Final

Till death do us part

 

 

"Life has to end. Love doesn't."

Eunhyuk sat on a bench of a small yet pretty park not far to his university.

 Lots of tears kept falling from his eyes and he wiped them away with his sleeve.

That was an evening like the others, the same bunch of idiots kept on bullying him without there was anything he can do.

 He was the perfect target, weak, kind and without any friends.

Why has he to be like that? Why couldn't he stab those fools to death? Why was he so vulnerable?

As he was lost into his thoughts he didn't notice the man standing behind him and he jumped when the latter put a hand on his shoulder. 

"Are you okay? " the stranger asked worriedly. 

"Not really" Eunhyuk answered while looking up at him with a blurred stare.  

That was a charming young man, about the same age as him. His brown soft bangs falling on his face, almost covering his beautiful eyes. He was simply vested, a dark grey coat above a V-neck pale blue shirt, and at the bottom, a dark jeans with a pair of sneakers. 

"There is a bunch of idiots who kept on bullying me and I'm tired of it and- " 

He paused. Why he suddenly started to talk with a perfect stranger? Was he so desperate? The young stranger sat next to him, a warm smile on his face.

"You must ignore these jerks, they don't deserve your tears." The stranger said wiping Eunhyuk's tears away with his thumb which really surprised Eunhyuk. "By the way, I'm Donghae." he added with a reassuring smile as he hands out his hand.

Eunhyuk shook his hand "And I'm Eunhyuk, nice to meet you." he said before Donghae took him into a warm embrace. Then he stopped the hug to look back at Eunhyuk with a serious look.

"You know, I used to be bullied too."

"You-you were bullied ?" Eunhyuk asked in shock. His new friend seemed too strong, handsome and nice to be bullied. Not a ty fail like him.

"I didn't have any friend to defend me so..." He paused to smile at his past memories "It makes me smile but at that time it didn't. They used to slap my head, kick on my schoolbag, steal my food at the cafeteria..." 

They talks for hours but they were forced to separate when Eunhyuk's phone rang. His mom was worried about the delay of her son. They had to went home reluctantly. "Why don't we just meet here tomorrow at the same time ?" 

"Sure ! Remember, if you had to talk you just have to sat on this bench and I will join you."

Eunhyuk just smile as an answer then he whispered an "I will, thank you." He almost said "Thank you for appearing into my life" but he didn't.

Through their conversations of their reserved bench, Eunhyuk and Donghae started being friends, everyday they would meet in the same bench talking about nothing.

Donghae was studying at an university close to Eunhyuk's so that was easy to them to meet. And day after day their relationship grown up until, months later, Donghae finally took Eunhyuk on a date and they went out together as an official couple.

But they chose to hide their relationship to their parents. They were afraid of the reaction they could have if they find out their sons being gay.

 

"Watch where you're going you dirty !"

Eunhyuk stopped and look up at the guy in who he just bumped and jumped in surprise when he realized he was one of the guys who used to bully him before but they had leaving him alone when he started to gain in self confidence because of his relationship with Donghae.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING !" the guy shouted before grabbing Eunhyuk's collar and throwing him on the ground, his head banging against it into a creaking sound making him groaand wincing in pain.

The blonde tried to stand up but the guy just punched him in the face making him fall again.

"I will teach you how to respect me ! " he yelled, a disgusting smile on his ugly face while he stepped towards him.

He grab Eunhyuk by his chin. His grip was so strong that the weaker had no choice but look at him right into his eyes. His gaze was full of fear as the taller raise a hand above him but before the guy could do anything Eunhyuk heard a punch sound and saw the latter collapsed on the floor with a thud.

He looked up.

His Donghae was standing behind the guy's laying body, his eyes full of anger and his fist still up from the sharp he just gave. 

"DONGHAE !!" Eunhyuk shouted in happiness while attacking him with a hug and even if his head still hurt he nodded when his boyfriend asked him if he was okay.  

And from that moment he knew he will stay with Donghae forever no matter what happens because the latter will always protect him like he had just done.

Til death do them part.

 


 

"I'm sorry for telling you such bad news but..." The doctor took a deep breath before announcing it

"Your husband have a serious heart failure and the diagnosis is irrevocable... His heart will get weaker by the day until it won't be able to beat. All we can do is to put him in an artificial coma when his condition will worsen until we have a suitable donor and do a heart craft.

Eunhyuk started to cry.

Why do that kind of things happen to them now?

He was living so happily with Donghae, how could this be possible ?

Their lives were perfect.

Donghae was a lovely boyfriend always full of love and care for the one he loved.

They finally had the courage to announce their relationship to their parents and surprisingly they took it quite well and they got a lot of blessing from their families. Both of them just turned 20 this year and they bought a comfortable apartment in which they could live together so they weren't separated anymore.

In their free time, they liked to watching movies or go out together... On every morning, Donghae would wake up his boyfriend with warm pastries and hot chocolate.

They were like glued together.

And one beautiful night, as they were watching at the stars on their favorite bench, Donghae suddenly kneeled and surprised his boyfriend with a proposal.  Of course Eunhyuk's answer was a big yes and they projected to married the next year.  But the doctor's announcement broke all their wedding plans.

"So, what did the doctor say ?" Donghae asked his lover as he saw him left the doctor's office.

The latter didn't answer. He just hugged him as tight as he could and burst into tears.

"What ?" 

Eunhyuk finally managed his tears and informed him about what the doctor say.

