▌O1. ▌ Summer Plans.

사랑의 하늘 ( sky of love )

It was the start of another day, just the time when the high school students were on their way to school. The sky was slowly turning blue and the clouds were slowly strolling in. The sun was starting to brightening everything in it’s path. You could immediately tell it was going to be a beautiful day today, the perfect day to go out on a picnic.

As Song Yuri was making her way to school, she tilted her head up for a perfect view of the sky. She suddenly had a feeling of peace and tranquil, something that couldn’t be found anywhere else to her except in the sky. She took out her phone and pressed the camera option, hoping to capture the sight she was seeing, and keep it forever.

But as they say, nothing lasts forever.

▬▬

“You have got to be kidding me, Hyunmi, you? In love?” Sungjin scoffed. Everyone agreed, it was pretty unbelievable that the daredevil of the friends was in love.

It was before classes started. The girls were sitting at the table in the library that had the best view of the sky. Although everyone’s personalities may differ, they had one thing in common: their love for the sky.

“I’m not kidding! Look, I even applied makeup. I’m that serious.” Kim Hyunmi pouted. Unlike her friends, she was still a so-called child. She was short, still had her baby teeth, and hasn’t grown curves yet. “I believe I’m a woman now.”

“Just because your wearing makeup doesn’t make you a woman. Look at you! You don’t even have s yet.” Minki pointed out, causing laughter among the friends.

Hyunmi whined. “Yah! I may not be a woman now, but later on when I really grow up, all the guys in this school will regret not asking me out! I’ll be the hot stuff that every guy is chasing for!” She exclaimed, her fists up in the air.

Juliyah just patted Hyunmi on the shoulder. “I’m sure you’ll be very beautiful, Hyunmi-ah. But that’s not the point right now! School ends in a week, and then summer vacation comes. What are we going to do?” Juliyah placed her elbows on the table, just thinking about how lonely she’ll be during the summer without her friends.

“It’ll be fine!” Yuri comforted her. “I’m sure we’ll all keep in touch-”

“BUT!” Sungjin interrupted. “The most important thing is, will we all have boyfriends?” Sungjin let out a ‘hehehe’ laugh, wiggling her finger around.

Yuri’s mood suddenly went down. Just the thought of having a boyfriend freaked her out - she wasn’t up for any kind of thrill in her life at the moment. “I’m not really interested in having a boyfriend right now.”
“Yah! Yuri-ah!” Juliyah exclaimed. “What do you mean ‘not interested right now’? Next year is going to be our last year before we head off to college!” Juliyah never understood why Yuri never enjoyed the thrills

“Juliyah, you’re just saying that because you already HAVE boyfriend.” Sungjin sighed. She was always somewhat jealous of Juliyah’s relationship with Yunho, but it never affected their friendship. I mean, it was not like Sungjin liked Yunho, it was just their relationship she envied.

“Nu uh,” Juliyah retorted, supporting the ‘Yuri-Needs-to-Experience-Thrill’ side. “Yuri, when’s the last time you’ve ever felt thrill? Or even had some fun in your life?”

“Well,” Yuri thought. Honestly, it was a hard question to answer. She followed the rules all the time - never daring to break any of them. “I guess it was the time we all went to Lotte World and rode that roller coaster. It gave me a thrill, and I had a lot of fun!” She smiled innocently.

Juliyah sighed, and face palmed herself. “Not that kind of thrill, and besides, have you ever had fun with someone other than us? Maybe like, a boy?”

Minki suddenly remembered something. “Oh yeah! I always see that one Yookwon kid staring at you in class. Maybe he likes you?” Minki nudged Yuri, but she brushed it off.

“Maybe it’s because I always have something on my face. I don’t think he likes me.” Yuri looked down at her hands, her face burning up. Just the thought of a boy liking her made her heart skip a beat. She’s never had a boyfriend before, or even had a guy like her.

Sungjin nodded. “My brother is friend’s with him, and he’s always telling me how Yookwon talks about you a lot.”

“It’s meant to be!” Hyunmi shouted, earning a ‘shush’ from the librarian. The group of friends just giggled to each other.

