Raining Hearts

Raining Hearts

Myungsoo had been planning this date forever.

You had been dating him for around 10 months now, so this was your first Valentine's Day together. You expected to follow Korean tradition and present him with a gift of candies and chocolates knowing that you would recieve your candies the next month on White Day. This just added an eLement of surprise to what Myungsoo had planned for you. 

The idea had come to him one day in late July of last year. You were in America together, visiting your parents and celebrating your birthday. Your parents had put together a big slideshow of your entire life thus far. Myungsoo watched eagerly, trying to absord every moment of your childhood. You blushed as a few embarrassing pictures appeared on the screen. He couldn't contain his laughter at these pictures. He clapped and laughed like a seal, but when he saw how embarrassed you were, he put a protective arm around you and pet you softly to make up for his outburst. Of course this lead to some soft kissing, your arms sneaking around his neck to pull him in closer. He pecked your lips a few times before placing one long, breathtaking kiss. His lips lingered, brushing against yours after the kiss. You lips stretched in a smile against his. Your parents had glared at the appearance of the sudden love-fest and paused the slideshow. Myungsoo noticed first and burned bright red, stuttering out a mortified apology. You didn't really care and wrapped both arms around his waist as you resumed watching the slideshow. Myungsoo, however kept his hands to himself for the most part after this incident.

Soon pictures of you from highschool began showing up. He smiled seeing you dressed up for your first prom. He snickered at the pictures of you, exstatic, about to see their concert for the first time. Soon a picture of you popped up on a date....with someone other than Myungsoo. You were utterly embarrassed that he was seeing a picture of you with another guy. You averted your eyes. Myungsoo's remained glued to the screen. Some part of him sizzled with jealousy, but mostly he was consumed by curiosity. He saw that you were very happy with this boy and he was clawing to find out what made you happy. He wanted to make you that happy. No. Happier.

The picture showed you and your boyfriend at the time dressed up. You were going out to see a play together. The adorable thing about the picture was that he had placed candles along the walkway and created a heart out of petals on your porch. The two of you had stood right behind it for the picture.

When he saw that picture, Myungsoo immediately got the idea. He knew what he had to do for you on your first Valentine's Day together.

Flashforward to February 14th. Myungsoo had told you that you would go on a date together. He hadn't said anything else. Just a date. He picked you up at 3PM, said to expect to be back late. You didn't know what to expect, but you trusted him.

In the car ride he held your hand while driving and kissed it occasionally. He looked nervous, but he made normal conversation. He asked about work, if the kids were behaving themselves; he wanted to know all about the students, the workplace, if you like the job. He asked about how your Japanese studies are going. He asked if you wanted to practice Japanese with him for a little while, so you conversed in Japanese for a bit, but eventually switched back to Korean because both of you were more comfortable in it. After a 25-30 minute drive you arrived at a beautiful shopping mall. You hadn't been there before, but you'd seen it on the road when traveling. Myungsoo jumped out of the car and sprinted to the other side to open your door for you. You smirked a little to yourself at how dorky he looked, but then softened to a smile when you thought of how much effort he puts into making you happy. He offered you his arm and you rested your hand in the crook of it, nuzzling his shoulder with your head a bit. He kissed the top of your head affectionately.

It was not until you took his arm that you realized that he was wearing such springy colors. He wore some name brand, nicely ironed, dark-wash jeans with a pink button up, a white blazer and his favorite white sneakers. He looked like.....He looked like a cherry blossom. It was really adorable. You stopped him just to give him a kiss on the cheek and then kept walkuing. The sunshine warmed your face and you felt happy. Happier than you'd felt in a long time. You kissed him again. This time he stopped you and made you face him so he could plant a big kiss on your glossy, pink lips. You were only slightly aware that you were right in the middle of a parking lot. Whatever part of you was aware, didn't care if you got hit by a car and killed. You felt warm tingles throughout you chest and all over your skin. Something about the way he kissed you, the was he held you, the way he carressed your hair softly made you feel loved in a way you never thought you'd understand. You felt like you could belong to him. You weren't grasping and reaching nor forcing love. It just was and the two of you could only see each other, hear each other, feel each other. You could only express you love for one another and that's all you had to do. He broke off the kiss abruptly. 

Real physical pain set in as you were suddenly deprived of the kiss. You looked at him, upset, but were unable to remain mad once you met his eyes. Not to save your life. 

"Let's go in and shop" he said with a wink. You took his arm again and the two of you walked into the mall. 

You went into a high end women's clotheing shop. You told him that you didn't need such nice clothes, but he insisted, threatening you jokingly. 

You looked around, half bored, occasionally pulling out a shirt or skirt only to put it back and walk along. Myungsoo, however, was having a lot of fun. He pulled out a flowy green top and held it up to you. He twisted his head this way and that before finally nodding and placing it in a little hand-held shopping basket. Only after repeating this process with several other clothing items did he ask you if you were alright with the clothes he was picking. He has impecible style, so of course the answer was going to be yes, but it annoyed you slightly that he was only then asking. You pushed it aside. That would do it for now, you agreed and you headed toward the changing room, basket of clothes in hand.

You entered the changing room and immediately discarded your clothing. You took a little time to admire your body in the mirror before trying on some clothes. You had been working really hard to get in shape and you were probably in your best condition yet at that point. You were proud of your body. You looked down at your basket and saw how many outfits were in there. Better start working through these, you decided.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo was waiting patiently for you to get changed and admiring a display of sunglasses. The saleswoman noticed the hottie and made her way toward him. 

