Chapter 1

Tag with a Shred of Lucky Happiness

Chapter One: First Misunderstanding


[9:30am in the Suvarnabhumi Airport]

Early in the morning, the cold breezy air blow through the teenager's hair as she shivers to keep herself warm. 

Tina: Ok, he is 30 minutes late... I'm just going to get a taxi.

The sound of the wind whooshing louder by the minute, knocking her gray luggage over. She quickly pulls her toque down to cover her ears and clumsily button up his black military coat. While she is having trouble buttoning up with her sunglasses on, a lady from behind knocks her right into the big puddle of dirty water. The lady screams "Bobo...Bobo stop."

Tina: HEY!..You..You...

Aom drops to the floor, rushes to get herself back up, and pats the dust off her coat. Bobo barks excitedly as he tries to break free of the leash Aom is holding tightly.

Aom: Oh.. sorry.

After saying sorry, she grabs her white luggage and runs to catch the nearest available taxi. Tina picks herself up and seizes the pack of Kleenex out of her pocket to dry her coat. While she is wiping her face in frustration, she noticed that the lady dropped a silver charming bracelet on the floor. She picks it up and quickly chases after the taxi, leaving her luggage behind on the departure platform sidewalk.

Tina: STOP! STOP! huhhh... STOP! STOP!...Wait..wait...wait stop.

Aom to the taxi driver: Please, get me to 245th 2nd Financial Ave Bangkok.

Taxi: Okay Miss.

Aom is busily reapplying her makeup and talking over the phone, not noticing Tina chasing after their tails for a little over 2 miles.

Bobo: WOOF.. RUFF. WOOF...WOOF WOOF...

Aom covering her phone: Bobo! Hush!

Bobo: bow wow wo bowwww woo...

Aom on the phone: ok. ok. mommy I am almost home.

Tina bend over with her hands on her knees, stopped in the road out of breath with sweat dripping down her face.

Tina screaming between breaths: That LADY and the TAXI DRIVER must be blind and deaf. If I know they wouldn't stop, I wouldn't have to run all this way. Oh.... wait. Am I missing something? Oh, no. My luggage. Damn!

She anxiously turns around and runs back to the departure platform just to find out that her luggage is nowhere to be found. Tina slaps her forehead with her left hand.

Tina: Oh God. I really need a break.

Mr.Jittaleela saw his daughter breaking down on the sidewalk, got out of his black Mercedes- Benz CLA class and scurries to her side.

Mr.Jittaleela: What happen?

Tina: Pa, today is such a good day. I just had all the exercise that I needed in a lifetime thanks to you for being late.

Mr.Jittaleela: uh... let's go home. I am going to make you your favorite panang gai and jim jum.

Tina: You said that you will make gang jued and kao na phet last time. Kai jiew moo saap and kao niew moo yang the time before that. Moo dad diew, yam khor moo yang, and kao mok gai the time before that time...

Mr.Jittaleela: I am sorry sweetheart, but you are the one who said my cooking is terrible and it is like eating a piece of wood.

Tina: Huh! What I need right now is not food, it is rest. Just get me home Pa.

Mr.Jittaleela smiles and holds out his hand. He help Tina up and they did not said anything else until they were one quarters of the way home.

Mr.Jittaleela: oh where is your things?

Tina: I lost them to a long taxi race.

Mr.Jittaleela: hum?

Tina did not answer her dad, she just took a bottle of water from the car and gulp it down as she tries to open another bottle.

Mr.Jittaleela: lost them in a race, then what is the big luggage in the trunk?

Tina: Pa, you got it.

Mr.Jittaleela: I recognize it from your last trip. Do you have anything fragile inside?

Tina: No, why ask that?

Mr.Jittaleela: I thought I heard a smashing sound when I dropped it as I was breaking my back trying to get it in the trunk.

Tina: It shouldn't be too heavy.

Mr.Jittaleela: It was heavy, what did you have inside?

Tina: I got a few new guns on my trip to California. The Nighthawk T4. It has very nice accuracy.

Mr.Jittaleela: I prefer the .45ACP from Smith & Wesson over the Nighthawk T4. It has better precision. Sweetheart, are you sure you want to join my security firm? The government is offering you a position as the personal guard in the royal guard regiment.

Tina: If I take that offer, I will be on patrol 24/7 for the next five years. It will be easier if I stay with my old pa.

