I Still Love You

Love Is Just A Word

 Your POV

 "Let's break up." Those words that easily left Eli's mouth made my heart stop. I couldn't believe what he was saying. How could words like those leave his mouth that easily. I looked at him as tears were building up in my eyes. He baerly even looked at me. And when he did, i saw the amused look in his eyes. He had a smirk plastered all over his handsome face. "Oh. Don't tell me you weren't expecting this day to come. You already knew who i was when you started dating me. You knew this day was going to happen anyway." He said laughing lightly. 

  My heart dropped. Yes, i knew he was a playboy when i started dating him. But i thought i could change him. I thought i could melt the coldness in his heart. I couldn't believe my ears. I wanted to believe the same guy who spent the night with me in bed last night was still here. The way he smiled and laughed seemed so real. Those memories that he made with me seemed so real. How could this happen. "W-What are you talking about, Eli..." I asked softly. I was scared, i couldn't deny it. How could Eli change that fast. 

  "Don't you understand? We are over. I got bored of you. You weren't much fun in bed either." Eli said as he pulled out his car keys and walked away from me. The tears that i couldn't contain flowed out. I was so stupid. But i couldn't deny how much i love him. Even now. Even after he took away my everything. My blur sight followed Eli's back. Seeing  him enter his car and got ready to drive away. As more tears poured out, it happened again. I coughed and dropped to my knees. I had serious breathing problems.  Months ago i was diagnosed with Pneumonia. I was going to die in just a matter of months or weeks. Depending on my body. But why does it have to be now. At a place where there wasn't anyone to help me. 

  I saw Eli's car driving further and further away. And soon got out of my sight. I struggled to take some antibiotics and stuff them down my throat.  After taking a few deep breaths i saw my vision getting clearer. I took a big breath and got on my feet. I had to get back home. 

xxx

Eli's POV

  My heart clenched painfully as i drove away in my car. That doesn't normally happen. Whenever i broke a person's heart i would feel pretty good. I wouldn't be sitting here worrying about that person. But this was what i did. As i turn the corner and glance through my mirror, i saw ____ kneeling on the floor. She looked like she was in pain. I was tempted to run to her aid. But what is wrong with me? I wouldn't normally feel this way. I pulled over when i arrived at the destination. I got out of the car, locked it and entered my house. Once inside, i dropped onto my couch lazily. 

  I put my hands on my chest where it still hurts. Why is this happening? I couldn't have possibily fell in love with her could i? No. I couldn't have. But why does it hurt so badly. It felt like someone burned my heart out. There seemed to be a piece of it missing. I looked at the time which chimed at 3pm. I felt tired so i closed my eyes and slept. 

  Monday came and i was back to school. I walked through the school gates with every female student's eyes on me. I am popular in school. I knew that but sometimes it could be pretty annoying. Like now for example. I walked into my class and saw Kevin and ____ talking at the back of the class. They looked pretty serious. Which i wasn't too happy about. I wanted to walk over and pull ____ away from that pretty boy, Kevin. But i resisted. I would look stupid if i did that. After all, everyone knew i broke up with ____ already. 

xxx

Your POV

  "What happened ____, are you sick? You look terribily pale." Kevin asked as i entered the classroom. Kevin is my childhood friend and also my only bestfriend. He is pretty popular in school, about as popular as Eli but he wasn't like him. Kevin is a sweet and loyal guy who only loves one person. He wasn't a playboy like Eli. But Kevin still hasn't dated anyone from school. Everytime i ask him, he just tells me he already has someone in mind. "What happened between you and Eli? Did you guys really break up?" Kevin asked, worried. I like it when he look worried. His eyebrows frowned up cutely and it made me smile. But i couldn't do that a time like this. 

  "Yea..." I answered Kevin as i look away from him. I caught Eli who walked in. My heart jumped a little but then dropped again when he barely threw me a glance. Kevin noticed this byplay and moved closer to me. He interwined his hand with mine. I didn't mind. We have been doing this sort of thing since we were young. His hands were long and slender, even prettier than mine. His hands were also warm so it made me comfortable holding his hands like that. I was deep in thought that i didn't feel my chest hurting. When it became much more painful i coughed and coughed. 

