Chapter one

The life of Kim JongIn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter one;

 

 

Vanilla scent

 

► AOA 짧은 치마 (Miniskirt)

 

Fast paced pop music filled every molecule of the room, students stood by the sides watching fervently with excitement and anticipation at the figure swaying with the music in the spotlight. She swayed impeccably with the rhythm, popped confidently with every beat, turned and tumbled across the length of the room with great elegance and poise. Her face displayed the confidence of a thousand marching soldiers ,and her soulful expression and emotions was painted colorfully all over her moves - she had become one with the music. Her sleek and precise moves had captivated and mesmerized every single soul in the dance studio; they could not take their eyes off her for a single second- it was as if she had casted a spell on them and they were spellbound. The music ended and the female finished with an unmarred baby freeze move, earning a standing ovation from her audience with a few of her fan boys cooing and wolf-whistling at the charisma and iness she had displayed and of course, a few of her jealous classmates jeering and throwing contemptuous glances at her. She looked into the mirror , into the direction of her jealous classmates and smirked before grabbing her towel off the bench at the side of the room and drowning the whole bottle of water down.

 

She was in the limelight

She was Han So Ah.

The impeccable and sassy dancer that everyone in the campus knew.

 

" Oh My God! So Ah, you're so good!" Jaemi shrieked in her La-Di-Da voice, plonking herself beside the female. " I'll never be like you." So Ah glanced at the female, rolling her eyes. " Do I need you to tell me that?" She replied in a matter-of-fact tone, removing her cap; her wavy ombre auburn hair fell messily over her shoulders- till mid back, giving rise to her y appearance that sent the male's heart fluttering. So Ah ran a hand through her hair , glancing at the clock;  she stood up and walked to the other side of the studio and removed her ipod from the docker. " I'm going to shower, remember, I don't like to wait." She marked before exiting the dance studio to the lockers for her shower, not forgetting to wave and wink at some of her fan boys on her way out.

So Ah undressed herself and stood under the warm shower, the water hit against her skin comfortably- she felt safe here. So Ah lathered some strawberry flavored soap on her body and begun scrubbing herself, she washed off the soap and stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her body.

" What are you starring at?" She spat venomously at her junior who was watching her intently.

"N-Nothing..." she stammered, gnawing on her lower lip. So Ah rolled her eyes and brushed pass her, not forgetting to brush pass her shoulders in the process. Such a waste of time. So Ah opened her locker and slipped on her clothes that displayed the boldness , iness and confidence she had- A pair of ripped denim skinny jeans, emphasizing her long and slender legs, and a crop shirt that showed her perfectly sculptured abs, topped with a denim-wash baseball jacket and a pair of high-cut sneakers. She sat by the dressing table and dried her hair; tying it in a ponytail before she begun applying her make-up. She painted her lips in a shade of apricot red, concealing her poor complexion amalgamated by her lack of sleep with some powder and drew her eyeliner perfectly; she took out her bottle of body mist from her bag and sprayed it twice before throwing it back into her bag. When So Ah was done, she grabbed her bag and left the dressing room.

 

" So Ah!" Jaemi greeted her jubilantly with a bright smile, clinging onto her arm. So Ah exhaled heavily, raising her eyebrow at the contact. Jaemi gave a sheepish smile as she slowly redrawn her arm, mouthing an apology- she had momentarily forgotten that her friend didn't particularly enjoy skin ship. " Let's grab Starbucks together!" 

" There's too much calories in there." came her curt reply

" It won't kill to have a cup So Ah."

So Ah groaned inwardly. " It has too many calories... I've just danced Jaemi."

" Come on." her friend pleaded . " I'll treat you to it, I've heard that they had a new Barista down at the new Starbuck outside school and he's cute." She added, revealing her real motive. The glint in Jaemi's eyes was glistering so brightly that it almost blinded So Ah , she hated it when her friend showed such anticipation and interest- she couldn't bare to reject her. 

" Fine."

 

≈≈≈

 

" Do you think he's hot? Do you think he's cute? Do you think he'll be like Shinee's Taemin?" Jaemi asked repeatedly with excitement b in her tone. So Ah just nodded at every question her friend asked, she was getting rather irritated with her; she had been asking all sorts of question pondering over the appearance of the new barista throughout the entire journey there. " Do you think-"

That snapped So Ah into half in an instant, she had reached her boiling point with her friend's persistent thoughts of the boy, which she had voiced out loud instead of keeping it in her mind. " Would you just shut up for a moment Park Jaemi?!" So Ah snapped, butting into her friend's speech. " It's just irritating as okay?"

Jaemi pursed her lips together and pretended to zip them, giving her friend the ' okay' sign. So Ah rolled her eyes and jammed her hands into her pocket " Just keep walking." The silence of the equanimous evening was disrupted by the upbeat chorus of TVXQ latest song- Mirotic.Jaemi looked at her friend curiously as So Ah fished out her phone from her back pocket and glanced at the screen.

Troll.

So Ah smirked and swiped across the screen, placing the phone to her ear. " What's up?"

" Hey, where did you two go? I thought we agreed to meet at six outside the dance studio?"

" Maybe..."

" Ya!  Where are you guys?"

" Somewhere on this blue planet." So Ah replied back sarcastically, biting back the smile that was threatening to form. The caller scoffed into the line- he was getting impatient and So Ah was enjoying his reaction.

" No, no , no you guys are in mars..."

So Ah let out an amused chuckle at his reaction, she sure was enjoying every bit of it. " If you say so." She replied with a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders.

" Ya! Hurry tell me! "

He was getting impatient; So Ah paused for a moment, allowing silence to fill the line; allowing the drama that follows thereafter to grow. "Hmmm..." she hummed. " Let me see... " She paused purposely for a few seconds  "We're somewhere in the Tropic of Capricorn, 37'33 North and  126' 58 East." Her tone playful. " We're in Seoul, Korea."

An annoyed grunt could be heard from the other side and So Ah chuckled as the image of her angry friend painted her mind; Jaemi just stood by the side, watching the scene with amusement. 

"  What the hell Han So Ah?! I'm hanging up..."

Beep... Beep... Beep...

So Ah burst into laughter as the familiar dial tone filled the background. 

 

To: Troll

We're at the Starbucks outside school you fool, Jaemi said that there was this "hot" new barista that she wanted to check out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter