her dream

The Little Red Riding Hood and The 12 Wolves

As the wolf that seemed to be the leader of the wolves said so, every villager’s eyes landed on her,Park Jiyeon, who was standing dumbfoundedly.

            “Oh,! Run, Park Jiyeon,Run!” IU screamed from the place she was standing now.

            “I’m doomed!” Jiyeon snarled as the wolf fixed his eyes on her. Then as what have IU instructed, she ran like there’s now tomorrow although her mind was still in cloud as she had no idea about the witch the wolf was talking about. Her priority now was her life, she had to ignore her curiousity.

            Spotting the girl everyone looking at, the wolves were chasing after her in flash speed. And the chaos began again. Women and children were running out for their lives while the men and hunters were attacking the on fire wolves using all of their might.

            The longer, the faster her pace and the clearer  the sight of wolves chasing her in her eyes.  Her face looked really scared as if thousands of ghost were chasing her. Running was a piece of cake for her as she was born with special ability of running fast but, hell, it was wolves her rival now.

            As the sight of the wolves was less and less and gone, the villagers looked dissapointed. They let out their heavy sigh,some were panicked, especially for the man she left, Nam Woohyun. But it wasnt Nam Woohyun if he gave up that easily. Unlike the others who have give up chasing after the wolves, Woohyun fastened his pace and tried to track the wolves and Park Jiyeon. But yeah, he was a mere mortal who doesnt have any special ability. He only depended on his eyes in tracking them.

            “Dammit! I lost her.” He cursed under his heavied breath as the shadows of his target dissapeared.

_______

            Running was only her one and only option right now. She turned her neck back and saw the approaching wolves behind her. She cursed under her breath as she felt her feet were weakening.

            “Hell, they’re too fast!” she said in her panting, wiped her litres of sweat.

            All of sudden, a wolf was ahead her, chuckling victorously.

            “Hold it right there, girl. There’s no escape for you now” soon, he changed his wolf figure into human figure made her widened her eyes. It was completely turned into human form the difference was the eyes.When he was in the form of wolf, he had yellow eyes.When he was in the human form, it turned black.

            Stopped from running, she looked back and saw the three wolves that were chasing her past minutes ago also changed theirselves to human figure.

            Jiyeon’s POV

            Good fate. Now I was surrounded by four wolves.

            “Your running was indeed fast for a little girl, miss.” a voice came from the guy behind me. I can hardly saw his face as it was night and our only source of light was the moonlight that penetetrated through the leaves of big threes.

            “Thanks, Should I show you again how fast I was running? If it was not because this hamster’s face werewolf that stopped me, I could show you the faster one.” I blurted out,trying to softened the tensed atmoshper. The man in front of me frowned, looked displeased.

            “Nice speech and I didnt looked like hamster, okay?” he squinted his eyes which I knew they were already small yet he made it smaller.

            “Calm down, Sunggyu-hyung. Now, should we just take her to our hideout?” another guy talked,as he was stepping closer I could see a glimpse of his face. This one was cuter to be honest.First was like hamster and second was like squirrel. It just amazed me how these werewolves could be this cute. Werewolf I knew from storybook and story my grandma told was scary,not these cute and handsome.Okay, Im not in the situation to think about this.

            My eyes flickered in nervousness as this cute guy stepped his feet closer to my unprotected body. Let’s say I was nervous either because of my life that was threatened and his cuteness. Again, Park Jiyeon! You’re not in the situation to say thing like this.

            I closed my eyes with my feet stepped back as the guy cute guy still continue closering his body to mine.

            “Yah! What do you want from me?” I shouted, stopped the guy’s steps. He was taken aback at how loud I shouted. Actually I did it in purpose as I sensed human from mile away coming closer. It must be Woohyun. Now all I need to do is to hold these freakingly handsome wolves to stay still. I must find any logical sentence to hold them in this place.

            “My flesh isnt delicious and I-I-I’m not that pretty too!” I shouted, stuttered while inside I was smirking as the scent of Woohyun came closer. Uh oh, I was mistaken. It wasnt only Woohyun.It was three people there. The figure of three closest friends of mine was flashing in my head. Nam Woohyun, Lee Jieun, Yang Yoseob, my soon saviours, can you hear my voice?

            “And what’s that witch thing again. I dont understand with all of your nonsense saying.” I continued bombarding them with my loud question that echoing in the night’s air of forest. The semi-eyeless guy was laughing. I wanna told him to stop laughing as his laugh make his eyes becoming dissapeared but I was not that crazy enough to say that in this cornered situation, right?

            “You really have the guts to say that.” He said after his solo laughing. This sunggyu guy must be dictator type one.  

            “If only your ancestor didnt do this to us, we wouldn't have done this to you too.” The cute guy shrugged.

            What? I think I’ll get clearer explanation but his saying made me become more confused. What ancestor? What have my ancestor done? My mind was more cloudy than before.

            “I dont get it.What are you talking about?” I frowned while another guy also inching his distance from me, deepened his marble black eyes to mine.