  The whole class were staring at me as i coughed even louder. My hands clench onto my shirt painfully. Kevin swallowed hard as he held my hands tighter. He knew i had Pneumonia. In fact, he is the only person who knew i had this illness. I tried to stand up so i could leave the classroom. I made it a few steps before i collapsed into Kevin's arm.

Eli's POV

  As the scene unfolded in front of my eyes i almost stood up and ran to ____'s aid. But i saw Kevin who catched her before she manage to fall. My heart clenched painfully as i saw him. He carried ____ out of the classroom, bridal style. He was surprisingly much more stronger than i imagined him to be. For someone his size anyway. The teacher entered the classroom and i had no choice but to start concentrating in class. 

  When school ended, i dash out of the classroom and headed to where i could only imagine Kevin would take ____ to, the infirmary. But to my dissapointment, i couldn't find them there. I asked the teacher in charge. 

  "Sir, did ____ and Kevin happen to come here?" I asked politely. The teacher nodded.

  "Yes they did. But ____ had serious breathing problems so we already send her to the hospital." The teacher replied.

  "Which hospital?" I asked. The teacher wrote the address down and handed it over to me. I thanked him and left school. 

  I drove over to the hospital and dash to the ward. I checked the name list and ran to the room which ____ was in. When i bursted through the door i saw Kevin sitting beside the bed, holding her hand. I saw ____'s eyes closed. She was unconscious. When Kevin saw me, he stood up. He walked towards me angrily. I didn't know Kevin could get mad. He never does. 

  "What are you doing here!?" Kevin growled as he push me roughly. I gritted my teeth. 

  "I'm here to see ____" I replied calmly. 

  "Get out of here you piece of scum! You don't deserve to be here!" Kevin shouted as he shove me in the chest. I was shocked at his strength. 

  "Please. Tell me what happened to ____" I begged. Kevin saw the worried look in my eyes and he pulled his hands away from me. He sighed as he resumed his place beside ____ again. I waited for him to talk. 

  "____ is...diagnosed with...Pneumonia. It's pretty serious..." Kevin replied as he grip ____'s hands tightly. My heart dropped dead. Why didn't she tell me she was suffering from some kind of illness. I never knew. I know i've seen her cough sometimes, and it was pretty serious but i didn't really care. I thought it could be some kind of random virus. I looked at the form on the body. She looked so pale. Almost dead. 

  The doctor came in after sometime. "Are you ____'s family member?" He asked. Kevin and i shook our heads. 

  "No. ____ doesn't have a family. We're her friends. But we're close enough." Kevin answered. The doctor had a strange look in his eyes. He asked both of us to exit the room. He looked almost...sorry. 

  "It's already too late. She should have came for treatment months ago. And she could have been saved. But...she's as good as dead right now. Her lungs are already dead and she is on life support right now. We're asking permission to stop her life support." The doctor said. My heart dropped lower than it could. Kevin had tears in his eyes as he agreed with the doctor. When the doctor left, Kevin broke down. I helped him up and pulled him to a chair. I couldn't believe it either. ____ is dead. The reality had hit me so hard that i didn't know what to do. 

  "S-She...told me to give you this..." Kevin said as he dropped a cold metal object onto my hands. I open my hands to look at it. It was the necklace i gave her during her birthday. I felt tears rolling down my cheek. "She said...she love you...and she was sorry she couldn't love you more..." Kevin chocked on his tears. 

  With the necklace in my hands, i close my hands around it. Feeling the warmth from the necklace. I was wrong. I was wrong about ____. I felt sorry for everyone i had hurt. But the one i felt most sorry to is Kevin. Kevin who loved ____ more that the world. And ____ who loved me more than the world. And myself who wasn't able to understand what love meant. 


[A/N] This is a sad story ='( And it's also my first time trying a story like that. So comment your thought and tell me if this story made you cry >.< Or it didn't =p I really have no idea if this is actually a touching story or not >.<