But Donghae didn't react at all, still in shock. He keeps looking through his lover's eyes, still thinking it was a joke or something like that.

How could this was possible ? Of course it has to be a joke !

That was the kind of thing that we always thing it only happens to the others but when it happens to us we're just helpless and loss. 

 Of course Donghae was scared but what scared him the most wasn't his own condition but to leave his boyfriend. It was his duty to take care of him and he won't be able to do his duty.

So he promise himself he will try his best to make the time he had left as happy as he could.

 


 

Eunhyuk was Donghae's cheek as the latter was laying on the hospital bed.  His condition worsened and the doctors had no other choice but put him in artificial coma. 

At the beginning, it was hard for Eunhyuk to cope with that, mostly when he came back at home and there was no Donghae to welcome him, when he went to bed and he found the part of the double bed where his lover usually sleeps still made up and cold. 

But he slowly began to be used to it, visiting his fiancé everyday after work, recounting what happens to him during the day, like they were used to do several years ago on their bench, as if he could ear him but he knew that he couldn't.

"Sleep well my love..." Eunhyuk said, holding back his tears that threatened to fall on his cheeks while he kissed his lover's hand. 

He jumped in surprise when he heard a knock on the door. A doctor entered the room but his expression wasn't good.

"How is he ?" Eunhyuk asked with a hint of hope even if he already knew the answer.

"I'm sorry" he began, not sure of the way he should announce it to Eunhyuk "I know it's hard for you but... You should give up... I mean... It's been almost 4 years and his condition still the same... You should pull the plug on him-"

"NO I CAN'T !! He's my husband and I love him !! Please... please keep taking care of him... I know he will wake up ! I KNOW IT !! He's so strong !" He started to shake his lover's inert body "Please wake up ! PLEASE !! They wants to kill you ! Show them that you'll get better!! PLEASE !!"

The doctor has finally managed to calm him down then glanced deeply at him, both of his hands on Eunhyuk's shoulders.

"Listen ! He haven't any chance to wake up anyway and the waiting list for a heart donation is so long that it will took a decade to have one. It hurt me too but you should make way for people who still can be saved... and we had talked of that with his family and they agrees with me."

"How can them ? He's their son after all ! HOW ?"

"I'm sorry" the doctor repeated "this turns out to be the only solution for not make him suffer more. Look! He can't talk, he can't walk, he can't even see! He doesn't have any life! He's just living trough the machine. Could you really be able to support this situation for  5, 10 or 20 years ? If you have another solution then tell me! I just want to help you."

   Eunhyuk froze for seconds, looking like he was thinking. Of course he had a solution but was it the right one ? Won't it have lots of consequences ? 

   He had to think quickly about making a decision. 

   "I have" he managed to say, without controlling his own mouth.

He took a deep breath.

He loved Donghae so damn much. He couldn't live without him, he was nothing.

By this way, he could live with his lover forever.

But what will be the latter's reaction ? 

He didn't mind, all that mattered was Donghae and only Donghae.

 


 

Donghae's eyes fluttered as he tried to open it. All he could distinguish were blurred masked figures. Around him,  all the stuffs were white. Was he already passed out ? Was he in heaven ?

"W-Where am I ?" He asked, his own voice shocked him like he hadn't ear it for years.

"You're in the hospital, remember ?" A nurse answered him with a smile. Donghae frowned in confusion until it hits him. 

He looked around."Oh yes, I remember !" How many time did he spend in this bed ? Several weeks ? Several months ? Several... years ? 

He looked like he was thinking. Wait... If he was alive, if he wasn't in pain currently... that means that there were a suitable donor, isn't it ? Or his heart  suddenly gone better ? No, it couldn't. The doctor said the diagnosis was irrevocable, it couldn't.

So much questions he wanted to ask but he was alive and that meant he could live with Eunhyuk and his family for the rest of his life."By the way, were was he ?" he asked to himself as he turned around, looking for him in the room but obliviously he wasn't here.

"Where is Eunhyuk ?" He inquired at a doctor who passed by his side as he didn't see his lover.

The doctor who was standing in front of the bed approached him and sat on his left,  a sad expression on his face.

He sighed deeply before saying "I'm sorry..."

"Why ? Where is he ?"

"He sacrificed his own life to save yours... He gave you his heart... "

Donghae's slight smile was suddenly replaced by a wide frown. He felt like his own body was leaving his. His brain frozen and he began to shiver.

" NO !" Donghae shouted with a fearful shaky voice "He can't ! Why... Why didn't you do something to stop him to doing that ? WHY ?" Lots of years were falling on his cheeks but he didn't care.

"That was his decision... We're sorry, we couldn't prevent him to do that. "

After checking him a last time,  the doctor left Donghae alone in his room, letting him some time to coped the news and he knew that wouldn't be easy.

As he was alone in the room, Donghae looked up at the sky trough the window, thinking of his lover being here among the angels. Tears still flowing along his cheeks. 

And he put a hand on his own chest where his lover's heart was beating for him and he knew that he would ever be with him trough this heart and he promised at himself that he will take care of it until his time comes, so he will join the one he loves. 

Til death gather them again in Heaven.

 


A/N : Sorry for those who have been waiting for so long for such a ty chapter like this --' 

I hope anyway you will enjoy it since it's the first one shot that I publish 

Feel free to upvote/comment/suscribe, it doesn't takes much time and it makes me happy ^^ 

Thank you :D