Chapter 14: A last glimpse of the Sun Part 2

Me and my Prince-ss?

The sun rises and fills the palace with warmth and light, the servants were busy catering early visitors and the last minute preparations. The throne room was filled with flowers and and chairs while the grand hall in the west wing is being set up for the festivities after the ceremony. Kim was busy with security of the palace, she wants to overlook it herself, dozens of VIP guests are arriving today and she wants to make sure that everything was in order. She called on the captain of the royal guards and his lieutenants, “Alright men, this is a very special day for our kingdom and Vithara, and for me as well. After years of service to me and my family, I trust you will do your best today. Keep your eyes open for anything out of order, anything. You can report to me or Zee, understood?” “Yes your highness.” They all answered. Zee then found Kim and scolded her “Hey, what are you still doing here? It's your wedding. Get dressed and relax, we'll take care of everything.” Zee pats Kim's back as Kim heads for her room. Meanwhile, in Pie's room, everyone is busy with dressing Pie and fixing her hair and make up. Her mother was very specific with her wedding dress, she assigned the best tailors in Vithara to make it. Puey and Jane were also busy getting dressed as well, they went to Yam's room to check on her and they all stayed there and helped each other with their attires. The hour of the wedding was approaching, Kim has just finished fixing herself. The royal guars knocked on her door, signaling that she needed to go down to the throne room now. She walked nervously down the stairs and found Zee at the bottom. “Ready?” Zee asked. “I'm ready.” They went to the throne room and positioned themselves at the front while the guest sit back and the royal family sits at the first row. Everyone is there, the high priest was in the middle of the the room. Then Pie came with her father escorting her. Everyone was in awe when they saw Pie walked in the middle of the room. She wore a white sleeved, off shoulder dress held together by a corset at her back. She wore a very long veil and inside to hold it was a thin white gold crown that is decorated with blue diamonds, she was holding a bouquet of stargazers and red roses. She walked as if she was floating. Kim's jaws almost dropped at the sight of her. Zee then gave Kim a pat on the back, and she back in reality. When they reached the front, Kim bowed to King Arkom and Pie, so did Zee. King Anapan then gives Pie's hand to Kim “Take care of my daughter.” he whispered to Kim. “I will.” Kim replied as she assists Pie on the stairs and Zee assists King Arkom to their seats. Pie was very nervous, her hands were trembling, so Kim tried to ease the tension. “You look very beautiful Pie.” Kim whispers as the high priest starts the ceremony. Pie smiles and takes a good look at Kim. She was wearing a white tunic with gold dragon patterns together with brown trousers and leather boots. She did not wear any sword and side arm because of their tradition, all of the guests were not allowed to bring or wear any weapon during a wedding, only royal guards are allowed to do so. “You look good too.” Pie then replied. They both smiled at each other and held each other's hands. It was time for the wrapping of coat and hand. The wrapping of the coat with their house sigil signifies that the husband and his house are sworn to protect his wife forever while the wrapping of the hand signifies that they are bound forever, no one not even the gods can separate them. Zee then hands the coat to Kim, it was a red velvet coat with the golden dragon sigil. Kim carefully wraps it around Pie and pins it together with a golden leaf pin. Kim smiles at Pie and then the priest ties their hands together with a white silk cloth. The priest whispers a few prayers then announces the end of the ceremony “You are now forever bound in the eyes on the gods and man. Congratulations your highnesses.” The priest then bowed and they both bowed back. Then they turned around to their family and guests, the guests rose up and clapped as they both bowed. Then someone from the guests jested them to kiss. The both blushed and looked at each other then Kim grabbed Pie's cheek and pulled her towards her and kissed. Pie wrapped her arm on Kim. The crowd cheered as well as their family and friends, Yam too cheered though she felt a deep cut inside, she just hid it and smiled. She was happy for both of them. The couple then walked in the middle of the room as the crowds cheered and toss red and white flowers on them.

 

The wedding festivities. The grand hall was filled to its full capacity and people were laughing and eating. The royal family sat in the front of the hall with the newly weds in the middle. They were both nervous and happy at the same time. Later on, guests start to present their gifts to Pie and Kim until their family and friends gave them their gift. From Jane and Puey, a pearl necklace for Pie and a pearl dagger for Kim. From Yam, a beautiful traditional red and gold dress of Dhiratva for Pie and a wooden flute with gold linings for Kim. Zee and Aunt In gave Pie a music box made with ivory and gold, one of the firsts in the world while Kim received a doubled edged long sword. Newly crafted from the dragon smiths, its blade is the sharpest among any other sword. Finally, the parents of Kim and Pie decided to present their gifts. King Arkom gave Pie and Kim a roll of paper and asked them to open it, it was blue print of a ship. It was their own, waiting for them in the eastern sea borders of Dhiratva. A majestic white wooden ship with luxurious cabins, waiting to take them anywhere in the world.King Anapan then gave them another roll of paper as well, it was a blueprint of a newly constructed palace in the eastern sea border, a summer palace of their own. The couple was very thankful for their gifts and hugged their parents. The evening grows deep and the guests are starting to take their leave and so did Kim and Pie. Kim went to her room first to wait for Pie, then she remembered it was the time for that, Kim panicked, she fixed herself and drank a bit of wine. She didn't know what to do, unknown to her, Pie was in the same dilemma as well. Kim added wood to the fire and took off her belt and boots then sat down on her chair and drank wine. A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door. She opened it and saw Pie in a white silk dress, almost revealing a bit of her cleavage. Kim's face turned red instantly, she lets Pie in her room and offered her to sit on the bed. Kim sits down beside Pie and noticed that her face and ears were red as well.

Kim: “So, um.. H-h-h-how d-do we d-do -t-this?” Kim stutters because of her nerves.

Pie: “I really don't know, though I may have read a bit about it in books.” Pie shyly replies.

Kim: “If you don't want to do it yet Pie, it's alright. I can wait.” Kim caresses Pie's cheek.

Pie: “I want to Kim..” Pie then reaches for Kim's lips and kissed them passionately, Kim then wrapped her arms around Pie and kissed her back. Then Kim lays Pie on the bed and kissed her lips, then her neck. Pie's body becomes really hot almost feverish as Kim went on top of her and slides her hand on Pie's leg undoing the cover of the silk dress and unties the laces on her chest. Kim's touch was as gentle as a butterfly, making Pie breathe deeper and deeper. Then, she kissed Pie on the lips again “I love you.” Kim gave Pie a warm smile. “I love you too.” Pie replies as she brushed Kim's hair back. Then they kissed and expressed their love through their bodies. The full moon shines as snow starts to descend from the heavens again. The cold snowy night was filled with hot passion as the newly weds made love. A last glimpse of the sun.