A Dream or Reality?

Marble White Skin

**English is NOT my first language** If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, just tell me, okay? Thanks!
 

First Person POV

 

I ran as fast as I could through the dark and scary forest, I glanced hurriedly back and what I saw made my heart beat even faster. He was still behind me, and he just kept getting closer and closer. He didn’t even run, he didn’t have to, with that inhuman speed of his, he just walked with resolute and I was his aim. The pure white marble skin glittered in the moonlight and he beared his sharp fangs.
 

I could feel his hunger from those blood-red eyes. I ran and suddenly I stumbled on a branch, damn, my heart went crazy, I glanced back and he was right behind me, I screeched and everything turned black.


I slowly opened my eyes. I looked down on my body which was all covered in dirt, my leg hurt and my head ached. I leaned against the wall and coughed. Blood came out.


I looked around the unfamiliar room and guessed that I most have been bought here by Him. The room was old and dirty, there were a lot of cobweb hanging around in the corners and the curtains were worn out. I saw a painting on the wall but it was all just black and the frame was also black, it was very strange.
The only furniture in the room was a worn out wooden chair.


Suddenly the door slammed open.
He stood there again. The hair was in a mess and his jaw was strained, his eyes were shining in an intense color of blood – I would have guessed it because of the sight of my blood on the floor – and if I hadn’t been so scared for my life I would’ve wondered how someone can be this handsome.
And that’s when I -really- looked at him. He had a strong jawline, beautiful intense eyes, marble white skin, brown messy hair and a muscular body. I couldn’t take my eyes away from him and the fear slowly crept away. Or so I thought, because the fear came back two times stronger than before just by hearing his voice. His dark, husky voice.


‘’Hello Cutie’’ he says. My heart was beating like crazy from fear and adrenalin but I’m sure it was also beating a little bit for excitement, embarrassment and something else I couldn’t describe at the moment.


 He came closer and closer until his head was right next to mine. He grabbed my neck, looked me straight in the eyes and drilled in his sharp fangs.....


‘’AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!’’ I woke up. ‘’oh thank god it was only a dream’’ I whispered as I found myself in bed. I was all sweaty and took sharp intakes of deep breaths. I tried to calm myself by reassuring myself that it was only a dream.


When my breath returned to normal I looked around the familiar room and my eyes got fixed on the clock. 8.10, it read. The clock was 8.10.                               8.10!!!!         School starts in ten minutes!! I tossed on my clothes and ran out. I kept running and running but suddenly I stopped.
Something felt very strange; it felt like somebody was watching me. I ignored the feeling, mumbling to myself to stop being so paranoid because of a dream. So I started running again. The feeling was back, it was more intense than before. I literally could feel someone’s eyes on my neck. I stopped again and I looked around.


The streets were empty as the adults would probably be at their workplaces right now and the children and teens in school. I turned around to the other side and I saw a black expensive looking car, it stood out in this middle-class neighborhood. I ignored the strange car and proceeded to go to school. But the feeling never went away. This time, as I felt myself growing angry at myself for acting like this, I stopped and turned around, again. The streets were still empty and the car was still there.


‘What the hell is wrong with you Hyukjae?’ stop acting like a silly paran….Wait what….. the car? I looked back and the car was still behind me, at the same distance as before! I had managed to walk some distance, how come it’s still as close to me as before.
 

I moved closer to it and I know, I know, ¨Curiosity killed the cat¨ but I really had to know. I stopped at a distance where I could see the driver and, in case anything happened, run away. I looked inside and …… the driver stared at me with those hungry blood-red eyes. His marble white skin glittered in the morning light. It was Him.  ‘’Hello Cutie’’