Cool couple

Cool couple

Henry and Amber have been dating for quite some time now. They were friends for a long time before finally deciding to change their status as they had gradually developed feelings towards each other. Friends often call them “match made in heaven”, fans do, too, although they don’t even know about the real relationship status between the two idols. Well, they can guess though, because Henry and Amber are not exactly subtle. Plus, it is simply obvious that Henry and Amber are so matching. They share the same habits, have the same fashion sense, their voices blend well with each other and sometimes they even look kinda similar. That’s why since they started to go out, not as friends, but as lovers, Henry and Amber often take pride of the fact that they never really suffer any serious arguments. They DO have fights, of course, but it’s just about little childish things like which video game to play, which flavor of pizza to order or which TV channel to watch, which rarely last longer than five minutes. Even with the very little serious debates of theirs, they were never about “jealousy”. Never have they had a quarrel over such thing. Therefore, they always proudly agree with each other that: Henber is indeed a cool couple.

Henry is never upset with the fact that his girlfriend is like the definition of friendliness. Why must he? He should feel proud of her instead, which he actually does. Amber can easily communicate with boys, given her boyish look and carefree nature. She can also joke around with them, hug them or shake hands, without any awkwardness, which is totally not out of her character. Henry knows it the best. He even silently agrees as he read somewhere before “You just need to come to Korea and become idols, then you will automatically become Amber’s friend as well”. He still remembers that such Western style behavior of hers helped them stick together right the moment they met. Plus, the more important thing is he also behaves like that. Then he just lets her act as herself without complaining, as long as Henry knows where her heart belongs to. And her heart is always with him. It’s no doubt as he can tell clearly whenever he looks into her eyes. They are idols, with different busy schedules, which often leads to being separated in two countries far away. If Henry and Amber didn’t have enough trust in each other, they would never take the risk and change into something more rather than friends.

People often think that the interaction between Amber and EXO boys might make him bother. But in fact, not at all. It’s not that the younger boys are only close to her and always wander around to fight for her attention, they are close to Henry himself too. Henry just considers EXO boys as their mutual friends, like many others such as Noize Bank, Eric, Ailee… EXO are all good brothers, as they know clearly about Henry and Amber’s relationship, they will not try to do any harm.

Henry is quite aware of the whole shipping thing as well. And because of Amber’s character, there is no surprise that fans find her so shippable. Amber has dozens of ships, as the result. Henry could never beat his girlfriend if they held a contest of listing out all of their ships, even if he included such homoual ships between himself with the REST of Super Junior. But the violinist doesn’t feel uneasy for that. Instead, he laughs the issue off. He understands the fans’ feeling and he is not a narrow-minded guy at all. After the incident with “Only 13” campaign, He has learnt to expect fans’ thought as well as treasure every single supporter he got. Fans are very important for idols, they shouldn’t piss them off.

In conclusion, Henry is one of the best examples for a cool boyfriend.

Amber is as much carefree as her boyfriend. People can say that is because Henry doesn’t really collaborate with any female celebrities. But that’s not really the case. Henry has been living in Korea for six years now. Maybe he doesn’t have chance to interact with many female partners onstage, but he can still meet them backstage. Like Amber herself, Henry is a damn friendly boy towards everyone. He can fit well in whatever the situation is. Just look at how comfortable he is when being put in the midst of the EXO boys, if you don’t know better, you would probably think that he is one of them, rather than their hyung, their sunbae. And what Kyuhyun once commented about the Canadian boy is not wrong at all. Approaching girls fairly quickly is definitely one of his “talents”, so he simply gets along just well with not only any female celebrities he meets but also the female staffs backstage. Don’t they find him adorable, funny, talented and charismatic? Of course they do. But Amber has never really felt being threatened. When he performed together with Yuri and Hyoyeon, no. When he made an instrument duet with Seohyun, no. Because she knows clearly that those are only the company’s arrangements and such collaborations actually benefits him. Even when Amber saw the picture of Henry’s onscreen kiss scene, it would be a lie if the Taiwanese-born girl says that she doesn’t feel anything. Yet, it is “weird” rather than “jealous” to see her own boyfriend doing such intimate interaction with someone else not her. It is childish to get angry with him because of that though. It’s his work after all, not his choice. And she is glad to know that Henry can sacrifice and forget himself to fully concentrate on the script. Perhaps her attitude on the scene would change when she really watches it, but at least it doesn’t bother her so much now. It brings her no difference about the leading actress in his MV- Irene, since whenever the director shouted “Cut”, the young man would immediately turn around to find her and his bright smiles were all for her. Henry always makes Amber feel special, and she loved him for that.