“We should totally set up a date!” Hyunmi exclaimed quietly. “I think it would be cute. Yuri on her first date!”

Every agreed, except for Yuri, who was slowly getting more and more distance from this conversation.

“Oh yeah, Hyunmi?” Sungjin asked.

“Nae?”

“Who IS the guy you’re supposedly in love with, huh?” She teased, poking her sides.

Just at the thought of him, Hyunmi blushed and giggled to herself. The sight of him gave her butterflies in her stomach. She didn’t knew what love felt like, but she was pretty sure this was it.

“Yeah, before classes start, we should see who this hunk is.” Juliyah teased.

“He’s not just any hunk,” Hyunmi said, getting up. “He’s going to be MY hunk.”

Hyunmi lead her group of friends to class 2-D, which was labeled as the ’Badass Class’ due to the many delinquents that are in there. The students in there are hard to control, and only deserves the strictest teacher. The friends didn’t know why she would like anyone from that class.

“Yah, Hyunmi-ah, why are we even here?” Minki sighed. “You know all the boys in there are just players. Don’t waste your time on them.”

“Let’s just give her a chance, Minki.” Yuri smiled softly. “Which one is the lucky guy?”

Hyunmi pointed at a guy. He had brown hair, cut into an odd style that you wouldn’t see students wear - only idols. Just the way he sat in a chair you could tell he was a rebel. “There, that guy. Ha Minwoo.”

All her friends were quiet while Hyunmi was secretly fangirling inside. They couldn’t believe her, she has got to be kidding. He was one of the most popular and baddest guy in the school. He was often in trouble for beating up guys who just LOOK at him, and Hyunmi was in love with that? You couldn’t image how her confession was going to be.

“You’re kidding.” Juliyah said, not even a question.

“Look at his piercing!” Yuri exclaimed. She didn’t want her friend to be caught up in a guy like him.

“Well, isn’t he perfect?” Minki said in a sarcastic tone.

“Hyunmi, are you serious? Do you know how dangerous it is to be with a guy like him?” Sungjin angrily spat out.

“I’m serious! Ever since he walked by me that one day, I’ve fallen in love. It’s called love at first sight, have you ever experienced it? I think not!” Hyunmi argued.

From all the yelling outside of the door, Minwoo could easily tell that they were talking about him. He got up from his seat, and the whole class turned quiet for two reasons: 1) they were scared that something was going to happen, or 2) they wanted to see what was going to happen.

He stepped in between the girls and their conversation, quickly shutting each other up. Minwoo took out his phone, looking like he was going to talk to Hyunmi.

“Minki-ah, let’s trade numbers, okay?” He said, giving a charismatic stare to her.

Hyunmi gasped, quickly escaping from this embarrassing scene.

“Wait!” “Hyunmi-ah!” Juliyah, Yuri, and Sungjin chased after her, leaving Minki alone with Minwoo.

Minki was in shock, quickly giving him an excuse. “I have a boyfriend, sorry.” Before quickly running off to go find Hyunmi.

▬▬

It was high noon - lunch time for the girls in class 2-C. Today was the last day of school, summer finding it’s right time to appear. It’s been about a week since the incident, and no one has talked about. Even though Minki feels bad about what happened, she didn’t have the guts to apologized until now, the last day.

“Hyunmi-ah, I’m sorry about what happened last week.” Minki apologized, bowing her head in shame.

“Huh?” Hyunmi stuffed a few chips in before replying. “Oh, that. It’s fine! I’m not mad at you. I never was. I just -” She sighed. “I just really liked him, and I was upset at the time, and I totally forgot that you have Taemin.”

Minki comforted Hyunmi. “It’s okay, I understand.” They gave each other a smile.

“So, now that the tension is gone, we need to make summer plans!” Juliyah exclaimed, taking out her notebook. “Although not all of us have boyfriends, let’s make it the best summer of our lives, okay?” She smiled softly.

“Okay, first, I want to go to Lotte World again.” Yuri smiled.

“Yeah! And we need to go to the beach, Sungjin totally needs a tan.”

“Hey!”

And for the rest of lunch, they had made their summer plans, hoping that this summer would be the best of their lives, but they have no clue that it was going to be the worst.