Over Analyzing (2/3)

Fandemonium

Daehyun is browsing the internet on his phone when he notices it.

Bangdae hate each other!?Evidence of discord between Yongguk and Daehyun

He reads the small blurb and frowns. Did Yongguk hate him? Surely that was wrong, the elder had never shown signs of that but…was Yongguk avoiding him?

He did kind of dote on the dongsaengs, all except for… him. He reads through more posts and replies, analyses of their recent appearances and old videos and then he stops.

Daehyun’s eyes widen.

Yongguk hates him.

*             *             *

Daehyun goes about setting up an account on one of the message boards and starts a post entitled “Bangdae?”

It’s the moment of truth.

Did anyone see the latest behind the scenes? Bangdae never talk! And Yongguk basically ignored Daehyun which I don’t understand at all because Daehyun is just so good looking and likable. What do you think that means?

He doesn’t have to wait long for a dozen or so responses to immediately light up the board, ranging from angry (Who the hell are you, spewing this bull? YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING, SO STFU!) to sad (IDK, I LOVE Bangdae and this is breaking my heart!), but the one that catches Daehyun’s eyes is the most coherent .

Obviously that loudmouth must have done something to piss Yongguk-oppa off.

Daehyun sighs sadly and shuts the device down. But what had he done?!

*             *             *

Yongguk is sitting across from Daehyun at the table, idly eating a bowl of ramen as he reads the paper. He looks up to see the vocal staring right at him and he blinks. “Something wrong, Daehyun?”

Daehyun shakes his head and goes back to pushing his food around on his plate. That’s a first, Yongguk thinks. Normally Daehyun’s plate would have been practically clean by now.

Yongguk puts down his chopsticks and focuses fully on the younger man. “Are you sure? You look upset about something.”

Daehyun seems to contemplate something before speaking, “Hyung. Whatever I did to make you hate me, I’m sorry. I’ll do better.”

“Um…”

“Is it because I’m too loud? I know I talk too much, and you’re kind of a quiet guy, but I didn’t think it bothered you so much. Or is it because I jump in when we do interviews? I swear I’m not trying to be a camera hog, I just get real excited! Do I eat too much? Are we running out of money because of it? Please don’t hate me hyung!”

Yongguk is beyond confused. He reaches out and grabs one of Daehyun’s flailing hands, “Dae, calm down. I don’t hate you. Who told you that?”

Daehyun pauses, “Um…the, um…internet?”

“The internet.” Yongguk deadpans.

“Yes. Well. People were talking about how little we interact and how you always talk to or touch the others, but never me, and I thought…” Daehyun’s voice trails off because it does kind of sound stupid when he says it out loud.

“Dae, we interact all the time.  Like right now. Just because you don’t see it played back on camera doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. And why would you even pay attention to any of that when you know the truth?”

Daehyun pouts, “They made very convincing arguments!  With pictures and stuff!”

*             *             *

Youngjae had sworn not to read any more things about himself or B.A.P on the internet, not after that one time he stumbled upon a photo edit of him and Junhong very entangled and very .

But what the hell, it’s not like he had anything better to do. He’d just avoid searching his own name this time.

He thumbed through the various pages of fan taken pictures, comments, stuff about Himchan, stuff about Yongguk, stuff about Himchan and Yongguk and-

Oh.

Yongguk does smile a lot more around Himchan. Himchan does seem to be just a little infatuated with Yongguk. They’re in love, the fans say. Practically married.

“Youngjae, we’re back! We wouldn’t have taken so long if Gukkie here hadn’t lost the keys. Honestly.”

“As if. We would have been here hours ago if we stopped after the tenth store you wanted to go in.”

Himchan shakes his head and pokes one of Yongguk’s cheeks, “So young, so much to learn.”

Yongguk brushes the other man off and scowls, but the expression morphs into a small grin as soon as Himchan turns away. As they walk to the bedroom, Youngjae snaps out of his daze and gasps.

They are married.

*             *             *

Youngjae becomes so obsessed with the romance that is Banghim that he writes up an entire ship manifesto on their relationship with pictures, videos and quotes attached. It’s truly a work of art. He had almost included private moments that wouldn’t have been known to anyone outside of B.A.P, if it weren’t for Daehyun’s helpful proofreading.

He publishes the entire thing under the username BrainInABox on the same forum that Daehyun had joined. They sit together and laugh at the excited fangirling that takes place after it’s posted.

“Yongguk-hyung and Himchan-hyung really are basically married, though.” Youngjae says as he scrolls through the board. Daehyun sits beside him, leaning into his side with their legs nearly entangled.

“Yeah. Can you imagine being like that?”

“Tch, never.” Youngjae closes the device and puts it aside, curling around Daehyun as they both settle down for a nap.

Daehyun pats the youngers head and draws a blanket up around them, “How embarrassing would that be?”

Youngjae scoffs and buries into the crook of the elder’s neck, “So embarrassing.”


Hey guys, so here's part two of this silly little thing.