"Can I help you find anything? Maybe my number?" she snickered. He gave her a cold look, but she brushed it off. "You look incredible in this," she pressed "I can only imagine how good you'd look out of it" she continued with a smirk, tracing the seam of his sleeve with her finger. He glared at her, clearly annoyed. Just then you emerged from the changing room in a sky blue babydoll dress. His face beamed with relief and joy. He bounded toward you, cupping your face and kissing you unexpectadly. You were confused, but let him kiss you. He kept his lips against yours for several seconds, tunring his head slightly and nuzzling his head against your cheek slightly.

He pulled away and smiled at you. He threw a cold look over his shoulder at the sales lady before taking a couple steps back to admire you.

He smiled, biting his thumb nail a bit, clearly pleased. He told you to spin, asked if you liked it. You did. "Give it to me." he reached out his hands.

"I'm still wearing it!" you said laughing.

He smirked  "Oh yeah."
"Pabo" you said under your breath.

He still had a sneaky smile on his face.

"Go get changed then." He said.

You tried on several outfits, but there was one that you both loved, that he insisted that you get and wear today.

It was a pink babydoll top with a red belt, a white cardigan and white shorts.

After he purchased a few outfits for you and you had changed into your new pink and white outfit, you and Myungsoo went to get bubble tea. You tried to pay for it, but he insisted on being a "complete gentleman" today.

You both grabbed your bubble teas and Myungsoo grabbed your hand leading you outthe door toward the exit of the mall. Today is awefully fast-paced you thought to yourself, but didn't dare complain, enjoying your bubble tea and the feeling his fingers intertwined with yours. You exited to mall and walked down a path. In only a couple minutes you were at a small stream. 

"Whenever I'm in this area I like to come here and sit on these rocks" he said sitting on a large rock.

You sat by him sipping loudly at your bubble tea which earned you a small giggle from Myungsoo. You had been known to be elegant when you wanted to be, but on a reular basis... you were far from graceful. 

Myungsoo reached around your waist pulling you closer to him. You lay your head on his shoulder and the two of you sat like this for a while. 

"I love you." He said a bit randomly. 

You turned your head and kissed his neck in answer, letting your lips linger and your tongue trail his skin a bit.You could literally feel him heat up. You smiled kissing his flushed face.

He cut the teasing short, getting up and saying that you should head back to the car now. You smirked a little, making him blush even brighter.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 minutes later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you remember this song from 2013?" Myung asks, turning up K.Will's Love Blossom.

"Of course!" you laugh. "You were in the music video!"

"You really were obsessed with me" He teased, taking your hand.

The rest of the car ride to who knows where was peaceful and romantic. He kept the atmosphere light and playful yet every word he spoke was filled with love and adoration.

You arrived at a location that looked far from romantic. A small parking lot in....the middle of nowhere.

He got out and opened your door for you. He took your hand to help you out and closed the door. Then he took a small piece of fabric out of his blazer pocket. He leaned in and kissed you, then carefully placed the blindfold over your eyes and tied it behind your head. 

"It's a surprise," He whispered in your ear, sending tingles down your spine.

He put his arm around your wait and began leading you down a path. A couple times he pulled you in close to keep you from stumbling, though you suspected it could have been an excuse to hug you. Soon you came to a stop and you felt warm lips pressed against your cheek. Myungsoo then took off your blindfold. You blinked a few times and saw in the fading light of dusk a winding stone path leading up a hill. There were lanterns on each side of the path every few feet or so, illuminating the stepping stones. Your jaw dropped open and you stared at your boyfriend in amazement. He smiled sheepishly and looked down. You kissed his cheek and started following the stone path and he followed you. As you walked, you came across a small envelope with hearts scribbled on it. You opened it:

"Confession #1 I loved you when I first saw you"

You looked at him, confused. He just smiled saying "There are more where that came from." 

You giggled a bit at his awkwardness and kept walking.

A few minutes later you found another.

"Confession #2 I've never been mad at you"

You continued finding the sweet messages as you walked.

"Confession #3 I think of you whenever I'm upset and I feel better"

"Confession #4 I can't live without you"

"Confession #5 Your smile makes everyone stop and look"

"Confession #6 I go crazy without you"

After the last confession you discovered that you had reached the top of this hill. There were lanterns everywhere illuminating a display of pink petals on the ground spelling out 사랑해. You turned to your adoring boyfriend and smiled.

You reached out to him but he walked past you. Standing behind the display of petals he smiled then motioned for you to look up.You looked up and saw, in the dim lighting of the lanterns, yards and yards of pink silky fabric draped from the branches of the cherry blossom tree. You followed the curves of the fabric with your eyes alllllll the way to the string at the end of it which Myungie now held. With one swift motion he pulled all the fabric from the tree releasing thousands of pink petals to flutter in the wind. He walked toward you, petals getting caught in his hair here and there. 

You smiled like an idiot the whole time and he embraced you sweetly, combing your long hair with his fingers and leaving kisses all along your shoulder, neck and head. You looked into each others eyes and began laughing, colapsing together in the petals. 

"This is too amazing, Jagiya. I love you so much." You said, kissing him after each word.

He pet your hair and kissed you back one final time before the two of you lay down to gaze up at the night sky. 

As you lay on the soft ground, looking at the beautiful, twinkly stars, he breathed softly into your ears forming the words "Happy Valentine's Day, my love."