            “You silly girl. How can a witch be that air-headed.” He scoffed in her soft voice. I mean it, his voice was too soft for a guy. Tck, Too bad he used his holy voice to scoff me.

            “I really dont understand, could you please give me at least a proper reason why you kidnapped me?” I raised my voice. Oh, I felt them coming closer. I then managed to calm myself down though I want to shout “C’mon kill them,fellas! Cut them into pieces and save me!” loudly.           

            “Cut it off.You’re wasting our time.” I looked up to see a guy with a jet black hair and deep eyes was already in front of me all of sudden.He looked at me as if Im the most disgusting thing in the world. He then checked me out from head to toe.As the distance between his body to mine was only inches now, I could clearly saw the perfect face he had.   Wait. I think I know him somewhere.

            “Deja vu?” He chuckled mockingly while I was thinking hard where and when Ive met this looked so cocky guy. Who? When? Where? Not more than 1 second, my brilliant brain finally remembered everything.

            “Yah..Kim Myungsoo.YOU!” I scowled in anger. I tried to convinced myself that the person I faced right now with the person I knew were different,but...

            “Hello again, Park Jiyeon.” With the help of moonlight, I could tell he was enjoying his smirking right nowAnd his smirk grew eviller when he saw me clench my fist. That time, I swore my blood was all flowing to my head.  I really wanted to kick him and punched him and killed him and chopped him into pieces and boiled him and eat him, the list goes on, but all of sudden my vision was blurry then all was in pitch dark.

             

            End of Jiyeon’s POV

            10 minutes ago,

            Woohyun’s POV

            “You’re not going alone, man.” Someone patted my shoulder hard as I prepared the ammunition, arrows and knife, to be thrown to my sack bag. I spun my neck and saw Yoseob was standing with his bow and arrwos too. He was more preapared than me, by the way.

            “I’ll help you.” He continued, helped me to prepare my arrows “I’m the 2nd strongest hunter after all.” He winked.

            “Well well, if it wasnt because of me, he wouldnt go.” Another person barged in my room and I knew who was she. That brave and full of confident voice was only owned by Lee Jieun, who was standing proudly with the elegant war clothes she wore. She was overdoing her clothe I guess. No wonder, the only daughter of head-village had enough money to spend on whatever they want.

            “We arent going to fashion show,miss.” I managed to said as I put the last thing I should brought to my sack bag.

            “No chit-chat, the wolves are getting  a far.” Yoseob said as he jumped out by my room’s window.

            “I know” was the last sentence I said before I followed him jump out from the window. So did Jieun.

            As we were running,leaving the village, everyone was waving their hands , bid a farewell and prayed us for the best.

            “Come back alive! And save her!” were the most sentence they said. I turned back for seconds and nodded.

            Enter the forest, I followed the dog we had trained to track Jiyeon using her clothes. That dog of mine was a trained and smart dog. As it was a hunter dog.So we could just say that dog is the dog version of me.

            “Keep going, Brownie. Good dog.” Jieun praised the dog still in her running. She looked so worried. No wonder, Jiyeon’s her only bestfriend. Jiyeon and IU were like a bottle and it’s cover, so match and would be meaningless if one of them disappeared.

            We fastened out pace as the sky turned its colour from a bit purplish dark to the completely black dark sky. Thanks to the moonlight which has helped them in seeing in the night. By the way, we were already adaptated to the pitch dark as we’re hunters.

            I mastered archery and fight with bare hand but sometimes I needed to brought knife on me for my last option, so did Yoseob. The difference is I won in sturdiness and toughness while Yoseob won in accuracy, which means Yoseob shot less arrow but it barely missed. While Jieun, she only mastered in using star-shaped disk so she fought enemy silently not a confrontation like her two bestfriends, me and Yoseob.

            “Hey, could you hear that?” I broke out the silence, stopped myself from running. It was a glimpse voice of a girl. I could tell it was Jiyeon’s as it was high-pitched. Duh she mastered well in producing that high-pitched sound.

            Yoseob and Jiyeon looked at me with their head nodding.

            “99,99%, it’s her.” Jieun said with determinated face.

            With that, we doubled up our speed to the source of voice.

             “Yah..Kim Myungsoo.YOU!” That! That’s her. My inside jumped up as I heard her voice. Then I stopped my running and instructed my two fellow to did so.

            “Are they werewolves?” Yoseob asked as he saw the shadows of guys standing around Jiyeon from a far. I just nodded. He looked so shocked, so did Jieun. I could see from the tail of my eyes she closed using her hands to prevent herself from screaming. Actually I was shocked too as it was our first time seeing creature like that but I managed to calm down so they wont be panicked. We usually heard the story about werewolf from our hunter school but now we saw the real one with our own eyes. From what we’ve learnt from hunter school, there were three form of werewolf. Human, monster and animal. Few minutes ago we saw them in animal form while now, we saw them in human form.

            “We will just shoot them from here.” I instructed them.

            “What? Another crazier idea please.” Jieun replied sarcastically after her eyes widened open.

