The Assistant

The Assistant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay everyone hurry up we need to get this done as soon as possible.” Our director said rushing around the studio.

I looked at the set and saw that things were not how they were supposed to be. Geez do these people not know how to make a set at all? I sighed and fixed everything that needed to be done and then the director came up behind me. “RAE!!!!” he shouted and I jumped and turned around. “This looks wonderful!! But hurry up you need to go and help Lay!” he said and pushed me over to where Lay was. I gulped and nodded. I saw Lay standing towards the corner of the room watching all of us running around like chickens without their heads.

“Uhhh Lay?” I asked and he looked at me. “Please follow me we need to get you changed for the photo shoot.” He nodded and I led the way for me. I bit my lip trying to keep myself calm. Lay has always been such a sweetheart to work with. This was our fourth time working with EXO M for a photo shoot. I think you can say I fell head over heels for him the moment I saw him. He was just so pure looking and he had the sweetest smile that I have ever seen. Not to mention those dimples. I have never understood my love for dimples, but I loved his and I just wanted to poke them all day long. I chuckled slightly as I was thinking about poking them.

“What’s so funny?” I heard a voice ask and I turned around and I saw Lay leaning into me slightly.

“O-Oh nothing, I was just thinking about everyone running around is all.” I stated and he nodded.

“It seems like things were not going as planned today.” We walked into his dressing room and I nodded.

“Yes we were behind today. I apologize for all of the chaos.” I looked for his first outfit and the accessories.

“There is no need to apologize. It is quite funny to be honest.” He lightly chuckled.

I looked over at him and smiled. “Yeah it is funny, but not when the director barks orders.” I sighed.

“Is it hard working for him?”

I thought for a second but shook my head no. “He gets upset when things are not perfect, so I try to make things calmer, but making sure that they are perfect for him. It’s great to work for one of your best friends. You know exactly what they want.”

“How long have you guys been friends?”

“We have been friends for 12 years.” I handed him his outfit. “Now enough with the questions, go and change or else I will lose my job.” I winked and he just stared at me and blinked his eyes then turned around. Great job, now he thinks you’re weird. Since when did you start winking? I scolded myself and set his other outfits out so that he can just change and be out to hair and makeup easily.

It was around ten minutes later when Lay finally came out and I had to say that he looked adorable. I went and put on his accessories and I was fixing his shirt when I noticed he was staring down at me. I looked up slightly and caught his eyes land on mine and I cleared my throat. “There we go you look awesome!” I cheered and then opened the door. “Shall we get you to hair and makeup?”

He nodded and soon he was getting his hair, makeup and final touches ready for his turn at the photo shoot. I was standing behind with a video camera since our company likes to put a compilation video together and it was my job to get cute shots of the guys goofing around. I gulped when I saw Lay staring so cutely at the camera. I shook my head and tried to concentrate. I then went over and got a shot of Luhan and Xiumin eating and it was the cutest thing ever. I was laughing and then Luhan gave me some food as well and I was chatting with them when I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped.

“Oh Lay, do they need you in your next outfit?” I asked and he nodded. “Please excuse me guys.” I bowed my head and left the other two and walked off with Lay to make sure he got into his next outfit properly. “How was your first session?”

“Fine.”

I nodded and decided to keep quiet just in case I make a fool out of myself even more. I handed him his next outfit and sat down waiting for him and looking at the video footage. EXO M was a pleasure to work with. They were all so polite and they seemed to have such a pureness and brightness about them. I wonder if it was because they were rookies and they were trying to prove to everyone that they were able to handle life as an idol.

I could never see myself as an idol. They are always worrying about my image, making sure that I do not say or do anything that would upset not just one person, but a whole community of people. I give all the credit in the world to idols. I feel bad for them at times though. I would hate to not be able to go out of my house and take a stroll down my street or to the mall whenever I wanted. Having fans outside my door sometimes seems a tad unappealing. I sighed lightly and I heard Lay clear his throat. I looked up and made sure that he looked proper and we were off to get his hair touched up.

I went back to filming the guys and Luhan was staring into the camera and looked like a creeper. I started laughing and showed him. “You look creepy to be honest.” I tried to hold back my laugher.

“Creepy good or creepy bad?” he questioned worried.

“Creepy good! I am sure that your fans will die from that stare of yours.” I reassured him.

“Would you die from it?” he asked and I stopped giggling.

“I am still standing aren’t I?” I smirked.

“Ah that you are, but what if I use my stare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter