Shipping (1/3)

Fandemonium

I'm going to be doing this in three parts. By the time this fic is done I hope to have mentioned/hinted at every possible ship in B.A.P. I also hope it's funny, really the entire idea stemmed from one line that I wanted to use because the idea made me laugh so much. It's going to be the last line in the entire fic. 

Also, thanks to those that subscribed already! I'm glad you have such faith in me.


All ships have set sail...

 

Fan fiction. They knew it existed, of course, but this was the first time Himchan was actually looking through some on a popular site. He’d just finished reading a short story about Daehyun and Youngjae, chuckling at how amusing it was to imagine them as a couple, when he starts to really think about it. It was weird, but…

“You know…” Himchan starts, squinting at Daehyun and Youngjae squabbling over the game controller on the floor of their living room, “They kind of would make a cute couple.”

Yongguk, curled up on the couch, raises a brow, “Who? Them?”

Himchan nods, “Daejae. That’s what fans call them.”

“You mean Double Trouble.” Yongguk observes the two vocals, who have now paused as Daehyun combs through the strands of Youngjae’s hair, fixing the parts that were trussed up during their tussle. Youngjae sighs happily at the feeling and leans back against the elder, argument long forgotten as they murmur softly to each other.

Yongguk stares.

“Huh.”

*             *             *

Himchan giggles, “Did you see that?”

“They’re practically holding hands.” Yongguk discreetly peeks over the screen of his tablet to eye the pair of vocalists.

“Ah, our dongsaengs are so cute.”

Yongguk frowns mildly when Junhong joins them; invading personal space and making sure his long limbs cause a nuisance. “Youngjae’s been paying more attention to Junhong lately, though.”

“Mm, but Younglo’s cute too. And there’s something about Daejong, you know?” Himchan grins as he says this.

“Yeah. But Daejae is obviously meant to be.”

Himchan scoffs, “Really, Yongguk? They’re sweet and everything but they’re kind of more like a brotp, aren’t they? I think Younglo is legit.”

Yongguk’s frown deepens, “Are you kidding? Daejae is DAEJAE. The vocal/visual line of everyone’s dreams and just look at them.”

Himchan’s eyes flicker over to where Youngjae is squishing Daehyun’s cheeks together as the elder continues to try and talk. He elects to ignore this, “Whatever, you’re delusional.”

“…I know them! And just last week you were all about Daejae.”

Himchan rolls his eyes, “That was before I realized that Younglo is meant to be! Can’t you see how jealous Junhong gets when Daejae is interacting?”

A pause. Yongguk shifts, “What if he’s jealous because of Daehyun?”

Himchan is silenced as he considers this new possibility, “You mean…”

Yongguk nods gravely, “Daelo.” There is a pause and the two hyungs ponder their predicament, “This is hard, there are too many pairings. Unless…”

Himchan’s eyes sparkle, “Multiship?”

“Multiship.”

Himchan smiles happily, beaming about all the new shipping possibilities that were now open to them. “Hey, Guk-ah? Who do you ship me with?”

Yongguk squints at the other for a bit, considering.”Daehyunnie? Or Jonguppie.”

“What, why? I mean I get the Jongup part, but that one?” Himchan gestures to where Daehyun is stuffing his face with chips and raises an unimpressed brow.

Yongguk shrugs, “You’re always pushing and pulling. Like Tom and Jerry. It’s obviously .”

“…Dae’s hot, I can live with that.”

“What about me?”

“That’s easy. Youngjae.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, he’s all cute and bubbly, and you’re all burdened, dark artist. You can read newspapers together and like, be all smart. And then bang.”

Yongguk thinks about it and then nods. He continues to browse fan fiction on his phone until something catches his eyes, “Hey Channie, look at this, what’s ‘OT6’?”

*             *             *

The rest of B.A.P look over when they hear Yongguk and Himchan burst into a random bout of manly squealing and giggles.

“What the hell is up with hyungs?” Junhong asks. He’s comfortably snuggled between Youngjae and Daehyun as Jongup curls up on Daehyun’s other side. They pass a bag of chips between them as they switch their gazes from the TV to their hyungs who are excitedly gesturing between them, talking in hushed voices.

Daehyun shrugs, “Who knows. Must be a Banghim thing.”

Youngjae nods, “They’re so in love it’s disgusting.”