Chapter 3

Forgotten, Bruised, and Battered (Discontinued)
(Jihyun)

I watched as Junyung and Taehyung beat up the poor guy. Me, Aeri and Solhee stood nearby. I watched as Daniel got kicked in the stomach harshly.

I've been living like this for the past one and a half years, being the pretty and rich ones at school. Apparently, everyone thinks looks+money=power, so.. Yeah, I'm pretty much stuck in this situation.

To be honest, I never wanted to be here. Being on top of the high school popularity pyramid or whatever it is (-_-) isn't always the best. Whenever one of us gets in trouble, everybody suffers the consequences.

"Junyung! Taehyung!", I yelled, getting their attention. They looked at me, irritated. Even Aeri and Solhee were looking at me weirdly.

I cleared my throat.

"Don't you think that's enough? He's coughing up blood already." As if on cue, Daniel coughed up some more blood. He tried to sit up but got kicked back down by Junyung.

"Stop."

", WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS? You're supposed to be on our side!", Junyung barked, and everyone flinched. He stomped towards me and looked back at Daniel. "You stay there, or else I'll cut your in legs off."

"So what did you say?", Junyung asked lifting my chin up with his pointer. I shot him a look of disgust and slapped his hand away.

"I told you to stop."

"And what are you going to if I don't, hmm?"

"I'm telling your sister."

He froze immediately. He's always been afraid of his sister, HIS OWN SISTER! Guess what? His sister just happens to be my best friend!

"Fine. I'll stop.", he growled, but gave Daniel one last kick. "Let's go, guys.", he muttered and walked off, not forgetting to bump into me by the shoulders in the process.

Everyone walked off and followed him, and soon it was just me and Daniel left. He was on his knees, bent over and clutching his stomach. And he was still coughing up blood. Gosh. Seriously. Junyung's so ed up.

I walked over to Daniel and bent down. I reached my hand out to comfort him, but suddenly he snapped his head back and looked straight at me. Gosh, how I miss those lips of his.

He made a low growling noise which sounded a lot like a sentence.

"Excuse me?"

"Why..?", he asked, a thin stream of crimson red liquid spilling from his mouth.

I took a huge breath and answered him.

"I'm not a big fan of bullying."

He looked up at me again and opened his mouth to talk, but before he could say a single syllable, he collapsed on the ground of the school's parking lot.

*.* I mentally cursed.

I needed to get him to the hospital. Fast.

I fished my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through my contacts. I tapped the name and then the green telephone button. It rang a few times before it got picked up. I heard his deep, low voice say, "Jihyun? Where are you? It's gett-"

"Oppa, now's not the time to worry about me. Come to school quickly."

"What? Why?"

"Just- Quickly! I need help! BBALLI! WITH A CAR!"

And with that he hung up.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and brought my head closer to Daniel's. He was breathing, alright, but barely.

I sighed and shook him. He just groaned.

"Daniel, please don't die.."

"Daniel. Open your eyes. Please."

"Daniel.."

"DANIEL!"

But he didn't open his eyes.

, his breathing's getting slower.

Soon, I heard a car pulling over and the engine turned off. It sounded near, but when I turned back but there was no car.

"MINSOO OPPA!", I yelled to the empty parking lot.

I heard his voice. His deep voice echoed throughout the whole parking lot. "JIHYUN! Where are you?!"

"I'm at the back door!", I yelled back louder than I thought I would.

I heard footsteps coming towards me. More than one person. I didn't care, all I cared about was Daniel. I continued to carress Daniel's hair and face, hoping he'd wake up. I just continued to do that, tears streaming down my cheeks and onto the asphalt.

I heard the footsteps coming closer, and Minsoo oppa's deep voice kept calling me. I didn't turn around. I saw 5 pairs of legs crowding around Daniel's body, and I heard gasps.

"Omo! Niel!"

"Jihyun.."

"What happened?"

"Is he dead?"

"No, but we should bring him to the hospital. He's barely breathing."

And with that four people left carrying Daniel.

I looked up to see Minsoo oppa looking at me. He crouched down and smoothed my hair.

"Jihyun, come on. We have to get home. Mom's worried about you."

I shook my head furiously. "No! I'm going to the hospital! I want to see him! Scratch that, NEED!" It's true; I've only seen Daniel around at school for 10 seconds or so at a time - it wasn't enough and still isn't.

"Fine, if that's what you want. But first you'll have to get up and get to the car."

So I did, and while still shedding tears, I walked along with Minsoo oppa towards his car. ---------------

Soo yayy I finally updateddd
Hahahah wait for the next chapter mkay?