The Angel

1004 (Angel)

He takes a deep breathe,then presses down the door knob.The door made a "click clack" sound and slowly opens.

 

The familiar fragrance of jasmine clashes onto himself before the door is fully opened.He takes a deep breathe  and smiles.It's so amazing, the familiar fragrance of his angel is still in this house.

 

"Eunji ah."He calls the familiar yet beautiful name like a habit.

 

But there's no answer.

 

He sighs, and steps into the house.The dusty floor leaves a footprint of his,luckily he's wearing his boots.

 

"Eunji ah."He calls again,and starts to look around the house.Lots of dust spread in the air, he covers his mouth and nose, continues exploring the house.

 

Everything here is still the same, but someone isn't here.

 

His angel.

 

"Eunji ah."He calls again and walks up the stairs.

 

"Come and follow me,you little turtle!"She says happily with a wide smile,looking at him who is panting heavily on the stairs.

 

"I'm too tired to climb up to the second floor,Eunji ah."He says while panting,sweats keep flowing down from his forehead and seeps into his shirt.

 

"If you don't want to follow me,you can't get your gift."She says while spitting her tongue out,and hops up the stairs,leaving him still standing on the stairs.

 

"Hey,wait for me!"He shouts then walks up the stairs.

 

"What is my gift...?"He mumbles while walking up the stairs.

 

"Yah,Jung Daehyun! Do you still want your gift?"She asks while pouting, hands cross in front of her chest.

 

"W-Wait! I'm too exhausted..."He says while holding the staircase bar to support himself.

 

"You better come here faster,or you won't get to see your gift!"She says while frowning,and walks straight away.

 

He slowly walks up the stairs and looks around.Some part in his heart starts to ache.

 

"Eunji?"He places his hand on his chest which is aching right now.

 

"Come here!You're almost close to your gift!"He can see her smiling happily.She has never smile like this before.

 

"Eunji..."He slowly walks to the direction where his memories lead him to,his hand is still covering the part of his chest which is aching.

 

"Daehyun!Don't leave me!"She cries as she holds his hand tightly.

 

"I promise you,I will come back to you.As soon as possible."He says while giving a peck on her forehead.

 

"You promise?"She stops crying and asks with her watery eyes.

 

"I promise.This is our heaven isn't it?And you're my angel.I will come back after I'm done."He says then pulls her into a deep kiss.

 

"I love you."This is the last word he heard from her.

 

The sweetness and the temperature of her lips is still clear as crystal in his memories.He still remembers how happy he was when he kissed her.

 

He walks along the long corridor,and stops in front of the white door at the end of the corridor.

 

"Your gift is behind this door.But,you can't see it until your birthday."She smiles and spits her tongue out again,while he smiles like a fool.He found her cute even though playing a little prank on him.He can't resist but to pull her into a kiss again.

 

He still remember,it's 14th of February when she said that she prepared his birthday gift.

 

"Will you come back on your birthday?"She asks with watery eyes that seems to drop tears anytime.

 

"I will."He says.

 

He made a promise with her,and today,28th of June,is the day he promised her to come back.

 

After pressing down the door knob,he slowly opens the thick white door.

 

Lots of their pictures are being magnified and printed out,hung on the wall with classic frames.

 

Lots of flattened balloons lay on the floor,with dust on it.

 

On the piano keyboard,she quietly lays on it,like a Barbie doll.

 

Without hesitation he runs to the piano,and lays her head on his shoulder.

 

"Eunji?Eunji?"He gently shakes her,but she just quietly lays on his shoulder.

 

He seem to know something,that his tears starts to fall like crazy.

 

"Eunji!Eunji!"He shakes her,trying to wake her up,but she would never wake up again.

 

"Daehyun ah,are you done with your song?"Yongguk asked him,who was still writing the song.

 

"No I haven't."He answered shortly,eyes fixed on the music sheets in front of him.

 

"I don't understand,why do you want to leave Eunji for this song?"Yongguk asked him with a puzzle look.

 

"I don't want her to know about it,it's a surprise."Suddenly he smiles brightly like a sun,Yongguk can't do anything but shook his head like Daehyun is a crazy person.

 

"Why,why you didn't wait for me to come back..."He cries,looking at the beautiful lady on his shoulder.She was still so beautiful,even though she will never open her eyes again.

 

"So you want to play this song for her when you go back?"Yongguk asked.

 

"Of course."He smiles.

 

His hands slowly find their way to the keyboard,and slowly plays the familiar ryhtum that he has been writing and playing,it's the perfect song for her.Only her.

 

His precious angel.

 

"This is for you,Eunji ah."He says softly while gently touching her long soft hair.

 

He is still thinking of what to do to Eunji,about burying her,does a funeral for her...until his eyes slowly reach to a little stick that was put on top of the piano.

 

It's a popsicle.

 

"Will you come back on your birthday?"She asks with watery eyes.She didn't tell him why was she so eager to let him come back on his birthday.

 

She had a surprise.Not just the room of pictures and balloons.

 

There are two lines on the popsicle.