Dream (part two)

Kings Of The Forest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh Goood... it's so tiriiiing", I dropped my bag on the kitchen floor and leaned my body on the locker, had no strength to change my outfit.
"What are you doing? you're sweating like pig", Minsoo-hyung threw me a clean towel.
"Ah, thanks hyung. I was on a race with my friend on the way here", I said.
"Why would you do that?", Minsoo-hyung chuckled.
"Because... I want to be a writer, hyung", I replied with starry eyes. I was so proud about my new dream that I willing to randomly show it off to everyone.
"Heol, you finally found what you want to do? congrats. Put on your apron, tonight you're still a part time waiter in my cafe", he said, still giggling on my stupid words.
"Yes, sir!", I said passionately.

That night was quite a busy night but somehow between the orders I still managed to read my books. Minsoo-hyung noticed it but he allowed me to. He was such an understanding person. Then I saw a flashy looking figure just outside the cafe. It was so flashy, my books couldn't even distract me from it. I knew that net stocking, I knew that red leather jacket, I knew that light brown hair. Hyuna... it hadn't been a week, but she was there to disturbed my day again. I tried to ignored her when finally she collapsed and sat in front of the cafe gate. I ran outside to saw what happened. She was sobbing on the pavement.

"Yah, are you alright?", I asked her.
She looked up and jumped out of her spot; "Heol! Niel?!", she exclaimed.
"Yeah it's me", I saw her eyes were clear and she smelled nice. She was sober. It was the weirdest fact about her that night.
She laughed and back on her sitting position. She wiped her tears and re-applied her make up.

"What are you doing, sitting in front of our cafe like this?", I asked her as I squat to synced our level.
"Ah, you're doing part time here?", she asked.
"Yeah", I answered short.
"Ahn Daniel. Why do I always feel guilty when I see you… haha. Byunghunnie's best friend, I’m sorry that I took him away from you", she giggled. I looked at her from head to toe, wondered what she was up to.
"What could I do, he loves you that much", I scoffed.
"Ahh… Byunghunnie… he’s just a kid", said Hyuna, still fixing her lipstick.
"Aren’t you too?!", I raised my voice in annoyance.
"Of course, you’re right. He’s the man, I’m the kid. Our parents both are divorced, he’s the one that coping well… while me… look at me, on a pavement like this, no one cares...", she sighed heavily and put her lipstick back to her purse. She then took one cigarette and lighted it up while offered me one. I just shook my head and she giggled.

"I never in relationship with person like Byunghun before. It really struck me when he was asking me out, I was like 'ahh this kid has the guts!' I never went out with ordinary student like him, no one ever asked me out so bluntly like that to me before, at least from school. But him… with that arrogant walk, hahaha… shyly asking me out. I thought he was really interesting. I couldn’t say no. He’s just… so cute. Don’t you think so, Niel-ah?", she said as she blew smoke out of .
"Hum, yeah, he’s a cute hyung", I forced a smile and looked to the other way.
"He’s fun to be with too, we joke about a lot of things, we understand each other’s sense of humor. It’s amazing because I never show my weird side to anyone beside him… hahaha. To laugh with him every day, getting away from my usual self, I think to myself… 'Ah, I really fall for him'. You see, I love him. I really do", she said. Those words got me attention.

"Yeah? that’s how you show him how you love him, getting drunk? asked him to pick you up? go with different guys every night?", I grilled her with questions.
"They’re just friends. See… I love Byunghunnie… but I love my friends too. Byunghun is so cute to try to get along with my… lifestyle. But I could see that he doesn’t really belong there. Which not a bad thing, you know, I just broke him up. After that incident with my father, I think I unconsciously drew a line between us. That’s the right thing to do, isn’t it? I thought, 'maybe we're just not made for each other...' 'maybe this is the right decision'. But why, why, I'm so sad?!", she started to cry once again.
"What?! you broke up with him?!", my voice cracked.
"I thought you’ll be happy hearing that", she replied, as she smoked her cigarette, tried to her tears back inside.
"Yeah, this time only I felt thankful toward you, but I think hyung will be so devastated. He loved you, really", I said.

She chuckled; "Yeah, maybe it’s love between us. But our world… is just so different. It’s the right time to cut this relationship, before I hurt him, before we hurt each other. Let’s remember our feelings as love, not hatred. Don’t worry, Niel-ah…I won't get near to him anymore, I'd act like there was nothing between us anymore. We'll be graduated soon anyway, right? he’ll then move on and find a better woman…"
"Aish, I just can’t imagine the depression he’ll express on me", I said.
"Hahaha, really… you know what?", said Hyuna.
"What?", I looked at her.
"Byunghun is so lucky to have a friend like you. I wish I could have one too someday", she said as she looked up to the sky.
I hate to have a soft heart, I did think that Hyuna was a lonely existence in that moment, she and Byunghun-hyung, they all had same sad eyes. It was when I reminded to see everyone from every angle. I wondered what are those guys meant to her then, if I think about it now, Hyuna was rarely seen befriend with other girls, she was always in company of men. Maybe she couldn't cut off those relationships because they're the only relationship she thought she could ever have.

"Ah, what is this, I sound really pathetic, don’t I. Alright then, Nielie… That’s a cab coming, I guess", she stood up and stopped the incoming car.
"Bye", I waved at her.
"Bye... um, take care of Byunghun will you?", she smiled mischievously as she went in the cab.
"Of course I will. I always do", I said, disbelieved. She just laughed and waved at me once again.

Byunghun-hyung must be crying right now in the corner of his room, I thought. The urge to called him was really big that night... making sure that he was alright had become my habit. But then I remember the ignorant middle finger he pointed at me. What an annoying sight. I decided that it might be better to just leave him be, he would come to me in the end... ugh, what was with that thought... I actually hoped that he would came to me crying, though the other night I said I didn't want to hear his complaints.

"Why do I feel sorry for Hyuna?", asked Jonghyun as he took a spoonful of donburi into his mouth. I just told him about the break up. We finally had another lunch together in cafeteria.
"Yeah, I felt bit sorry too, but above all, it's relieving", I sighed.
"Poor hyung...", said Jonghyun.
"Did he call you?", I asked.
"Not yet... ah, there he is", Jonghyun gave me signal to looked at the table near the entrance door. There was Byu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter