“Date? You and me? Yes, yes, yes. Okay.”

Thinking in boxes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Enjoy and read the note at the end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

„Seriously I don´t know why you just won´t talk to him.”

Yoseob was starring his friend dead in the eyes, while talking.

They were seated outside the school building, a big brick stone one that screamed for a renovation, on one of the walls that gave the two of them a nice view of nothing but the parking lot.

The wall was quite low, not so much that they could touch the ground with their feet even if they tried, but low enough for them to get up on it even with their unathletic bodies and too tight for climbing jeans.

Junhyung had taken more than a few minutes and a lot more than three tries to even get up there, where the tinier Yoseob had been seated after his very first try, but he had made it and was now looking over the multiple parked cars, his eyes fixing on one in specific over and over again.

He averted his eyes though, for a mere two seconds, as Yoseob talked to him just to let them wander off to the black, expensive looking car, with more than one jock sitting on the hood of it.

“It´s not as easy as that.”

Junhyung was fumbling with the rips in his pants, pulling some of the little threads that held one side to the other until they ripped.

“I mean I would love to speak to him, but I bet he does not even know I exist. Or even better, he does know that I exist, but only knows me as the weird kid wearing punk rock clothes. So I´ll say it again, I can´t just go over there and talk to him, not with all his jock friends over there by his side, not while he is popular and a jock and not while I am nothing but an excessively dressing, intimidating guy.”

He hopped of the wall, red backpack slung over his shoulder, shiny doc martens hitting the concrete.

Getting up that wall had always been a difficult task in itself, but getting down was easy, getting down was the easier part for everyone he had thought, but he quickly learned that he was wrong when he hit the dirty ground.

Yoseob was lying flush against his back and his own face snugly against the concrete and something was definitely bleeding.

“Oh god, I am so sorry I lost balance, let me help you up.”

The heavy weight, how could someone as petite as Yoseob be that heavy, was lifted away and he was pulled on his wobbly legs faster than he preferred.

“Uhm, you might want to go to the school nurse with that, it looks kind of nasty.” Yoseob pointed out, his finger poking extremely sensitive skin.

Junhyung nodded as he carefully turned around and made his way over to one of the numerous cars, it was a dashing red one, to look at the damage his friend had done.

His cheekbone was maltreated, little drops of blood seeping out here and there, while his chin was basically turned into a gory piece of flesh, almost all of the skin scraped off.

Some of his purple dyed hair was not so purple anymore as the red liquid made it darker than it was.

His nose had surprisingly survived the accident without taking further damage than a little scrape and because of that still worked rather well as he inhaled the disgusting metallic scent from all that blood.

“Okay, you have been starring at your reflection for a while now, sure that I didn´t hurt anything important? Let me take you to the nurse, come on.”

He was lead away, Yoseob having a tight grip on his biceps, while stumbling over his own feet every now and then.

 

*

 

“Is it true that you fought against Heechul?” Dongwoon asked.

He was a really annoying kid, almost a year younger than him, that nonetheless had made it in his class because he was extremely smart, but if he was honest Junhyung hadn´t seen him be smart ever.

“Heechul who?”

“You know the Kim Heechul, that tough kid with tomato red hair. The one that dates the football player Kangin, or what’s his name.”

“I didn´t, I did not punch anyone. It just turned out that Yoseob is not as light as he looks.”

 

*

 

He walked quickly and then turned left speeding down the hallway.

Just yesterday he had only been the weird kid with an unexplainable fashion style and lilac hair, but now he was a bully and supposedly also in a gang, beating up other people.

If only Yoseob hadn´t lost balance.

If only the other didn´t look like a soft marshmallow, but then be heavy as a monster truck.

He was deep in thought as he hit something while walking, bouncing back  a few steps after colliding, only then did he look up.

Dear good lord, the thing he had walked into was huge, that guy was packed with muscles over and over again and was toppling over him by almost a head and a half, being the definition of the Korean hulk.

Rather big brown eyes were looking down at him, teddy bear eyes that not fit with the rest of the picture, and he cowered away a bit.

With big guys like these, Junhyung had learned that bowing and simply saying sorry was the only right thing to do, especially if he did not know them and how they would react.

So that was what he did, he bowed and excused himself.

Teddy bear eyed hulk, opened his eyes up wider.

That was a typical reaction Junhyung got now and then, because whenever he acted liked the well behaved nice and humble human being he was, no one was expecting it and ergo everybody was shocked.

“Oh god Kangin, I think you shocked him man.”  Choi Minho, jock extraordinaire and boyfriend of fashionista Kim Kibum said.

“I don´t think you can shock a guy like him.” A second voice bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter