School

Tough Love

      Step by step, Tao retreated until his back hit the wall. A smirk lit Kris's face as he stepped towards the other, his eyes dangerously shadowed. Gently, he put a hand under Tao's chin and tilted up the younger's blushing face, trailing a finger down Tao's tender neck. His other hand slipped under Tao's shirt, drawing out a whimper of surprise. Slowly, Kris's fingers danced their way up Tao's lean belly, leaving burning sparks on the pale skin. Tao's breath came fast as the older leaned in, lips brushing the others cheek. The tension and the heat burning the control out of Tao's mind.

      Smirking, Kris opened his mouth and seductively whispered into his ear, "Wake up ya fat ." 

      Somehow, that didn't sound quite right to Tao.

      The dream faded and he opened his blurry eyes to see Baekhyun, standing above him with a pillow in hand, looking ready to give Tao a wack on the head. Throwing up a hand to defend himself, Tao attempted to leap out of his bed, but only succeeded in getting tangled up in his blankets. He fell to the floor in a pathetic heap.

      Cackling, Baekhyun strode out of Tao's room, throwing the pillow back onto his bed on the way out. The young boy lay there for a moment, head swirling from the sudden movement.

      "You have school today, Sir. Better hurry up." The voice came from above Tao, who was still laying on the floor, a little bit fuzzy in the mind. When he didn't respond, two hands reached down and pulled him up by the arms. Slowly, Tao came back to his senses and Kris's face materialized before his eyes. "Are you quite all right, Sir?" He asked, a hint of worry in his voice. His dark, chocolate eyes bored into Tao's, making him even more light headed. Then all of a sudden, Tao's dream came rushing back to him. The way Kris's fingers had brushed his skin, how he had melted to the touch. And how he had been that close to kissing his butler. God, it'd seemed so real.

      Abruptly snapping out of his daze, Tao slapped his hands onto his reddening cheeks and scurried to the bathroom like a little girl. Only letting out a distressed moan before flinging the door shut. Which only left Kris to stare after him in confusion.

      Splashing some cold water onto his rosey cheeks was the only attempt Tao made to clear last night's dream from his head. He brushed his teeth then ran a comb through his hair, trying to get the messy locks to lay somewhat flat. After that, he opened the door and poked his head through to see if Kris was still there. He wasn't, so Tao took the chance to run out to his room, grab his school clothes, and run back to the washroom to change.

      Ten minutes later he was seated at the table wolfing down a sandwich. Swallowing down the last bit of sandwich, Tao grabbed his backpack and ran out the door, yelling a goodbye to his friends. Kris was already waiting outside in the car, as Chanyeol had informed him when he appeared downstairs.

      As Tao plopped down in the front seat beside Kris, he silently prayed that the older wouldn't ask him about the mornings events. But when he turned around, Kris only ran his eyes over Tao, as if inspecting him. They sat there for a moment, awkwardly staring at each other. Then Kris reached out a hand, folded down Tao's collar, and gave him a brilliant smile. Tao turned away, the tips of his ears turning red. "We should probably go. Before I'm late," he murmured.

      The scenery flashed by as they drove along. Light reflected off the car window, making abstract patterns as Tao stared out at the trees that whizzed by. A silence settled in the car and as the minutes passed, the tension built. Finally, when Kris pulled up at the school, Tao already felt like he was suffocating.

      Just as he was about to step out, a voice caught him.

      "I'll be back at three, okay?"

      Tao turned around and nodded once at Kris before climbing out of the car and waving goodbye through the window. Heart thumping in his chest, Tao strode towards the school, willing himself not to look back.

                                                                                                                ****

      The whole day Kris stayed in Tao's head. Whether it was in class or at his locker or at the cafeteria, Kris was there. Tao would try to think of something else, but somehow it would always stray back to Kris. He eventually found that it was very hard to multiply xy to -yxz when he was thinking about running his fingers through Kris's soft, brown locks.

      The school day drew lazily to a close and Tao walked down the hall with his friend, Kai, heading towards the front doors.

      "Omo, do you see him!? He's so handsome!!"

      "Hey, isn't that that rich kid's car?"

       Tao's head jerked around when he heard the girl's squeal. For a moment, he looked around in confusion, not seeing who they were talking about. And then he spotted him.

      He leaned casually against the car, a pair of sunglasses covered his eyes. A small smile played at his lips as he flicked his soft, brown hair out of his eyes. He looked calm as ever and almost indifferent to the girls who batted their mascara coated eyelashes and waved at him. The wind ruffled his jacket, blowing it open in the artistic ways that you would see in a magazine. Kris looked like a movie star.

      "Damnn...he is hot. Any idea who he is?"

      Tao had known that Kai was gay two weeks after they met, but he always assumed his friend wouldn't be into a guy like Kris.

      "That," he said, smiling at Kai, "is my new butler." And with that, he walked away from his friend who was left gaping on the steps, and towards his model of a butler.

      Kris had finally spotted him and had taken off his shades as if to make sure it was really Tao, before waving to him. This, of course attracted the attention of the girls who were still squealing over the handsome stranger, and the guys who were sending him death glares. Tao tried his best to ignore these as he strode towards Kris, eyes flickering around awkwardly. Not quite looking at Kris, but not quite looking away.

      "Hey," Kris said as Tao neared.

      "Hi."

      "So...How was school?" Tao suddenly burst out into peals of giggles, overwhelmed by the awkwardness in Kris's voice.

      "It..was...fine..." He managed to gasp out between his laughter. Kris only raised his eyebrows in mild surprise. Shaking his head, he opened the door for Tao, then got in the driver's seat, all the while whatching Tao cackle like a hyena. The rest of the students stared. Gradually, Tao's laughter came to a wheezing end. Tears had formed in his eyes and his belly hurt from laughing so much.

      "Are you always like this, Sir?"

      Tao shook his head, "No, not usually. It's usually just a few things that you wouldn't think are funny but they just set me off. Like that one time, I was at the food court, and I overheard a couple of guys talking. And one of the guys was all like, 'Dude, what would it be like if we had two '?' But then the another one goes, 'Wouldn't it be cool is there were two s?' And I just about lost it in the food court." Tao giggled at the thought and leaned his head against the window. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Kris smiling as he drove. The corner of his eyes crinkled up and his mouth stretched into a grin, and God did he look gorgeous.

       The rest of the ride was spent in silence, but this time, it was the good kind of silence.

      When they arrived back at the house, Tao stepped inside first, and then immediately stopped. There were noises coming out of Chanyeol's bedroom. Very loud noises. Noises that sounded extremely suspicious to Tao. He shuddered just thinking about what could be going on in there.

      Kris had obviously noticed as well for he had turned a little red in the face. Smiling, Tao grabbed his hand and dragged him to his own room, shivers traveling up his arm from where his and Kris's hands were clasped. Quietly, Tao closed the door behind them. He pulled his butler all the way over to his bed, plopped down on his blankets, and then whispered, "Can you help me with my math homework?"

                                                                                                                ****

      Hours later, after Tao finished his school work, he was happily browsing the net, when he came upon a horror story. So, seeing as he had nothing else to do, Tao opened it and read it, thinking that it couldn't be that bad.

      It was one of the worst decisions of his life.

      That night, he lay in his bed, cold sweat pouring off of him and soaking his blankets. His wide eyes darted around in fear, as if there was something hiding in his room. For how long he stayed like that, Tao didn't know, but after some time, he finally broke through the terror and called for Kris. He knew it was a childish thing to do, but by then, he couldn't think clearly.

      The lights flickered on and Tao could see Kris standing in the doorway rubbing his eyes.

      "What is it Tao?" He came to stand by the younger's bed.

      "I can't sleep..."

Kris put a hand to Tao's forehead and it came away covered in sweat. "But you don't seem sick..." He murmured.

      Tao grimaced, "I'm not sick...I got scared."

      Kris almost laughed, "Scared of what, the dark? Please, you're 19 Tao."

      When the younger only looked away in embarrassment, Kris smiled. "Well, come on then. You can sleep with me tonight." He grabbed Tao's pillow and led the raven haired boy to his room.

      While Kris climbed onto his bed, Tao went to the washroom to change out of his sweaty pajamas and into clean ones. He came back to find Kris lying in bed waiting for him. Quietly, he slipped into his butler's bed and curled up next to Kris, being careful not to get too close. This didn't seem to matter though, as Kris wrapped an arm around Tao and pulled him close. Tao blushed at the close proximity and hid his face in the crook of Kris's neck. That night, he fell asleep listening to the steady beat of Kris's heart and the feeling of the older's gentle fingers running through his hair.

 

AN: ackk ugh so bad. I just, can't.

Anyways, thanks for reading this crap. I'm sorry it's so short, I don't have a lot of time to write.

(I can't believe any of you would actually read this :P)

--EL