Mr.Jittaleela: Wow, you got a hell of an ambition my sweet heart.

Tina smiles at his Pa's sarcastic statement.

[Jittaleela's Residence]

Tina: Oh, finally home.

Mr.Jittaleela: Maria, help Ms.Jittaleela get her things upstairs and unpack them.

Maria: Yes Sir. Welcome home Ms.Jittaleela.

Tina: How are you doing Maria?

Maria: I am doing good. Ms.Jittaleela, you look tired. It must be the long plane trip. Simba misses you very much.

Tina: Oh yeah, where is she? She must miss me so much.

Maria: She is taking her daily swim in the pool. Tek(butler) is drying her up right now.

Tina signs and stretches herself on the couch. One moment on the couch, starting to go into a deep sleep, Tina suddenly heard Simba coming from afar. Tek chases after her with a big towel in his hands.

Simba: ROAR....ROAR...ROAR

Simba sits right next to Tina in the living room and roars while she flicks all the water off her fur onto Tina. Tek wraps the towel around Simba and rubs her head with the end.

Tina: pu..pu..pal. Simba you are all wet. I miss you girl.

Tina hugs her tiger pet as Simba purrs in her embrace.

[Manaying's Residence]

Aom get off the taxi as Bobo jumps out. Mrs. Manaying is waiting at the front door with two of the house maids with her hands stretch out for a hug.

Aom: Mommy, Are you doing alright? You got me all worried, what did the doctor said?

Mrs.Manaying: I am doing fine, your uncle Taksin is just exaggerating about my condition. There are no new prescriptions, my condition is stable.

Aom: You need to be cautious of what you eat. Did mommy ate anything fatting?

Maid: Mrs.Manaying did not eat anything too fatting since the cook was fired. Everything Mrs.Manaying  eats is prepared according to the nutritionist.

Aom: Did daddy come home yet?

Mrs.Manaying: Your daddy is still in a meeting in Rayong. He have to go to a conference in Toronto right after that.

Aom: What is more important than you mommy?

Mrs.Manaying: Let's talk inside. Anna, bring the luggage to Aom's room and prepare her a bath.

Aom: Anna, don't unpack my stuff yet. I have something fragile inside, I am going to unpack myself.

Anna: Yes Madam.

Bobo: Whoof.

Mrs.Manaying: Oh, we must not forget Bobo's bath as well.

Mrs.Manaying holds Bobo up and snuggles her head with her nose.

[Manaying's Dining Room at 8:00pm]

Mrs.Manaying touching her daughter's hand: How's school dear?

Aom: Ou.

Mrs.Manaying: What's wrong?

Aom looking at palm: oh I scratch myself  this morning after I got off the airplane. I bump right into someone and we both fell to the floor. He....no she..that guy got all dirty.

Mrs.Manaying: oh, the skin is ripped. Anna, get the first aid kit.

Anna: Yes Madam.

Anna went to fetch the first aid kit right after she put down the dish that is about to be served.

Aom: mommy, it's ok. It's no big deal. Wait, where is my bracelet?

Mrs.Manaying: Did it came off your wrist when your fell?

Aom: it gotta be, what can I do now? Should I report it lost to the police?

Mrs.Manaying: Why go through the trouble? I'd get a new one.

Aom: But that is my high school graduation present from you and daddy. Maybe we could see if that guy picked it up...but...but I don't even know his name.

Mrs.Manaying: Don't be upset, you probably left it in your room.

Aom: yes, I could have left it in my luggage. I will check it out after dinner.

[After dinner in Aom's room at 9:00pm]

Aom is alone in her room, unlocking her luggage. Oh what is wrong with this lock! After several attempts to unlock the luggage, Aom got frustrated and called Paul (butler) to get the lock cutter.

Paul: My lady, it is all set.

After Paul left the room, Aom opens the luggage to find it fill with boy's cloths and a few pair of pistols.

Aom: This is not my stuff, who's stuff is this and where are my things?

 


Hi Readers,

This is the 1st chapter, how is it? Please criticize on it. Is it too short? I really do not know how many words would be considered the most appropriate length for a chapter since what I have seen from other stories, the length of a chapter can range from 1,300 - 8,000 words. I am also making up the plot as I write so I do not know what will happen next. Do feel free to throw out any ideas you have. I will try to update soon. Thank you.