2

Star Cut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae thought of himself as lucky. Ever since he was a kid, good things have happened to him out of the blue-being born into a wonderfully supportive family, finding money on the streets, winning a scholarship to his dream college, even meeting the most awkwardly perfect friends.

When he turned 21, the luckiest of his lucky events occurred. Kim Jongdae was scouted to be a singer.

But right now, with a renowned-representative/notorious-slave-driver leaning over him, Jongdae thinks his luck has run out.

"Um...What?"

Joonmyeon's eyes twinkled with amusement.

"I said," he smiled as he his dry lips, "Strip."

A cough sounded through the room as Minseok pushed his friend off the trainee. Luhan rolled his eyes, crossing his arms silently.

"He means that you need to change into this." the choreographer instructed and tossed a bag of clothes on the bed.

Jongdae remained speechless for a moment before looking at the plastic bag, to Minseok, to Luhan, then finally to Joonmyeon. He opened his mouth to say something, but an overwhelmed squeak is the only thing that escaped his lips.

"What-Why-How'd you get in here?" he finally settled.

The representative shrugged before dangling a string of keys in the other's face. The thought 'Oh yeah, he's my boss' rang in Jongdae's mind as he facepalmed himself.

"We've got a meeting with President Wu and the others in..." Luhan glanced at his watch, "Now."

~~~

30 minutes and a hurricane of confusion later, Jongdae, Joonmyeon, Minseok, and Luhan were seated across from President Wu Yifan, Stylist Park Chanyeol, and Photographer Huang Zitao. Secretary Yixing stood off to the side, already wishing he could leave.

"G'morning, everyone." Zitao smiled, ignoring the tense atmosphere.

Chanyeol smiled back warily, taking note of Yifan and Joonmyeon's stare down.

"Good morn-"

"Why is he dressed like that?" Yifan growled, his head motioning to Jongdae's bedraggled appearance, "This was supposed to be a formal occasion!"

The other laughed in shock and everyone sighed. 3, 2, 1-

"Not everyone can do their hair and makeup in 10 minutes, Kristina."

"Oh, especially not you, Mr. It-takes-me-a-ing-hour-to-get-ready-for-bed-because-I-own-more-skin-care-products-than-I-have-had-lovers." Yifan retorted venomously.

Heartbeats h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter