Reveal Yourself

Reveal Yourself

But—I’m not gay.

Too bad I like girls.

I am not gay, okay!

 

“The more you deny, the more obvious you get.” Yoochun tells him one day, when it’s just the two of them alone, sitting in his living room. It brings nostalgia and bittersweet pain back to Jaejoong, because it’s sometimes it’s just the two of them. Yoochun understands him much better than most people-- soulmates.

Jaejoong doesn’t answer, smiling bitterly to himself instead. The room isn’t full of laughter and mockery like it would usually be—recently, it’s been starting to mist with dread and tense silences instead. Yoochun stares at him, eyes calculating and then he lets out a soft sigh, sipping more of his alcohol. “What do you expect me to do? They’re orders.” He finally says, voice mellow. It isn’t like the Kim Jaejoong everyone usually sees on variety shows and flashy music videos; smirks and piercing eyes. This one is tired. Tired and exhausted, but not because of the ache in his bones, but at the world itself.

“The company only told you to lessen how you behave.” Yoochun clicks his tongue, sipping straight from the bottle as he continues, “But yet—you disobey them. Have you seen the way you’ve been acting recently? This isn’t you. This isn’t you at all, and it’s making me sick,” The words come out harsher than intended, but Yoochun doesn’t take them back, even with the hurt lining at Jaejoong’s eyes. “You flirt with random people, you strip on stage. Where has your decency gone?” He spat, and he watches hopelessly as tears begin to form in his best friend’s eyes. “Stop this act of yours.”

“Oh yeah, stop it, huh?” Jaejoong suddenly stands up, and Yoochun doesn’t flinch, expecting the outburst, “You want me stop it?! Well then fine! Let me reveal my true gay self to the whole world, Yoochun-ah! Let’s see if anybody likes me still after that, ing hell!”

“Jaejoong—“ Yoochun begins in a soft tone, but the skinny blonde drops to the floor, sobbing hysterically into his hands and it breaks his heart so much. “Stop, stop—“ He whispers, going over and holding the trembling palms of his best friend, and squeezing tightly. Jaejoong lets out heart-wrenching whimpers, and when their eyes lock, Yoochun hates the sight of those misty tears clouding those beautiful eyes.

“They’re always telling me to be myself,” Jaejoong whispers, his dry lips as he slumps down tiredly against the sofa, his tears falling down his face as he continues in a trembling voice, “They’re always telling me they’ll love me no matter what. But they don’t realize how wrong their words are. They’ll hate me, they’ll be disgusted instead.”

“Not everyone is homophobic,” Yoochun comforts, sitting besides the crying blonde and hugging him tight, “There are so many people that would stand up for you. It’s so much better to be yourself rather than someone you’re not. You’re living a lie, and it hurts to see. Please, stop.”

Jaejoong manages a small smile, sniffling into Yoochun’s neck. Thoughts of a certain someone flood his mind and his smile widens a bit.

 

5 years later.

BREAKING: Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho revealed to be gay, and in a relationship together.

 

Time has passed. Time changes everything, time inflicts pain and heals at the same time. It’s been a rollercoaster ride for the both of them, full of hurt and pain and cruel words. But at the same time, it’s been one of the best things to happen.

It’s love, it’s smiles, it’s happiness. They have each other, and society can go themselves for all they care. Why does uality have to portray such a big part in everyone’s lives? We all fall in love, and the two men have just happened to fall for each other. Does it really make that much of a difference?

Sometimes they sing together, release duets together and Cassiopeia, as always, is first in line to buy the sweet singles. Their fanclub has always been there, and they know they always will. Always keeping the faith, even after everything they’ve wanted came true. Because Cassiopeia is just like that, and Jaejoong cherishes them.

 

All five have families of their own now, and the names JYJ and Dong Bang Shin Ki are long gone now—but never forgotten. They are always brought up as legends, kings, people who changed the Korean music industry, and of course—people who never gave up on their dreams.

As Jaejoong lies in Yunho’s arms one night after another one of their anniversaries, he smiles softly into the crook of Yunho’s neck. They went through so much pain and risks to get here today, but they’ve made it. They’re with each other, and everybody knows who he really belongs to, and who he loves. There is nothing more he can ask for.

 He leans forward, and kisses a sleeping Yunho’s cheek with a loving smile and sighs, curling closer.

 

Kim Jaejoong has revealed himself, and he can’t be any happier.

A/N: Korea is so homophobic. You can't really blame Jaejoong for being scared and hiding himself.  ;_; It's sad to see though. He deserves a happy life for everything he's done for his loved ones, Yunho too definitely. (That's why I always write happy endings. :D I can't resist.)

LET'S REACH A POINT WHERE NO HOMOPHOBIA EXISTS, OKAY GUYS? :D LET'S DO THIS! one homophobic person at a time. XD

Thank you for your love and support <3333