Recently, Henry has a new ship: Hensom, standing for Henry and Dasom. She read the articles and watched the show also. He claimed there that Dasom was totally his ideal style. That was not completely a lie. She IS his ideal type, in theory though. Back to the time when they were still platonically friends, the real maknae of Super Junior did tell so in one of his past shows, and keeping that typical description is a smart way to protect their relationship from the public. He DID enjoy the show and look at the girls quite frequently but that’s how a normal man acts. Admiring beauty is not a sin. To be honest, the boyish girl would have become jealous if he hadn’t told her anything and let her watch the show herself. However, she never had a chance. Right that afternoon, after filming, Henry rushed to their date, pulling her into his tight and warm embrace and showering her with kisses as soon as they met and murmured against her hair how much he missed her. He told her all about his filming that night. The next day, Kyuhyun complained to her that Henry had left as soon as the filming finished, spending not enough time greeting the staffs and other guesses properly and he had to take responsibility for that. “He said that he can’t be late for his date with you and ran off like mad. He didn’t have time to say good bye privately with his “ideal girl” Dasom, let alone asked for her phone number. Such a failed flirty boy”- the evil maknae rolled his eyes, then continued texting with someone via the phone on his hand. Amber couldn’t hide her smile: “He still has to learn much from you, I guess. Good luck with Hyun Ah, by the way”. The older boy’s eyes left his phone to look at the tomboy rapper and he smirked: “Don’t worry about me. I’m professional. I know what to do”. It didn’t take a genius to know who he was texting with.

Back to the topic, Amber is also a cool girlfriend, in general.

However, Amber has felt strange these days, since she read the news about Henry’s first movie “Final Recipe” OST. It is a self-composed song this time, which means he has the full right to choose his duet partner. And he chooses Tiffany. It makes her uncomfortable a bit, Amber has to admit that fact. The song is even in English, topping over all her already-formed-uneasy-feelings. She always wants to sing in English so bad, AND Henry, as her close friend and boyfriend must of course be the one who KNEW it clearly as hell. But he still doesn’t choose her, for God-knows-why. Amber is in denial at first, she blamed all the strange feelings for her pride. Her English is being looked downed on, that’s it. She is American for Heaven’ sake and even a Canadian boy has no right to contempt.

The more she thinks about the situation, the more constrained she gets. She knows it’s silly but she can’t prevent herself from starting to think that Tiffany is close to his ideal girl description, even though she figured it well in Dasom’s case. The Soshi girl is such a feminine fashionable girl with long hair and all, far different from Amber herself. She is also fluent in English, which would surely make Henry happy to communicate with her. Moreover, Henry and Tiffany are able to meet often way more than Henry and Dasom, so this time it is much more worth worrying compared to the Hensom’s case (She finds the ship name quite silly, to be honest). It doesn’t really help that the violin boy and Tiffany were even given the chance to share a special stage at SM Town Concert in Tokyo lately. They actually had chemistry during the performance, butterflies starts to form in the f(x) rapper’s stormach at that thought. Henry always looks happy when being onstage but even that usually expression of his that day bothers Amber. She keeps wondering whether it’s pure happiness of his love for the stage or of being together with Tiffany. Everything becomes worse when Eunhyuk updated his twitter with the photo of him, Donghae, Henry and Tiffany in the recording studio. Ok, Henry loves his hyungs, so it’s understandable of his paying them a visit. But with Tiffany? Now they feel natural with each other enough to hang out together already? Amber’s heart aches.

Amber has never experience anything like that before, therefore she doesn’t know how to react with this totally new feelings and she feels ridiculously insecure all of the sudden.

The couple is in Henry’s flat at the moment, watching TV, except for the fact that Amber can’t really pay attention to the film since such bothersome thought still sticks in her head. She is lying on his couch, with her head on Henry’s lap. They remain quiet but Henry doesn’t feel the need to question, he thinks that the girl is just enjoying the film on TV. He massages her shoulders softly. He misses being like this with her so much during the whole filming in China. He smiles, just her existence is enough to comfort him, to make him happy. He chuckles at his own corny thought, while trailing his eye sight over the girl and quietly admiring her slender figures from behind: her hair, her jaw line, her shoulder, her arms… They are both mute in their own thought until…

“It seems that you and Tiffany are getting close recently”.

“Uhm? Yeah, we are much closer than before, I guess, as we have more chances to communicate. And the duet last time was really fun”- Henry laughs.

But his laugh doesn’t make Amber comfortable one bit, like it usually does. Instead, she just manages to say: “Yeah, I saw your post on Weibo”.

Henry still doesn’t realize that his girl’s attitude today is different yet, so he smiles happily: “Oh, you really keep updating about me”.

The boyish girl is silent again and Henry gently her hair. He loves her hair even when it is always kept short. He loves the feeling and the scent he gets while burying his face in that silk-soft material.

