Finale

Winter Love: Take Two!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few reminders before you read: Enjoy; Laugh (but it's optional); and lastly, Do not ever try to flip Sehun or throw any of the characters to the moon after you read this piece of crappy work.  Happy Valentine's Day.  Love y'all ♥! ♪♫ OST ♪♫

 

 

Falling in love wasn’t a part of her plan when Krystal moved to Seoul from Busan to attend university.  She wanted to graduate fast and work immediately.  But it was inevitable.  One school day, she met the person who ruined her priority list—that one guy who taught her heart to do backflips and somersaults.

From being a ‘nobody’ or a member of the braniacs, she leveled up to the fan girl group.  At first, she thought it was mere curiosity to find out his identity.  That was what geeks are like, right?  Always curious until they reach the Eureka!-part, the end.  But she was a different case.  She wasn’t contented in knowing that he is Oh Sehun, a jock, a varsity player.  There’s more about him that she wanted to discover.  She would’ve find out if she had the courage to talk to him, but no, she considered him unreachable.  She chose to stay away and admire him from afar.

She became a little bit obsessed of him but Sulli supported her in all of her delusions.  She reads her fiction works and spazzes with her whenever they watch the basketball team practice.  But never had she experienced attending their official games.  She didn’t have the luxury to spend money because she was also saving up for her vacation in her hometown.  Sulli told her to sacrifice it since this will be their last match in the season.  Their cheers are important for the team.  When she was finally convinced, that was when the tickets were sold out, unfortunately.

“Aish!  Can’t they release more tickets?” she jolted up from her chair suddenly.

Sulli giggled beside her.

Krystal looked around. 

How could she forget that she’s in class?

“This isn’t the right time to be thinking about the championship game, Miss Jung.  You are too excited.  Remember that you’re still in my class.  Pay attention,” said her terror professor.

She was embarrassed.  And her humiliation seemed to be the happiness of the people at the back.  They were laughing at her.  She threw them a deadly look only to realize it was Sehun’s group she was glaring at.  He even smirked at her. 

Her cheeks grew warm instantly.  Gosh!  Krystal, you’re a total turn off.  She covered her face with her hands and sunk down on her sit.  She made a mental note not to daze out in school again.

 

 

Sulli quickly followed Krystal who ran to the exit fast.  She noticed the number of students who watched her friend pass by in the corridor.  A smile formed on her lips as she caught up with her.  “You know what, ‘Stal, you’re a head turner.”

“What are you talking about?” her bows were pulled together to the center.

“I am saying that you’re pretty yourself.”

“I am not.”

Sulli sighed.  “You just don’t see your worth.  You’re too insecure and delusional.”

“Am I going to say it again, Jinri?  He is out of my league…”

“He won’t be if you’ll approach him.  What if he feels the same way—”

“Na-uh.  I think that’s not gonna happen.”  She had no chance.  There's a zero possibility that a popular jock like him would take an interest on her.  She looked so plain while he is extremely gorgeous with his clean-cut hairstyle.

“There!  That’s your problem.  You think and not feel.  You look, not see,” stated Sulli in a matter-of-fact tone.  “Try to grow some confidence, Girl.  Come on.  Let’s go to the gym and watch their last practice.  My Chanyeol needs me there.  Kai, too.”

Krystal shook her head abruptly, her face becoming red.  She had enough for today.  She can’t afford to shame herself further.  It’d be best if she goes back to their dorm and study until Sunday.  Today’s Friday; tomorrow will be Saturday, the day of the game.  Maybe, she’ll just sleep the whole day tomorrow.

 

 

12nn, Saturday

Krystal didn’t wake up until Sulli barged into her room and pushed her to the bathroom even if she’s still hugging her teddy bear.  After 15 minutes, she dragged her out of her room before she could get her jacket.  It wasn’t that cold outside since spring is about to end.  But she only wore a black racerback shirt and blue jeans.  That simple.

Her footsteps slowed down as reality descended in her mind.  She didn’t like where they’re headed to.  “Jinri, where did you get the tickets?”  Her heart was ready to go on overdrive.

“From someone you don’t need to know.  Kaja!”

Her jaw dropped as they walked to the VIP section.  On the front seat right behind the bench of their school’s basketball team.  H-how on earth?!

“Park Chanyeol, Hwaiting!” Sulli screamed beside her.  Geez.  She even brought a banner.  It sure caught the attention of the team.  Chanyeol grinned and gave her thumbs up.  Sulli blew a flying kiss next.  Gross.  They’re giving Krystal goose bumps.  Or was it just the arena’s ac that made her shiver?  She hugged herself, then.

Her eyes went back to the guys and she caught Sehun staring at her.  Her?  She turned around and found no one behind her.  Holy !  Is he really looking at me?  Her heart skipped a beat.  Her gaze returned to him who’s laughing now—at her.  She felt like melting and was entranced by his cheerful state.

“Krystal-ssi?” someone called from the back, stopping her from watching Sehun.

“Yeah?” she looked at Kyungsoo, a reserve player of their team.  "I was asked to give this to you.  He handed her a varsity jacket with a note that says:

 

BUSAN GIRL, WEAR THAT JACKET.

 

 

–OSH

 

OSH, who?  She examined it and found the big mark on the back.  Pink rose to the tips of her ears like steam.  She glanced at Sehun’s direction but his back was facing her since Coach Kang was giving them final instructions.  was agape as she stared at his blue jersey, then she looked at the jacket.

 

SEHUN

  94

 

Same print?  Holy of all holy.  .  It suddenly became hot.  She almost hyperventilated.

“Yieee,” Sulli teased and ribbed her.

“Shut up!” she replied as she put on the jacket, with shaky fingers.  Her blush didn’t disappear.  Is it possible to have it permanent?  Why did Sehun give it to her?  It smelt so good; she’s like tickled pink wearing it.  Her eyes averted to him again.  There was a tiny smile in his lips—as if he was suppressing it.

Minutes later, the game finally started.  Kris the Captainball, Chanyeol, Tao, Kai and Sehun were on the court playing.  Krystal couldn’t stay still; she wanted to cheer like Sulli.  But it would be embarrassing.  She isn’t like her.  The game was getting more intense and Sehun kept looking in her direction, expectantly.  But Krystal is simply dumb and couldn’t get his sign.

“Stand up, ‘Stal!  It’s the last quarter already.  At least show your support to your crush.  He gave the VIP tickets, FYI—”

But the scream of the crowd drown out her last statement.  Not to mention the three cheerleaders behind them, shouting out loud and dancing like Rukawa’s fangirls in Slamdunk.  Oh, Se, and Hun were printed on each of their shirts.  Really absurd.

Krystal told her to look behind them.  “See?  It’ll be useless,” she shrugged. “And it’s their job.”

“You’re unbelievable!” Sulli glowered at her before getting back to her business (cheering), when suddenly... 

“Damn!  That’s foul!”

Krystal gasped and stood up when she saw Sehun crouching on the floor.  “What happened?”

“That brat purposely hit him when he was about to do a layup,” she pointed at the guy in the green jersey #13.

Kai helped Sehun get up.  Krystal became worried that she shouted on instinct, “SEHUN, ARE YOU OKAY?”  It was as if a megaphone existed on .  Not only Sehun looked at her, almost everyone did.  His cheerleaders quieted too.  The whole arena did.

She froze.  W-what did I just do?  Some were giving her meaningful smiles.  For what?

“I’M OKAY!” Sehun replied, stunning her.  There was a grin on his face that lasted until the end of the game.

“SM won!  They won, Krystal!” Sulli shook her out of happiness and dragged her without warning—to the court where their team is celebrating.  She let go of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter