Butterfly Lovers

Butterfly Lovers
The thundering of footsteps of the angry mob became louder as it approaches. Two figures huddled together in the furthest corner of the run down hut.

"They are close.." whispered the smaller figure as he shook in fear.

The other one wrapped his arms tighter around him and whispered "I..know.. " Tears welled up their eyes as they met.

Chocolate brown and hazelnut.

"I don't want...to leave you.." sniffed the smaller guy. "Me too.. Do you trust me..? " said the other guy. The smaller guy nodded.

The other guy reached into his knapsack and took out two small vials.

The smaller guy paled as he realized what those was. Then he gave a small smile.

"I guess this would be the only way then.. "

The other guy embraced the smaller guy once more and said painfully "I am sorry this turns out like this.. If you are not willing... -"

The smaller guy pushed the other guy off and looked onto those hazelnut eyes.
"I am not going anywhere without you."

The other guy smiled sadly and said "Perhaps we could only find peace in Our next life.."

The smaller guy rested his head on his shoulders and took a vial from his hand.

"In our next life, let us love peacefully.. " he whispered softly as he uncapped his vial.

The other guy mirrored his move and said "And I shall not be Lee Hyukjae, The magistrate's son.. and you shall not be Lee Donghae, our main cook's son.."

Then he placed a short but loving kiss on to Donghae's lips.

"I love you forever and ever.. " he whispered.

"I love you forever and ever too.. " Donghae replied.

"In our next life .. Let's not be of the same gender too.. so we can be together without being hated and hunted by people who thinks that we are freaks.. " Said Hyukjae as he lift the vial up to his lips.

Donghae sniffed and smiled while raising his up as well.

"See you in our next life .. my love "

The both of them drank the poison from the vials.

The door burst opened as they fell into darkness.

And the last words they heard were "Here they are!"



*******

The villagers scowl in disgust as they saw the two guys in tight embrace.

As they moved forward to pull them apart, a sudden bright light separated the bodies and them.

When the light dimmed, the bodies were gone and two blue beautiful butterflies flew above their heads .

The villagers watched in shock as the two butterflies chased one another playfully out of the hut into the open .

They are finally free at last.



"I love you Donghae ah.. "
"I love you too Hyukjae.. "



*****End*****