Chapter 3: My Turn to Cry

Miracles in December

“No it’s my turn to cry

I’ll be the one to
Collect your ears
It’s my turn to cry

Leave it to me this time
This time It’s my turn to cry”

 

BaekYeol

Chanyeol cried himself to sleep every night after the incident. He was regretting everything. He had hoped in his heart that when he found Baekhyun, he would apologize and slowly earn Baek’s love back. He was still in love with Byun Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol was a zombie every morning. His heart wasn’t in his shoots. He was literally a zombie cyborg. Wake-up. Eat. Work. Eat. Work. Cry. Sleep. He did not leave the house. Not even to buy himself a proper Christmas dinner. Sehun who worked there during Mondays and Thursdays noticed but could do nothing but make Chanyeol food.

 

Chanyeol noticed Sehun’s concern and smiled at his worker. Making small talk. Asking if Sehun was alright.

 

“I will be soon.” was the only answer he got. Chanyeol knew about Luhan. Sehun worked for him because he wanted to help pay Luhan’s hospital bills. But Luhan had asked Chanyeol to do something else with the money and Chanyeol followed because he knew Xiumin, who was Luhan’s bestfriend and Chanyeol’s number one client.

 

It was Christmas eve. And Chanyeol wasn’t doing anything when his phone rang.  Unknown number.

 

Let them hear I am the Best then, Chanyeol thought. But alas, curiosity got the best of him.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Chanyeol answered. Chanyeol heard a sharp intake of breath and a pause.

 

“Chanyeol…” Chanyeol heard a voice he hadn’t heard for a long time.

 

It was Baekhyun. Chanyeol’s eyes began tearing up.

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

KaiSoo

 

“I’m sorry hyung.” Jongin said still crying.

 

Kyungsoo’s heart was breaking. Slowly and then all at once. He couldn’t believe his ears. Jongin had a boyfriend? Since when?

 

“I was going to tell you hyung.” Jongin said. “He was a nurse at the hospital.”

 

Kyungsoo slowly looked at Jongin.

 

There were times that Kyungsoo was glad Jongin was laughing and that his spirits were mostly up. Kyungsoo thought it was the gifts.

 

“Hyung.” Jongin would say.

 

“What now.” Kyungsoo would reply.

 

“Nothing.” And then Jongin would giggle. He was almost like a girl when she was…

 

…in love. Kyungsoo put two and two together.

 

“Hyung.” Jongin reapeated. “I’m sorry. You are like a bestfriend and a brother to me.”

 

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin, he was sure the tears would come soon.

 

“I…” Kyungsoo started.

 

“Sorry Hyung…” Jongin answered. “And I didn’t mean to kiss you back. I was taken by surprise. Please hyung. I’m sorry.”

 

“I…” Kyungsoo finally had the voice to speak. He looked at Jongin. And he wiped away Jongin’s tears.

 

“Crybaby.” Kyungsoo whispered. “It’s okay. Why are you crying? It was my fault for making myself believe ok? My fault. Not yours. I believed I was the one making you happy, when in fact….”

 

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, he was concerned for his brother, his bestfriend.

 

“But you also did make me happy hyung! Believe me.” Jongin begged. “Please.” tears started streaming out of Jongin’s eyes again.

 

“Ujimma. Kim Jongin-ah, I really think this time, It’s my turn to cry.”

 

With that, Kyungsoo stood up, Jongin desperately tried to but seeing as how he was handicapped, he couldn’t even stand up properly.

 

“Goodbye Kim Jongin. I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo said and finally the tears rolled down his cheeks and he ran.

 

He ran away from Kim Jongin. The only guy who made him feel…. in love.

 

HunHan

 

In a kitchen somewhere, Sehun lay on the floor crying. In his hand was note that was once posted on the fridge.

 

“Eat well Sehunnie! Don’t forget that being healthy is still important!”

 

He was in an apartment, which was apparently his. This was Luhan’s Christmas gift.

 

All around the apartment were notes, post its, pictures and even a memory card here and there with reminders, messages and learnings all from Luhan.

 

“I’ll find a way to be back Sehunnie, don’t worry.” Luhan told Sehun. “Like snow, although it reappears every year, it’s not the same snow that was once last year’s snow.”

 

“Lulu hyung you bastard.” Sehun balled his hands into fists.

 

“Saranghaeyo hyung! I love you! I LOVE YOU!” Sehun shouted to no one in particular.