The kid from  Gwangju was nervous about being left alone in the dorm with the kid from Seoul, without his favourite hyung.

 

The kid from Uijeongbu told him to try getting along with the kid from Seoul before he left for the gym.

 

The kid from Gwangju sat down to watch Goong and soon started laughing prettily alone.

 

The kid from Seoul heard his laughter from his bedroom and came out to shut him up.

 

But when he discovered that the kid from Gwangju laughing away watching Goong, his cold heart started to thaw.

 

The kid from Gwangju asked the kid from Seoul to join him in watching Goong and made space in the couch.

 

The kid from Seoul accepted the kid from Gwangju's offer and sat beside him, watching Goong.

 

From that moment onwards, GRi or Nyongtory was born.

 

And Bae-Ri was dying.

 

During the kid from Seoul's birthday, the kid from Gwangju had secretly made a birthday song out of one of their songs.

 

The kid from Seoul was really happy that day.

 

No one has ever dedicated a song for him before.

 

Much less wrote a song for him.

 

He was always writing for others.

 

And he wanted his efforts to be reciprocated in return.

 

He wore a special smile that only came out whenever he thought of the kid from Gwangju.

 

Seeing it all, the kid from Uijeongbu could only hold it all in while maintaining his trademark eye-smiles.


In spite of gay rumours.

 

In spite of fanservice rumours.

 

In spite of any rumours of group disbanding.

 

In spite of any rumours of bad blood between the kid from Seoul and the kid from Gwangju.

 

The kid from Seoul always kept that special smile, only for the kid from Gwangju.

 

While the kid from Uijeongbu could only pretend to be a er.

 

The kid from Seoul made the kid from Gwangju, a solo song.

 

Even though it was supposed to be a 2NE1's song.

 

Took care of him the best way he can.

 

Via sms.

 

During the kid from Gwangju's debut solo mini album promotions.

 

Constantly promoting the kid from Gwangju's debut solo mini album at every interviews he been to.

 

Then one fine day...

 

The kid from Seoul wanted to spend time with the kid from Gwangju.

 

Just the two of them.

 

Because now, it was legal for same couple to get married.

 

Even if it's in New York.

 

Told his bff of his intention.

 

Even dragged him to pick out the ring.

 

With a Tiffany box safely in his jean pocket, the kid from Seoul had made plans to meet the kid from Gwangju at a park.

 

The kid from Seoul decided to walk to the park.

 

Then he spotted the object of his desire driving up to him.

 

Forgetting that he was about to cross a busy intersection, the kid from Seoul waved at the oncoming car.

 

The kid from Gwangju saw the kid from Seoul smiling and waving from afar.

 

Suddenly, his car had skidded on the wet road and jumped the kerb at the same time.

 

As a result, it hit the kid from Seoul.

 

The impact of the hit caused the kid from Seoul to be flung a few hundred metres away and landed in the middle of the busy intersection.

 

The kid from Gwangju came out of his car and ran up to the badly injured body of the kid from Seoul.

 

He picked him up and tried to revive him with CPR.

 

He called out his name many times hoping the kid from Seoul will be called back from entering the light.

 

He brushed away the kid from Seoul's bloodied hair from his temple.

 

He hugged the limp body of the kid from Seoul, whose white shirt had been soaked red in his own blood.

 

The kid from Seoul did not make it.

 

The kid from Gwangju did not accept it.

 

Three years had passed.

 

The kid from Gwangju still could not accept it.

 

He kept having headaches and nightmares.

 

The kid from Uijeongbu stayed by his side all this time.

 

Then came a phonecall.

 

The kid from Uijeongbu picked up cellphone.

 

It had belonged to the kid from Seoul.

 

The DEAD kid from Seoul.

 

He had kept the line going.

 

All because of the caller on the other side of the line.

 

Caller ID : My Maknae Seungri ~

 

The kid from Gwangju had called him up.

 

Asking him for his whereabouts.

 

And how much longer he will take to arrive at the park as promised.

 

The kid from Uijeongbu went to the meeting point.

 

Then he saw the kid from Gwangju sitting upright, under a big shady tree, waiting for his arrival.

 

No.

 

Not his arrival.

 

The kid from Gwangju was still waiting for the arrival of the kid from Seoul.

 

He sat beside the kid from Gwangju.

 

Held his hand tightly.

 

Failed to hold back his own tears.

 

And started to narrate a story about a kid from Gwangju who entered a competition to become the next Shinhwa.........

 

By the time YB hyung had finished his story, his eyes were red and teary.

 

His body was shaking uncontrollably.

 

My headache had subsided.

 

In fact, it is now gone.

 

The pressure in my chest had been uplifted.

 

The world seemed clearer.

 

I finally understood.

 

I reached over to caress YB hyung's face.

 

I cupped his face in my hands and planted a gentle kiss on his cheek.

 

It felt warm.

 

Delicate.

 

And sweet.

 

I could feel his soft, warm breath in my face as he exhale through his nose.

 

Our hearts touched but never mangled.

 

Only with my Jiyong hyung.

 

I could almost hear his beating heart.

 

It seemed like an eternity.

 

But if this was eternity, I was glad to be spending it with YB hyung.

 

When I could finally release myself from YB hyung, tears had already stained my cheeks.

 

Now it's my turn to take in every single square inch of YB hyung's face.

 

In spite of his messed up mohawked hairdo.

 

In spite of his red, teary eyesmiles.

 

In spite of all of him.

 

I still love him all the same.

 

Then two figures in white came up to us.

 

I knew they had came to take me back.

 

As I got up to my feet and allow myself to be taken away, I turned to take one last look at my first love, with the ring secured tightly on my ring finger and mouthed the following words.

 

Thank you hyung.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

[A few months later]

 

Lee Seunghyun!

 

A nurse had called out my name.

 

I approached the counter.

 

Here your meds.  Now swallow it all up.

 

I looked at the colourful pills in my hand.

 

From the corner of my eyes to my right, stood a big burly man in white.

 

His arms in akimbo had meant business as he motioned to me with his chin to swallow it all up like a good boy or else...

 

The story of my life.

 

___

 

A/N: Original ending.