Chapter 3

The Wolf, the Vampire and the Demon

“You’re mine now, Mi Sun” he smiled smugly down at Mi Sun, knowing he had won. She was his now and there was nothing she could do about it. He loved how vulnerable she looked; it was like staring into the eyes of a victim for eternity.

“So you never did tell me what your name is” Mi Sun said nervously, not knowing how he would react. It was like watching a ticking time bomb waiting for it to explode.

“I find it’s more mysterious when I don’t have an identity, makes me feel more powerful” he smirked in a corrupt way, like a psychopath.

“So you’re not going to tell me?”

“Maybe… I’ll see how I’m feeling” he chuckled almost inaudibly.

The vampire boy took Mi Sun by surprise, his icy lips colliding with hers. He bit on her lip whilst kissing her, his hands planted on her waist. His fangs pierced into her bottom lip, blood seeping through the small holes gently. His fingers dug into her waist as he gave no sign of restraining himself. She was pushed backwards her body pressing forcefully into the wall with a loud thud and a cry from her back. His tongue came to swipe the blood from her lip, the coppery taste making his taste buds dance in satisfaction. His lips continued their mission, the pink flesh moulding with hers as he pushed closer to her roughly. The blood from her lip swiped across his own, smearing further as he moved his lips at a faster pace. She twisted slightly, nails scraping at her waist as her hips moved slightly to the side. His hands pressed harder, waist restricted against the wall and body frozen as his lips continued their assault. Heat spread through him, lips burning as he continued to kiss the warm-blooded girl. He pulled his lips away slowly, a huge grin on his face. He looked at the susceptible girl, lips tarnished with her own blood. She was breathing haphazardly, beads of sweat on her forehead. He had his palms pressed against the wall either side of her body, trapping her.

“That was fun” he laughed as he spoke.

“Stay away from me” Mi Sun said, still breathing oddly.

“I don’t think you want me to” he said, a twisted look spread across his perfect face. “I’m Luhan by the way. Now we’ve been… acquainted…I feel like you should know”.

 

Luhan’s P.O.V:

She was so innocent until now…until I corrupted her. I didn’t only need her now, I craved her. Craved not only the taste of her blood, but her kiss. No wonder Kai was so in love with her, she’s an amazing human being. I’ve never been in love for my entire vampire existence. After my lover was killed in a tragic accident that caused me to be this hideous creature, I swore I would never love again. But I’m not sure if I can resist Mi Sun. I know deep down she feels the same way too, I felt something when we kissed. Nobody can act like that. I felt it deep in my unbeating heart. If my heart still functioned, I’m sure it would be beating rapidly.

I can hear her heart though. The steady rhythm drumming to the beat of our kiss. The sound is quite soothing and the only thing to be heard in this room. It had been years since I had listened to a human heart beat. My victims are never around long enough for me to pay attention. And none are as intriguing as her, so they’re not worth wasting my time on, even though it’s not going to run out any time soon.

Mi Sun’s P.O.V:

Still not a word was said by either of us. We shared the silence, letting the tension lessen. I wasn’t sure what to say. Now was the first time I had really looked at Luhan. I guess that rumour about vampires being perfect was true. His golden hair flopped effortlessly to one side, covering his right eyebrow. It looked silky and I had to stop myself from touching it. His red eyes were staring intently at me, his fangs on display. Suddenly his fangs were put away and his eyes turned back to a deep brown, glistening under the light coming through the small, square window on the other side of the room. I noticed a small ring on his right hand, it had a sapphire jewel in the middle and was a clean silver. It had a mysterious pattern on it and I found myself captivated. The diamond was sparkling, light reflecting onto the wall next to me.

“What’s that ring?” I asked Luhan.

“It’s my daylight ring. It’s how vampires go out in during the day without the sun sizzling our flesh and killing us” he replied.

“Well it’s very beautiful”.

An awkward silence fell upon us again. He didn’t say much.

“We should go back, the guys will be wondering where I took you” he said. “You can come and meet everyone”.

I felt a lump appear in the back of my throat. The last thing I wanted was to meet more vampires. I was just about done with supernatural creatures by now. Luhan took my hand in his and led me out of the room and down the dark, narrow corridor. When we got back to the main room it was considerately lighter than before and I could actually make out people’s faces. When we arrived I saw 5 more bloodsuckers stood in a line, all watching me in anticipation as if I were an actor on stage and they were my audience. It was quite creepy actually, it felt like they were draining my blood with their eyes.

“This is the rest of the Exo-M vampire clan. This is our leader Kris.” Luhan introduced the first member. Kris walked slowly towards me. He was much taller than Luhan, I found it very intimidating especially because he could remove every single drop of blood from my body in under a minute. He had messy blonde hair and a square jaw. He was very masculine compared to Luhan who, despite his villainous personality, had an almost cute exterior. Kris picked up my hand and kissed it, a tingling feeling travelling up my arm, before walking back to his original place.

“This is Tao, our maknae” another tall boy walked towards me. This one also had blonder hair, but it was less scruffy and more of a white blonde. He smiled at me, one corner of his mouth lifting. His almost black eyes were hypnotising. He bowed then returned to his spot next to Kris.

“This is Chen”. Chen was considerably shorter than the other two boys and had caramel colour hair. His smile was much less menacing, you would never think he was such an evil creature, he still looked very human like.

“This is Xiumin” this one was extremely cute, even by human standards. He has neat, yet still scruffy, gingery brown hair swept across his forehead to one side. He too took my hand gently and kissed it, then winked cutely before backing away.

“And lastly, this is Lay, our clan healer” Lay had brown-red hair and an almost innocent smile. He waved shyly at me, clearly not as confident as the other vampires. There was something boyish about his lack of confidence.

“Welcome to our humble home” Luhan said, a wide smirk sketched upon his lips.