Chapter 5

Forgotten, Bruised, and Battered (Discontinued)

I was surprised, of course. But I sat down again anyway. My heart skipped beats, but I didn't know if it was because he held my hand, or he recognizes me from 2 years ago.

I just sat there, hands on my lap and staring at my shoes. "What else are you going to talk about, Daniel?"

"I know you."

I stayed silent.

"You haven't changed at all. Two years ago you were still looked the same." I could feel tears building up, but I wiped them away, pretending there was something in my eye.

"You visited me that day. On the day of my accident. You asked me whether I remembered you or not. You cried when I didn't."

Tears had started flowing down my cheeks by now.

"I must have been very important to you that you came in here crying and asking me whether I remember or not."

I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand. He grabbed my hand and pulled it away, then with his finger lifted my chin up to look at him. "Why are you crying? I'm not hurting you, am I?" I could see worry and panic in his eyes.

You forgetting me is hurtful enough, idiot.

"Tell me, Jihyun. Are you my step-sister or something? Best friend? Tell me, Bang Jihyun."

"You really want to know, Daniel?", I asked, almost choking on my tears.

He nodded.

"You were my boyfriend, idiot."

------------

I wiped my tears as I slammed the door shut. I looked around, and I noticed Byunghun was leaning on the wall near the door. He was looking at me, eyes wide.

"Omo! Jihyun-ah! Are you okay? Did he say something bad or something?", he asked, moving his face in front of mine in circles, as if examining it. He wiped my tears away with his thumbs.

Other than Minsoo and Chanhee oppa, Byunghun also knows about my past. The youngestp two don't know a thing about this.

I chuckled and pushed him away. "No, Byunghun. I'm fine. Seriously." I tried smiling, but the tears kept coming. I sniffed and wiped the tears away, laughing at my pathetic self.

"Where did the others go, Byunghun-ah?", I asked, reaching out for his hand. He took my hand and we started walking away.

"Hyungs were called to an emergency teacher's meeting. Younsters were called home."

I nodded. We walked towards my house in silence.

"So umm.. I overheard your conversation.."

I gasped and hit his arm. "Byunghun! You traitor!"

He chuckled. "I'm sorry. It wasn't my fault! Niel was too loud." Apparently, Daniel wants to be known as Niel at school.

I hit his arm again, but stayed quiet. "Oh yeah, Byunghun, do you mind walking me home?"

Byunghun shook his head. "Nope. Not at all."

We got to my house after a 10 minute bus ride and an extra 5 minute walk from the bus stop. Minsoo oppa's car wasn't in the driveway. Right. Meeting.

"Do you need me to um.. Stay here until hyung comes home? I mean, your mom is still working, right?", he asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

I wasn't sure what to say, so I just nodded. He smiled and stepped inside.

"It seems like it's been ages since I last visited." He sighed. He plopped down on the couch and hugged a pillow, snuggling into it.

"It's only been a week." I set my bag down on the table and plopped down beside him.

"Shoes off, Byunghun.", I said, bending over his body to grab a pillow from the other side of the couch. I slumped back down on my seat and hugged the pillow tightly.

Byunghun bent down and undid his shoelaces, then kicked his shoes off. "There, satisfied?", he asked, smiling.

"Byunghun, do you want to watch a movie?", I asked, leaning on his shoulder, closing my eyes. I felt a light pressure on the top of my head.

"Sure. Any movie you want."

---------------

Edit:

Mkay i think everyone knows what im up to lol.
This is exactly what happened with my other story starring chunji and oc.
Random love. Ckckckck