Chapter 1

Wedding bells

Donghae

--

I've been staring at my reflection for God knows how long. Today is the day. The wedding day. I don't know if I should be excited or nervous. I don't know what to feel.

This is the day when I see her in that dress I'm not sure if I can breath. Today is the day that she'll be the most beautiful girl in the world. Yet I don't feel very well.

I don't know. The last time I saw her I felt my heart jump. And that was back when... I can't really remember. It might be a day, a month or even a year since I last saw her. I guess I'm too distracted by things that's why I lose track of time.

I stepped out of the bathroom and got my coat off the hanger. I put it on slowly but surely of course in front of a mirror so I could see how good looking I am. Sometimes, I'm a bit of a narcissist my friends would say. But really, I'm quite confident yet sometimes shy to strangers.

There I was again staring at myself in the mirror. I examined every detail of my reflection. From the sharp features of my hair to the slickness of my coat. I'm ready. I think so.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard knocks on my door. "Hey dude! Are you ready to go?" Eunhyuk asked.

I pulled my tie which hung at the side of the mirror and began fixing it on my neck. "Yeah,bro. Just fixing some things. I'll come out in a sec."

"Okay,bro. You better bring your camera. There might be chicks there. Who knows,eh?" He friend chuckled.

"Shut up." I laughed softly at his little joke. Wait, was he kidding or... Never mind. I'm thinking like I'm not used to his jokes.

After fixing my tie, I opened my drawer which contained my camera. The camera that made me happy and made me feel sad at the same time. The longer I held it in my hand, the more the bittersweet memories kicked in.

I smiled at the random thoughts that came onto mind. Without this camera, I wouldn't be the Lee Donghae dressed so well right now. I also remembered how that girl I was talking about push me to do amazing stuff with this gadget. And luckily, I got a job out of it.

They said I was good. But I wanted to become better. When I was in the process  of becoming a 'better' photographer, something sad happened between the girl and I. But I don't want to talk about it because I'm the kind of guy who leaves the sad behind.

I checked my bag if I had all what I need is there. My wallet, phone, keys, all the necessities. And of course, the camera to shoot beautiful memories, beautiful sceneries and beautiful ladies. I figured Eunhyuk would like the third one the most.

Before I left my room, I asked myself "Am I ready for all what is to come, what is to see and what is to feel for this day?" My answer? I don't know such a thing as ready.

I walked out of my room and found Eunhyuk talking on the phone. I heard Sari's name. Ah. Park Sari. She's a good friend. A nice coworker and a very talented writer. I just don't understand why she's more complicated than a math equation. Well, I must say I'm not really good at math.

"So who's gonna pick you up? ... No one? Why? ... Of course you have your own car. But..."  He spotted me. "Okay, good luck with that I'm gonna hang up now see ya!"

He stood up from his seat. "Look at you! It's Lee Donghae the groom of the century!"

"Please stop."

"What?! You're not happy that she's going to marry the bachelor of bachelors Lee Donghae?" He had this annoying grin on his face that would probably look better with my fist on it.

"Aish. Come on! Let's just go!"

I swear if he doesn't stop talking it's not his tux that'll get destroyed but his face also.

~~~

Sari

I twirled for the last time feeling like a Disney princess then rushed to get my things outside. A jacket came flying to my direction and I caught it without even blinking. I am such a ninja. A ninja disney princess.

"Nice catch. Now hurry up. I'm taking my car. I have to get something. See ya later." Juri, a friend of mine was surely in a hurry. I don't know whys he is so tensed as if shew as the bride.

I pulled my phone out my favorite messenger bag and dialed Eunhyuk's number.

"Yo!"

"What? You gangster now? Kidding. Your sweetheart isn't driving me to the wedding." I was looking around my apartment to see if everything was okay and then left.

"What? Why?" He sounded a bit worried.

"I don't know." I shrugged and walked to the elevator.

"So who's gonna pick you up?"

"No one."

"No one? Why?"

"I just told you. Is your old age causing your deafness?" I scoffed. "And I have my own car anyways. No worries."

"Of course you have your own car. But..." He paused. This guy is so weird.

"Yeah I have to gas up tho. So I hope I arrive before the ceremony starts. Wouldn't wanna miss it."

"Okay! Good luck with that. Gonna hang up now. See ya!" Then he hung up.

People are in a hurry. And I think I should be, too. Nah. I just wanna take it slow because my work as a writer takes too much pressure with the deadlines and all that stuff. And these heels are human torture.

I wonder why he hung up on me that fast though. Usually he'd ask me for details about what's happening with Juri. Yes, he likes her. And Lee Hyukjae here saw me as an advantage. I'm like his little spy and he pays my coffee for that. Thanks, Eunhyuk.

I decided to gas up at the nearby gas station then drove to the church. When I got there, people were already crowding the entrance of the holy place. I didn't expect these number of people to come.

I parked my car somewhere near and got out with my bag slung on my shoulder. I could see a couple of co-workers from a distance and they saw me too. They waved and I waved back. Good thing I wore my contact lenses.

I greeted people as I passed by them. I may not know some of them but I thought it was better to be polite and at least share a smile today. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey beautiful!" It was Eunhyuk.

"Hi! Well well. Look at you!" I beamed at him and gave him a light hug.

"Look at you. It's like you're not Sari! Oh, I'm sorry milady. You look like someone I know." He teased putting up some kind of accent.

I narrowed my eyes. "Dude, I'm just dressed up."

"I'm gonna tell your boss to make you wear more dresses then."

I slapped his arm nimbly. "No nice articles for people to read then." I saw someone approaching.

"Lee Hyukjae!" The approaching person called.

Eunhyuk turned around swiftly. "Dude, don't call me that in public."

I cleared my throat. "Hey! There's the groom!" I controlled myself from cackling but I couldn't at this time.

"Oh yes! Our groom!" Eunhyuk joined in. "We really congratulate you and best wishes to both of you."

"Thank you." Donghae replied, a frigid expression painted on his face. I guess he dislikes being called the groom. Okay then.

"You look dashing by the way." I complimented to clear the awkward air.

"Thanks." He smiled. "So are you. You look very different."

There was this weird gleam in his eyes when he said that. That gleam whenever the lead actor said something to the lead actress. It's weird. So weird. Made me feel weird. I felt the heat on my cheeks and it made it weirder.

"Thank you." I smiled back and cleared my throat after.

There was a sudden pause when we heard someone exclaim, "The bride is finally here! The bride is here!"

Everyone turned their heads to the car with a pretty halo of flowers attached to its front.

I felt my blood rush through my whole body as I saw the vehicle. In a few minutes, this lucky girl will enter the church and have people's mouth agape. She'd be walking like she has "The most beautiful woman in the world" written all over her. With that thought, I grinned out of excitement.

I thought I heard a gulp from Donghae though.

"I think we should get inside, eh?" Eunhyuk suggested. And so we went inside.