01:00 (BAP Zelo & Youngjae)

Wee Hour

I opened my eyes. It felt natural like how I usually wake up in the morning. But it's not. Something seemed wrong when I looked at the darkness around me. It's not morning yet. I reached my phone on the table beside my bed.

 

01:00

 

So I woke up after only two hours of sleep. Great.

 

I rolled on my stomach and closed my eyes, tried to fall back to sleep. It's not working. Sighing in annoyance I decided to get up and wore my oversized jumper over my sleepingwear that time, tank top and sweatpants.

 

I opened my room door slowly, conscious that every little sound can be heard hundred times clearer in the middle of night like this time. Tried to move as quiet as I can, I walked to the kitchen. Maybe a warm milk can help me back to sleep.

 

I was waiting my big cup of milk when I heard someone was walking to the kitchen too. I turned around and saw Zelo walked toward my direction while rubbing his sleepy eyes. He stopped and yawned widely before looking at me and blinked several times to clear his vision.

 

“Hyung?”

 

I smiled “Hey, what are you doing here and not in your bed? It's still midnight” I whispered at him.

 

“I could ask the same question” he whispered back. “I'm about to get a glass of water, it's hot in my room” he blinked.”What about you?”

 

“Warming a cup of milk. Can't sleep” We heard a soft “ting” and I pulled the cup with my warm milk out of the microwave.

 

He nodded and goes to get a glass of chilled water for himself. Without thinking I told him about my plan.

 

“Wanna go out to get some fresh air?”

 

He looked at me for some moment then nodded. It's always easy to get the maknae as our company for everything. I never heard him protests about dragged here and there by us. So, we walked out of the dorm quietly and went to the building's rooftop. There was a small garden with some benches up there. Zelo was about to sit on a bench but I kept walking to the wall. He followed me then stood beside me.

 

“Is there something bothering you, hyung?” he looked at me with concern.

 

Zelo might be the youngest of the group. He might be the baby of our fans. He might be too young to work hard like how he did these time. But he was a wise boy in his age. We never heard him really whined about anything, instead, he will gave some ideas and solutions that really helped to solve problems. He also a good listener. That's why Yongguk hyung and Jongup like to hang around with him. He is a great friend.

 

I smiled at him “How's school, Junhong-ah?”

He blinked while thinking about his answer “It's okay...my teachers are kind enough to give me extra works so I can catch on what I missed. The homework are okay too, I finished almost all of them, only need to write some essays and solve some more math problems” he grinned.

 

I nodded “You work hard this semester” He nodded happily “Mhmm...I want to graduate in time”

 

I smiled. He always has dreams to catch on, goals to reach and plans to do. I learned from him about keep going and finish our work no matter how hard the circumstances are.

 

“What about your classmates?”

 

He shrugged up his shoulders “I havent really talk to them this semester” He took a sip of his water “You know, with all of our Japan debut, new album and other schedule, I haven't really attend school”

 

I felt bad for him about this. He was just a boy. A student. But then, the path of being a boyband group took all of his time and life to be on the stages, in front of the camera, in front of the fans. That demanded him to be always happy, hyper and energetic like how everybody know Zelo.

 

He caught the sympathy in my eyes and grinned widely “Come on hyung, you sacrificed your time to be here too. I was just in the middle of the process you were taking before. If hyung can be fine, so do I”

 

I nodded.

 

Choi Junhong was grown up. He was not the little (well, not so little) boy anymore. But he is Zelo, BAP's respective rapper. A man with many dreams.

 

I looked down at the sleeping town. Lost in my own world. Thinking about hard times we have been getting through together as a team. Thinking about the good times we spent together with our fans, staffs, friends and the proud times of getting acknowledge as a group. I never regret my decision of being one of BAP member.

 

Zelo shivered “Hyung, it's getting colder. Let's go inside now”

 

I looked at him and smiled “You can go in first. I want to be here a little longer”

 

He nodded “Don't be too long or you'll catch a cold. Goodnight Youngjae hyung”

 

I smiled at him “Night, Jello”

 

He walked back to our dorm. I looked up at the night view above me.

 

We are not at the start point anymore nor getting close to the end point. We are still in the middle of the process. To be someone that great enough to influence people to be better and also learning to be a better person at the same time. I know the journey is still long. And I know, in bad or good time, we can face them together as a team. And together with our fans who raise us into someone we are now, we can reach any dream we have.

 

I looked down at the sleeping city view above me.

 

For now, the main task for a Yoo Youngjae is being someone better. Someone who appreciate his fans by making better music and grow up as a better singer so he can influence people around him and his fans to be someone better in their life too.

 

I nodded at my own thought. I finished my milk and walked back to my room.

 

Sometimes, a bizarre moment like waking up at one in the morning can bring a nice inspiration to myself. Or you. Or us.

 

I smiled at myself before snuggling under my blanket and back to sleep.


 

First chapter of the story >.< I know this is such a bizzare story ; ;

Enjoy the story and have a nice day ^^