            “Listen, if we come nearer, we’ll lose. We lose in everything. We lose in number and strength. And, remember that they’ll smell our scent from near distance?” Woohyun explained as he finally saw the shadow of Jiyeon was being cornered under the three.

             Nodding, Yoseob and Jieun finally understood me and took their position. Yoseob and I prepared our bow and took the arrow while Jieun took out some of her star-shaped disk.

            “One, two, three, shoot!” I counted down and as soon as we did it, the roaring of pain could be heard. Likely, The arrow Yoseob shot went to one of the guy’s legs made him transforming back into the wolf. While mine, it was just pass brushing the right arm of the guy who was still bringing Jiyeon in bridal style. And Jieun’s star-shaped disk succesfully went right into the remaining two’s back.

            Soon, we saw them in their monster form that were fleeing away, left us standing here couldnt do anything except seeing them vanishing in almost no time. I lost her again.

            “At least, we hurted them.” Jieun smiled bitterly, reassured me who was clenching my fist and gritting hard my teeth.

            End of Woohyun’s POV

______

            Jiyeon’s POV

            It was a sunny morning when I was in grandma’s hut. She loved to live alone. Mother and I had always ask her to live with us as grandpa had passed away for a long time but she always rejected to do so. I didnt know what she was thinking but she always said that when she was old she wanted to have her time alone. I appreciated her decision but still I missed grandma hence I always visited her twice a week. If it was not because her hut was far away from my village, I would visited her everyday. Too bad, I needed at least half hour walking to go there.

            I filled up my basket with all kind of crop’s result.Any kind of Vegetables and Fruits. I sometimes brought her cookies too. Grandma loved to tell a story to me by the way. That’s why I loved to visited her.She has a tons of story to be told. Beside that, grandma was a caring person. I felt warmntness whenever I was beside her.

            “Bye, Grandma. Live well, eat well and sleep well, okay?” I bid a farewell as I saw the sun gonna leave the sky soon.Not that soon but my house was faraway thats why I should go home quickly so I could be home before the sun sinks.

            She smiled and nodded slightly.

            “Of course, darl. I need to staying alive so I can always meet my little sweetie.” She kneeled down to pat my head. I looked up and kept my eyes on the robe she wore. She must love that robe of hers as she was always seen using that red robe with red hood when I met her.

            “Grandma, I was just wondering why you love that robe so much?”I asked to satisfy my curiousity. I was 8 years old that time no wonder I asked a lot of things.

            “Pretty right?” she asked me and started to twirling around. “You want one, dear?”

            She then bent down to my eye level to cup a pair of my chubby cheeks. I nodded in response.

            “Yeah,grandma. I want to have couple thing with you.” I grinned. She chuckled.

            “Okay,Sweetie. Now you need to go before the sunset. Your mom must be worrying over you right now.” Still kneeling, she gave me a flash peck on my forehead and hugged me. Releasing the hug, she looked into my eyes and gave me her usual speech she repeated over and over.

            “Head straight  your house and keep walking. No matter what, dont stray from the path  and dont go into the woods outside the path.And at last..” She then took her breath, let her words hanging.

            “Dont talk to the stranger.” She emphasized the sentence.

            Bidding the real farewell, Grandma waved her hands then closed the door. I walked away from her house and started my way back home with my light step when suddenly a whimpering sound behind the bushes caught by my ears. I stopped and focused on hearing the sound. The clearer the sound I heard, more sure I was if it was a voice of crying boy. Satisfying my curiousity, I began to walk closer to the bushes and strayed from the walk-path. However, my step stopped as I remembered what Grandma had told me many times.That I shouldnt stray the path.That I should continue walking whatever happening around me. That I shouldnt entered the woods no matter what.  At that time, the internal conflict in me began. Whether I should approched the source of the sound and helped him or to obey Grandma and continue my walking home.   

            Stepped back and kept walking. It was my final choice.

            “Appa..Hyung..Where are you?” When I was already to start my journey again, I heard him talk in midst of his crying.

            Yeah, I was father-less that time. And I knew how it feels living without getting love of father. I knew how it feels living without father sitting beside me seeing me growing up.

            That time, the time I regretted most, without any second thought, I made the biggest mistake in my life.

            I approached him who was burrying his face to his kneels and talked to him.

            “Hey, why are you crying?”

_______

            I woke up then grasping some air as my breathing become irregular. Sweats were rolling down in my face. I put my hand over my chest tried to calm down myself. It was that dream again. The dream that haunting my nights nowadays. The dream that reminds me of the day I broke my promise and the first day I met him.

            End of Jiyeon’s POV

_______

Tadaa~ First short chapter~ ^^

Actually the things here are not the things we know in common as I modified it myself so sorry, really sorry, if the werewolf I wrote here may be a bit different with the werewolf you know in many stories. ^^

For the cursing, sorry if you dont like it. I dont know how to curse politely and I find the story wont be heatened up without cursing. lol Hope you dont mind with it ^^

Enjoy reading~ Thanks a lot for subscribing this story~ ^^

Leave me some comments so I would know what is your thought about the story. ^^

*sending you my heart* <3