Chapter 7

~Angel~

Needless to say, they ROCKED!!!

The crowd went wild!!

All the hard work was giving just the right result.

B1A4 set the stage on fire!! xD xD

After singing all their songs, they waited for the crowd to calm down before saying their thank you’s and goodbye’s but to my surprise, instead of JinYoung, it was Sandeul who took a deep breath and walked to the centre of the stage and took hold of the mike.

The others silently stepped back and positioned themselves near their respective instruments.

I stared at Sandeul as he spoke,

“Thank you. Thank you all for loving us and supporting us even though we’re new. We’re all extremely honoured and this is one of the most special days of our lives. But….to make this day even more special, we’re going to perform another song. It’s not yet included in the album and you all will be the first ones to hear it.”

I was wholly confused and expected the same reaction from the other backstage crew but they all seemed to know what was going on.

What the hell?!?!

Why wasn’t I informed about this song? When did they get time to practice? What was the song named?!

Soft music wafted from the stage and I stopped my question train.

Cry when you want to cry. Don’t purposely hold in your sadness
I’ll embrace you so that you can smile again

When you’re tired, I’ll lend you my shoulder so that you can rest for a bit

I pray no tears in your dreams
I know you’ll fly high in your life

The melody….it was familiar.

Although this world tries to look at you with a small view
I can confidently say you’re the Only One

Find your broken dreams again. Don’t say that you can’t
I will help you to make that dream come true

When you feel like you can’t breathe, close your eyes for a bit and think about your future

I pray no tears in your dreams
I know you’ll fly high in your life

Why yes, the song was the same one I’d heard Sandeul sing in the music room on his first day.

Although this world tries to look at you with a small view
I can confidently say you’re the Only One

Uh I’ll protect you and stay by your side as tears flow
Just rest without any worries in my embrace

The sadness formed in your eyes that won’t fall
In your dreams there are rough dark clouds that don’t show but
you smile. Don’t hold back your hurt anymore
Just throw it high into the sky. I want to go towards the end now
Open up the wings that were folded away. Take my hand

He was giving a solo performance and the others were immersed in music.

 

Don’t cry again

I pray no tears in your dreams
I know you’ll fly high in your life

Although hearts that changed coldly may not know you,
who is cooler than anyone, stay by my side. You’re the Only One

Like me, the fans were speechless.

They could just stare on and on.

But instead of looking back towards the fans, Sandeul was stealing glances towards the dark wings, trying to peer backstage.

Someone pushed me from behind and I foolishly stumbled onstage, gaping with my mouth open.

Sandeul gave his famous eye smile and came towards me and taking my hand, he led me back to centre stage.

The song came to an end and Sandeul sank down to one knee right in front of me.

I pray no tears in your dreams
I know you’ll fly high in your life

He held my hand and said into the mike,

“ShinYa, you’re…you’re the Only One for me, My Angel. Everytime I see you, my heart somersaults. Your eyes, your smile, your straight, jasmine-like hair mesmerize me. Nothing in this whole world gives me more joy than spending time with you does. I want to live this way forever. You’re my…my first love ShinYa and the last too. I want nothing except you. Will you be mine?”

His face was all red but his voice was bold and determined.

I wanted to pinch his cheeks right there but I controlled myself and looked straight into his eyes.

Now, I claim that those eyes had the power to intoxicate people coz’ the next thing I knew, I’d taken his mike and calmly said,

“Yes. Yes, I’d like to be yours for the rest of eternity. Sa…Saranghae Sandeul oppa~”

With this, he pulled me into a tight bear hug and it seemed like he had no intention of letting me go.

Well, it was fine with me ;D

“Tell me though,” I whispered into his ear, “Since when did you get so romantic and mushy?”

He laughed and buried his face in my hair.

“Since JinYoung hyung started giving me ‘How to charm Girls’ lessons.” He admitted.

“Yah! How many girls have you practiced on?” I demanded, shooting an evil look towards JinYoung.

Jinnie just winked at me and Sandeul spin me around and said, “Just one. You. Saranghaeyo ShinYa.”

“Love you too Sandeul oppa!”

We were so wrapped up in our little bubble that I’d almost forgotten we were on stage in front of hundreds of fans.

They were clapping maniacally and cheering us.

The noise was overwhelming as the crowd roared their approval.

I was content. Totally content.

**************

A faint echo of the crowd’s applaud still rang in my ears as I snapped out of the past, back to present.

Seeing his face so close to mine, I leaned towards him and kissed his cheek gently when I felt his arms pulling me closer.

“If you wanted to kiss me, you could’ve just said so yeobo. Oppa wouldn’t have refused his jagiya~” he said in a teasing voice, eyes still closed.

I blushed and tried to wriggle out of his embrace when he opened his eyes and rolled on top of me.

He came closer, his nose tracing my jawline when he let out a low chuckle and said, “OK girl! I’m all yours. Forever!~”

And with that, he softly pressed his tender lips to mine, making the kiss as sweet as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END