And then Amber says again, this time more quietly, and finally Henry noticed the change in her tone, but he doesn’t get the slightest idea why though: “Do you think that she is beautiful?”

Being honest (and clueless), Henry answered with another small laugh: “Don’t I dare say that she is not. Sone would kill me if they found out”.

He soon stops laughing in shock as Amber suddenly sits up, heading straight to the door without bothering to look back at him. “I’m coming home”, she informs coldly.

Henry regains his consciousness and follows her immediately. He grabs her wrist, avoiding her from stepping any other inch. She still doesn’t face him. “But why? We don’t have much time together recently. I even spent the whole afternoon begging the guys out and now you just leave? Are you going to leave me alone all night, after the long- time I stayed in China?”

To his surprise, she responses: “Why don’t you just call Tiffany to come over? Then you won’t be lonely anymore”.

It takes Henry nearly half a minute to comprehend fully her words. His eyes widen and his jaw drops: “W… What…!? Why bringing about Tiffany all of the sudden? Does she have anything to do here?” He blinks, puzzled.

Amber bites her lower lip. She knows that she isn’t acting like herself at all, but she can’t help it. It’s what he said that brings her to the edge and urges her to blurt out…

And then Henry realizes that a light pink color is spreading the girl’s cheeks and ears, which totally clarifies things for him. So… That’s it. Henry grins widely: “Aww… Are you jealous?”

The f(x) girl wants to deny so bad but for some reasons that even she doesn’t know herself, she just stays mute.

Henry steps forward to close their distance and attacks her with a back hug. He whispers into her ears: “You are so cute, Am” while tightening the grip around her. Being in his arms, feeling secured being covered by his warmness, Amber suddenly finds her actions so stupid. Henry nuzzles her neck by his nose: “Won’t you tell me why?”

Amber sighs: “Your movie’s OST.”

“What’s about it?”

“Why don’t you let me to collaborate with you?”- Amber pouts.

Henry chuckles at his girlfriend’s cuteness: “It’s in English and fits her voice. So I chose her, no other special reasons. Plus, we aren’t going to perform the song live. I wanted to be on stage with you, that’s why I made a duet OST with Tiffany and saved “1-4-3” for you. Do you think the company will let us work on both projects? I doubt it.”

Amber’s face gets redden even more, processing Henry’s explanation. She bites her lip in embarrassment. How come does she even doubt him? The taller boy turns her around in his arms, letting them be face to face. She blushes seeing his smirk.

“I really like this new side of yours, you know. It turns out that you can’t keep cool all the time”

“Don’t be too cocky. So are you.”- She retorts, sticks her tongue at him.

“What are you talking about? When am I not cool?”- Henry raises an eyebrow.

“Don’t pretend that you don’t know. What about the last time when I performed “Like a G6” with Kris?”

It’s turn for Henry to flush. He defends: “Hey, it looked super real and you two were dangerously close at that moment, alright?”

Amber rolled her eyes: “I didn’t touch him. Even if I had done, it would have only been a kiss on cheek. Not like you with your hyungs”. The girl gradually finds her normal self back and starts to bully Henry, one of her interests.

“It’s called fan service! And I didn’t really kiss any of them either!”- Henry groans in frustration, then adds: “The most important thing is I’m a straight guy and you knows that the best. That’s why you don’t feel worry.”

“Actually I do suspect sometimes”- Amber smirks as his expression changes dramatically. “You seem to enjoy all those skinsh…”

The sentence never has a chance to be completed since the next thing she knows is his lips on hers to keep her silent. Wasting no time, she immediately responses the familiar touch. She sighs, realizing how longing she was for this all those days he was away filming. She kisses him back, fingers tangling in his brown lock and tugs him down. He smirks against her lips, enjoying the reaction. His hands travel to her back, drawing some circles on the material of her T-shirt while he attempts to deepen their kiss. Henry slides his tongue out, using the tip to trail her bottom lip and she parts her lips to finally let him in. Their skillful tongues meet and start fighting for dominance. Amber feels hot and she thinks she can just melt in his arms.

After the while, they break the kiss for air. Matching smiles are shown on their faces. Henry rests his forehead on hers, looking deep into her warm brown eyes and talking with a somehow lower voice of his: “I see… You really suspect my uality.”

She laughs while maintaining her arms around his neck: “Ok, we both can’t always be cool, I think.”

 

---

(Later, when Amber decides to turn back to the film shown on TV, Henry quickly grabs the remote and turns it off, while keeping her still at her place with the other hand. Before the girl can open to question, he already lifts her up in bridal style and smirks, his eyebrows wiggling: “I don’t feel like watching film anymore. Let’s have some other fun.” Amber doesn’t find any reason to refuse, so she just simply agrees with him.)